The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ka-runch! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8580)

Aredubjay 02-03-2003 12:54 PM

Ka-runch!

Been so busy catching up on posts to offer up my latest news.

Aside from the front diff problem (the Tranny shop has still not called me back with an estimate, after two weeks. Think they're afraid?) on "Patience", and the O2 Sensors needing to be replaced on the Evil Twin, my wife announced to me (quite offhandedly) Saturday night that the right front fender on "Patience" was "wrecked." Once she saw the veins pop out on my neck, my eyes bulge, my face turn a bright crimson, somehow, her next statement was rhetorical, "I thought you knew."

I turned on our floodlights (it was dark) I ran to the front door, flung it open, and stomped to the car. I was greeted by a bumper that had been relieved of every bit of paint and primer (all the way to the black) on the right corner, a crushed right front side marker and a foot and a half crease down the right front fender, accented with red paint. After saying a few words over the fender (not prayers, mind you), I marched up on the front porch and paced back and forth like an idiot before unleashing my wrath upon the first thing I found (I punted a lawn chair from my porch across the front yard), then, promptly marched inside to ask what happened. "I don't know. I thought you did it." She said. "Well, (through clinched teeth) I obviously didn't, so we need to find out who did."

At any rate, we deduced that it was the person for whom my daughter babysat, this past Friday, which was the ONLY place the car had been that day. I was surprised, because these folks weren't the kind of folks who would not 'fess up, to such a thing.

Turned out that, upon backing out of the driveway to attend a friend's funeral (the reason my daughter was there to babysit in the first place), he clipped the car. Apparently he was so distrought, he didn't even realize he'd done it, and, upon returning home that afternoon (my daughter was already gone, and hadn't even noticed the damage -- since it was on the passenger's side), he noticed damage to his car and had suspected that someone had hit him at the funeral.

Needless to say, after being approached about the possibility, the white paint on his car and the red paint on mine, pretty much cinched it (he was driving a red Chevy Cavalier). He apologized and gave me his insurance information. I've been in contact, with his insurance company. We'll go from there. :(

Landshark 02-03-2003 01:29 PM

:( :mad: :( :mad: :(

svx_commuter 02-03-2003 01:35 PM

Oh that is sad but it's not that bad.
Try to be glad for it is just a tad.
You can still drive it and not be mad.

GreenMarine 02-03-2003 01:43 PM

Poet????

Do we have a Poet on the Network???? Sonds like it.... Well Mr. President, you took it alot more litely than I would have. I commend you for that. I assure ya it it was "sleeping beauty" that had that happen to her someone would be about 6 feet under now!!! Hope it gets fixed soon though so you can show off the both of your cars at Reading!!!!

Aredubjay 02-03-2003 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter
Oh that is sad but it's not that bad.
Try to be glad for it is just a tad.
You can still drive it and not be mad.

Don't quitcher day job. :rolleyes: :D

Thing is (just like when the LEFT fender was crunched, prior to the MWM), I'll have to look at it every day until it's fixed -- which drives me NUTS. Meanwhile, this is adding to the list of things that must be done before Reading:

Body work done on "Patience"
Diff work on "Patience"
Tie Rod on ET
Tail Pipe on ET (before tip drops off and goes careening down the highway) :D

solarsvx 02-03-2003 01:46 PM

wow randy sorry to hear the bad news, luckily it wasnt too bad. and good u found the corperate behind it.=>

Alcyone SVX LSL 02-03-2003 02:02 PM

Not good to hear but glad you found out who did it...

RSVX 02-03-2003 02:38 PM

Look at the bright side... at least you were able to find the person responsible. and it wasnt a true "hit and run".

Aredubjay 02-03-2003 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RSVX
Look at the bright side... at least you were able to find the person responsible. and it wasnt a true "hit and run".
True. One set of wipers is safe from the retributory efforts of a PO'd SVXer. :D

Aredubjay 02-03-2003 03:05 PM

I just got a call from the insurance company. I now have a case number. Things are rolling right along. Will have to call the adjuster in the morning. Their offices are closed now. :(

CigarJohnny 02-03-2003 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

True. One set of wipers is safe from the retributory efforts of a PO'd SVXer. :D

You could still put a boot to the door of it if you choose. :D

Seriously though, I am glad it's getting fixed and like you, it would drive me insane to look at it everyday until it was fixed. May you muster all the patience you can ;)

Aredubjay 02-03-2003 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
May you muster all the patience you can ;)
Thus, the name of the car. :rolleyes:

ensteele 02-03-2003 04:22 PM

Randy, I am proud of you. I was gritting my teeth when I read that you went back into the house. (oh no) I am glad that you can count to 10, and that it takes several minutes to do it. ;) I am sorry to hear about you news. :(

Green1995SVX 02-03-2003 04:28 PM

I sent you a PM, Randy.

Mike

svxistentialist 02-03-2003 05:15 PM

"Patience" is a virtue

Which the proud owner can lay claim to.

Glad you sourced your culprit Randy. Trust you will get Patience sorted real soon.

These things are sent to try us, and to see how strong our lawn chairs really are!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Joe:)