The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   just sad (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9888)

BLKSVX92 04-08-2003 07:33 PM

just sad

Well to those who know, my car was just going to make the deadline, complete 5 speed swap, so that i could make the 14 hour drive to Reading. However, I received an email today stating that 3 Marquette students were involved in a car accident on their way home from New Orleans to see us in the first Final Four in 30 years. Upon reading the email further, I found out that one of my friends was one of the students involved. One of my friends later today informed me that she has been in surgery all day. No other information known at this time.:( Because of this I have chosen not to attend Reading this year.

My thoughts are with her, and her family, and I hope that those getting ready for the upcoming meet drive safely and get home safely.

Michael

Seraph 04-08-2003 07:46 PM

This is bad. I hope everyone else is safe.

mohrds 04-08-2003 07:58 PM

Sorry to hear that Mike.

Our thoughts will be with your friend's family.

Doug

Aredubjay 04-09-2003 12:36 AM

Michael,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends and families.

Hopefully, I'll see you at this year's MWM.

svxistentialist 04-09-2003 05:11 AM

Bad news indeed Michael.

Sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend and families. Hope all comes well.

Joe

PS trust and hope everyone going to Reading will drive safe. Please keep 'em shiny side up, greasy side down, arrive smiling.

CigarJohnny 04-09-2003 08:36 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that, Mike. I can definitley understand your decision. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your friends and their families. Tell her she has lots of people sending her healing vibes.

Hoping for the best,
-Johnny

GreenMarine 04-09-2003 10:28 AM

Let us know how she makes out mike..... Hopefully she'll be alright

BLKSVX92 04-09-2003 11:44 AM

I'd just like to thank everyone for their warm thoughts, as I find out more, I'll let everyone know.

BLKSVX92 04-09-2003 08:22 PM

Latest update, the driver pasted away early this morning in surgery, and my friend has been upgraded from critical to serious

svxistentialist 04-10-2003 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLKSVX92
Latest update, the driver pasted away early this morning in surgery, and my friend has been upgraded from critical to serious
Michael,

Sorry to hear the news about the driver. R.I.P.

"Critical" in medical terminology is more dangerous than "serious", so I take it you mean she has improved.

Good, hope she keeps improving fast. Best wishes.

Joe

LarryIII 04-10-2003 04:32 AM

Mike,

I'm sorry for your loss. Rosie and I will pray for these young people and for your friend to make a complete recovery.