The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Totally disable security system? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39251)

techy101 06-06-2007 01:07 AM

Totally disable security system?

Sorry if this is a total n00b question, but I'm an SVX newb.

I'd like to just get rid of the factory security system. Eventually to add in an aftermarket system, but for the time being, I'd just like to permenantly disable the factory system.

Thanks

nonSTOP_service 06-06-2007 01:30 AM

... Any particular reason? Is the factory one not good enough? I assume you can just pull a fuse and it's all good but...

Suby Fan 06-06-2007 01:38 AM

thats easy dont use it for a few months it will nuke its self! :mad:

nonSTOP_service 06-06-2007 02:04 AM

That sucks, does that mean mine is gettin ready to die?

I think the last guy never used it though. He couldn't even get his key fob/remote start to work.

techy101 06-06-2007 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonSTOP_service
... Any particular reason? Is the factory one not good enough? I assume you can just pull a fuse and it's all good but...

No, it is causing more problems than any kind of good. I also don't have a FOB for disarming it which is a PITA. So I'd rather just be rid of the whole thing.

nonSTOP_service 06-06-2007 02:15 AM

Makes sense, I realized after looking at your handle that you're the guy who just picked up the project SVX.

techy101 06-06-2007 02:18 AM

Yup, that'd be me. I'm pretty sure I annoyed my neighbors last night when I accidentally set the bleedin' thing off at 3am:rolleyes:

nonSTOP_service 06-06-2007 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techy101
Yup, that'd be me. I'm pretty sure I annoyed my neighbors last night when I accidentally set the bleedin' thing off at 3am:rolleyes:

My kinda guy!

Trust me, I've been there. I also once watched an XT6 drive into a house when we jump started it and the girl behind the wheel forgot she parked it in gear...

At 2am.

While drunk.

Police were involved.

SVXdc 06-07-2007 01:11 AM

Back to the original question...

You can totally disable the factory system by unplugging the security module.

Unfortunately, on the '92 and '93 (models without the passenger airbag) you'll need to remove the glovebox to access it. Instructions are posted here one or more times. There are many screws.

Take notes as you remove the screws. Procedure not recommended while drunk. :)

nonSTOP_service 06-07-2007 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXdc
Back to the original question...

You can totally disable the factory system by unplugging the security module.

Unfortunately, on the '92 and '93 (models without the passenger airbag) you'll need to remove the glovebox to access it. Instructions are posted here one or more times. There are many screws.

Take notes as you remove the screws. Procedure not recommended while drunk. :)

*throws cards down*

Well, I'm out! :D

But seriously, I'll have to keep in mind that mine doesn't have a passenger airbag. I'm still learning you see.