The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mechanical solution??? PLS READ EVERYONE (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25645)

SilverSpear 04-19-2005 12:52 AM

Mechanical solution??? PLS READ EVERYONE

Guys i was talking the other day to my mechanic about labor costs in the states, he suggested a wild idea. he told me what if we both do a trip to the states for around 2 weeks, from my side i would get to know some of my fellow SVX'ers and he will fix your mechanical problems for 60% of what you pay as labor costs to mechanics over there... but he needs like a 20 cars signup for this project (he can fix tranny problems, bearings, 5mt swaps, timings belts, water pumps...........everything MECHANICAL in nature...) but he needs a garage and instruments...
Well i said i would ask the guys for such a thing... crazy but feasible??? :D
any legal constraints? etc...etc...

Electrophil 04-19-2005 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Where would you set up? As you know, we are kinda spread out over here. Ensteel made up and posted a pdf file of active members by state. That may help.

I'm in Nevada... There's only 3 or 4 of us that participate here from the entire state. I've only seen 4 SVX's in Las Vegas.. and 2 are mine! Climate is too warm for people to take interest in AWD subies. 1.8 Million people in Vegas with 1 usually deserted Subaru dealership.

A setup would have to happen up north between NY and NJ, or maybe Oregon to get between California and Washington state.

Here's the pdf Ensteel posted:

n00b on demand 04-19-2005 06:38 AM

Very nice idea and very thoughtful but at the same time 2 weeks wouldnt be enough to do all of what we would ask. Unless your mechanic is some sort of robot that needs no rest :D

n00b on demand 04-19-2005 06:39 AM

Look whos first on the list reppin new yawkkkkkk :D :D :D

SilverSpear 04-19-2005 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Very nice idea and very thoughtful but at the same time 2 weeks wouldnt be enough to do all of what we would ask. Unless your mechanic is some sort of robot that needs no rest :D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !!! believe me, he's good at it !!! he is able to take out the SVX engine, change leaky gaskets of valve covers, and the rear one between the engine and tranny, and put it back again in 2 hours... and he is a genius in other mechanical stuff !!!
Anyway guys, as i have said, it is a crazy idea, i am not taking it seriously into consideration... but i thought maybe we can travel to an SVX gathering place... and help you out...

n00b on demand 04-19-2005 07:19 AM

You should come to reading 7 next year....in april so that you can meet everyone.

pavanbabut 04-19-2005 12:41 PM

I am first in the list..... :D ..

yeah gr8t idea......

we can rip out our sucking subaru dealers.... :D

-Pavan.

SSSVX 04-19-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
Where would you set up? As you know, we are kinda spread out over here. Ensteel made up and posted a pdf file of active members by state. That may help.

I'm in Nevada... There's only 3 or 4 of us that participate here from the entire state. I've only seen 4 SVX's in Las Vegas.. and 2 are mine! Climate is too warm for people to take interest in AWD subies. 1.8 Million people in Vegas with 1 usually deserted Subaru dealership.

A setup would have to happen up north between NY and NJ, or maybe Oregon to get between California and Washington state.

This list is cool. So not every state has at least one SVX, right? :D

SSSVX 04-19-2005 03:16 PM

I think maybe you can probably find more mechanics such as at least 4 up to 10 the max and visit us to the Reading annually for about 2-3 weeks long. And you should charge us even cheaper rate because you can't provide us a warranty job after you guys go back. :p I think it might encourage more people to go to Reading Meet every year.

You can ship your SVX here if you want. haha. You can get to visit us, make some money during a fun vacation and buy some svx parts back there every year. Isn't it a more "cool" idea? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Want me to help you to set up this company? :p

SilverSpear 04-20-2005 02:46 AM

Guys it was just a thought.... nothing serious

SilverSpear 04-20-2005 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil

very interesting opinion and list, if feasible, let me know with details, maybe we will do the trip this summer :D

SVX-FF 04-20-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
You should come to reading 7 next year....in april so that you can meet everyone.

If Danny and his mechanic friend came over to Reading 7 than it would be the 1st International Reading Meet. :cool:

Steve

pavanbabut 04-20-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX-FF
If Danny and his mechanic friend came over to Reading 7 than it would be the 1st International Reading Meet. :cool:

Steve

yep!.... very cooooool.....cant wait to see tht.... :D

SVX-FF 04-20-2005 07:37 PM

Hey Danny that new Airbus is pretty roomie. I bet there is room for you SVX too. :eek:

Steve

SilverSpear 04-22-2005 03:07 AM

Ok then, now i will be coming!!! i was thinking about this problem but now it is resolved, i was thinking how can i leave my baby behind... :D :D :D