The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   One more SVX........GIVEN NEW LIFE! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32569)

zavikan 04-09-2006 05:01 PM

One more SVX........GIVEN NEW LIFE!

1 Attachment(s)
After 2 months of weekend work, and an hour every once in a while on an evening, I have taken the totaled SVX of Joe2Rule, and replaced the hood, fender, bumper, headlights, cornerlights, Radiator(neither of us knew it already had a tranny cooler installed, lucky me). And that brought her back.

Then while I was diddling around, I switched the interior to woodgrain to 94 style, fully cleaned the suade, replaced hood struts, replaced CV joint, rear view mirror, set the Security button/LED to work with the aftermarket system, replaced all burned out interior lights, and removed reverse guages.

And after all of that effort... Here is the result:

Chris 04-09-2006 05:05 PM

Awesome and well done! :D

SilverSpear 04-09-2006 05:12 PM

Great you saved another silver!, but I should note two things from the pic I see:
1- I guess you painted the front fenders/hood/bumper... doesn't they look different in color from the rest of the car?
2- You need the adjust the front bumper on the level of the headlight bottom, it needs lifting a little bit :rolleyes:

But great looking car, again, congrats :cool: ;)

ensteele 04-09-2006 05:53 PM

Super job! I am glad to hear another one made it from the dead list. :) :) :)

demonsvx 04-09-2006 06:20 PM

Must Stop Myself From Making This My New Background Ahhhhh!!!

zavikan 04-09-2006 06:52 PM

I have done no painting to any parts. they are all from a Silver Parts car that had a dead tranny, and a beautiful body.Its just the way I took the shot.

As to lifting the bumper... how the heck do I do that? I noticed myself the problem there, and wasnt sure what to do about it.

As to others, thanks. I needed adulation. ;)

SVXRide 04-09-2006 07:12 PM

Nice! Thanks for saving another SVX!!
-Bill

mbtoloczko 04-09-2006 08:03 PM

Looks good.

SVX-FF 04-09-2006 08:08 PM

Hey you missed the door dings. :eek:

J/K The car looks awesome. Nice color match with the paint. Silver can be a pain to match right.

Steve

Chiketkd 04-09-2006 08:17 PM

Great job!!!! :)

SSSVX 04-09-2006 11:01 PM

Looks good enough...good job. It's happy to see the result of your effort!!:)

Mike621 04-10-2006 09:04 AM

Excellent job James!

Youll be pleased to know that your former silver has fixed my car twice now and brought one back from the dead.

How did you live with all of those Leds EVERYWHERE!

lol...

I have so many cuts from the glass. I just pulled the engine wiring harness yesterday and Tom came over and pulled the engine and trans out.

Seriously though, this one looks great!!!!

zavikan 04-10-2006 03:42 PM

Alyssa's Donation.

Mike,

Thanks for telling me that, makes me feel better about her demise.

As for the glass, if you looked around BEFORE you got into it and all cut up, you would of noticed lots and lots of blood drops all over the place from ME. My hands were a MESS after the accident, and while I was pulling the stereo and panels off it got worse and worse.

Another question, think you could ask Tom for me if he has gotten the WRX changer in a car yet? Would love my CDs back:rolleyes: :)

As to the LED's......I was 18........ Lost interest in those silly things around....18 1/2. :o

TomsSVX 04-10-2006 03:58 PM

I haven't had time to install it yet. Sorry man... Are you bringing that sweet silver to reading?? if so, I can give them to you there. I am hoping to have it done by then

Tom

zavikan 04-10-2006 07:29 PM

CDs and Reading

Hey, no problem. Just wanted to know where those were.

As to Reading, I had to make the very difficult desision not to go. I think it is an important meet, and really would go if I could simply afford it. As it is, my College is demanding $500 off my butt within the month. Going thru a move 400 miles away within a month, and dont have any job lined up for once I get there.

Logically, I should NOT of purchased an SVX at this time, let alone restored one. My GF has been VERY permitting of my SVX obsession, and has gone through the same CRAZY money crunch I have been going through. The month I bought the SVX, I payed rent 3 weeks late. We have been eating fish sticks and chicken nuggets for the last months to get by, while I continued to sink our money into the SVX.

Another $500 for a weekend trip really wouldn't be fair to her or smart of me. I cut corners just to have an SVX again, and next year I can enjoy the luxury of it.

I just couldn't bear the thought that by the time I could afford budgeting in an SVX properly, there wouldn't be any left to buy.