The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rear Washer Fluid (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41077)

CorSVXette 10-04-2007 09:19 AM

Rear Washer Fluid

I am having a problem with my rear washer fluid. I can hear the pump running when I try to spray the fluid but nothing comes out. ( and before you ask the obvious, YES I have fluid in the tank):lol:

dcarrb 10-04-2007 09:35 AM

The hose is disconnected, or more likely the plastic connector is broken at the wiper end. Any fluid dripping from the trunk liner?

dcb

CorSVXette 10-04-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb (Post 497772)
The hose is disconnected, or more likely the plastic connector is broken at the wiper end. Any fluid dripping from the trunk liner?

dcb

No fluid dripping from the truck liner. I have to go out and try again but if I remember the last time I tried it it seemed to get a little wet at the end where the fluid is supposed to come out.

ensteele 10-04-2007 03:40 PM

If the tube has not come off or the tip is not broken off, the hole may be plugged up. Look at the hole and see if it has some debris in it. :)

CorSVXette 10-05-2007 01:58 PM

OK I got some fluid to come out. There was a kink in the line. The fluid on shoots up maybe 1/4 the way up the window. Is that normal?

dcarrb 10-05-2007 02:47 PM

You can use a straight pin to aim the nozzle, but go easy. The first time I adjusted mine, it shot clear over the car.

dcb

NikFu S. 10-05-2007 03:34 PM

Where was the kink? After 2 years of having a dry rear windsheild I took things apart and found the people that had replaced the glass put a nice kink right at the very end of the hose. I don't see how you can get one anywhere else though, tbh.

CorSVXette 10-06-2007 04:06 AM

I found the kink right on top of the bottle. There is a little cutout that looks like it supposed to hold the hose. He had the hose in there and it kinked. I took it out of there and it now works but I don't really get a good spray. It seems to only spray up a little onto the window. It was suggested that I try to move the sprayer which I will try later on this afternoon to see if I can get the spray up higher but I don't think that will work because it seems like it is not getting enough force out of the sprayer.:cool:

CorSVXette 10-17-2007 02:29 PM

I still cannot get this thing to work. It just dribble out. Is there a way to check the line without tearing everything apart? Can I get to the line if I remove the speaker covers? If so, How do I remove them? There appears to be fluid in the line that I can see from the truck area but I cannot tell how far up it goes before it comes to "another kink"?

NikFu S. 10-17-2007 03:01 PM

Did you look at the base of the window behind the little plastic cap? It just pulls right out.

Hondasucks 10-17-2007 11:27 PM

I had the same problem with my 87 Turbowagon, so I dug into it one day, found out that halfway up the D pillar there is a check valve, so that the fluid doesn't drain back into the tank (that way it doesn't take as long for the fluid to squirt out when you hit the button), well that check valve was rusted shut. Soaked it in WD-40 and it worked fine after that...

CorSVXette 10-18-2007 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 501874)
I had the same problem with my 87 Turbowagon, so I dug into it one day, found out that halfway up the D pillar there is a check valve, so that the fluid doesn't drain back into the tank (that way it doesn't take as long for the fluid to squirt out when you hit the button), well that check valve was rusted shut. Soaked it in WD-40 and it worked fine after that...

Halfway up the "D pillar"? Your talking to SVX rookie:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S. (Post 501684)
Did you look at the base of the window behind the little plastic cap? It just pulls right out.

What Plastic cap are you talking about:confused: On the outside of the glass?

dcarrb 10-18-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorSVXette (Post 501672)
Can I get to the line if I remove the speaker covers?

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorSVXette (Post 501672)
What Plastic cap are you talking about On the outside of the glass?

The plastic cover inside the car, on the package shelf at the base of the backglass, comes off easily by sliding forward, but as I recall that's not going to help you find a kink in the line.

Did you try inserting a small straight pin or needle into the nozzle? Could be there's a bit of trash clogging the works.

dcb

CorSVXette 10-18-2007 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb (Post 501914)
No.

The plastic cover inside the car, on the package shelf at the base of the backglass, comes off easily by sliding forward, but as I recall that's not going to help you find a kink in the line.

Did you try inserting a small straight pin or needle into the nozzle? Could be there's a bit of trash clogging the works.

dcb

Yea. I tied with a pin but it didn't help. I have to hold the squirter down and listen to the motor run and then after about a minute I start to see a little dribble comming out.

NikFu S. 10-18-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb (Post 501914)

That's where my kink was.