The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX in the movies (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4862)

Roel Albers 07-11-2002 11:18 AM

SVX in the movies

Hallo SVX community!

on the brink of buying one myself and keeping a close eye on the car since it was launched in the early nineties I am now looking to find the name of the movies in which the car played a role.

I have been told that it appeared in one of the Cannonball Run movies, and in a movie with a white detective partnering a black detective.

Can you please let me know of any movie it played a role, and also any documentary or video that exist? I would very much like to start a small library: 'SVX in the movies'. The car is as special to look at as it is to drive.

Thank you for your response! :confused:

RSVX 07-11-2002 11:35 AM

The Detective Movie was a Parody staring Emilio Esteves named Loaded Weapon 1.

It was also in an episode of Seinfeld, the one where they lose their car in the parking garage at the mall, they pass it several times.

Thats all that I can think of off hand, and I know this topic has come up MANY times, so you will find help.

Seraph 07-11-2002 12:00 PM

I have some movies of the SVX as well. I am downloading the sinefeld episode 306 now to see if it is there.

Lwin

kuoh 07-11-2002 12:15 PM

It was not in any of the Cannonball Run movies, but is was in a detective mystery/romance made for TV movie (as well as Loaded Weapon) set somewhere in the Carribeans islands area shot in the very late 90's. Don't remember the name of that one but it wasn't a great movie anyway.

KuoH

Bwana 07-11-2002 01:49 PM

In the Sienfeld episode, a couple gets into a black SVX at around the 7:30 mark (if downloaded).
And, after further viewing, Kramer is yelling for George in front of a black SVX at the 14:57 mark. :D
If anyone wants me to send them the episode email me: smatrixt@aol.com or IM me at the same name.

huck369 07-11-2002 05:59 PM

On the TV series "Early Edition" in the second(I think) season the main main guy's best friend "Chuck" has a 94 Red Anniversary Edition that he has through most of the season, in one episode the SVX gets stolen and they hunt for it through most of the episode.

Seraph 07-11-2002 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by huck369
On the TV series "Early Edition" in the second(I think) season the main main guy's best friend "Chuck" has a 94 Red Anniversary Edition that he has through most of the season, in one episode the SVX gets stolen and they hunt for it through most of the episode.
Anni. Edition was made only in 93. They are red. Barcelona if I recall. Like the 94s. All 95+ are Brilliant reds.

Lwin

huck369 07-11-2002 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

Anni. Edition was made only in 93. They are red. Barcelona if I recall. Like the 94s. All 95+ are Brilliant reds.

Lwin

Sorry, I was typing without thinking.

Seraph 07-11-2002 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by huck369

Sorry, I was typing without thinking.

It's ok. I was just being an ass.

Lwin

kuoh 07-11-2002 06:56 PM

Golf clap.

KuoH

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
It's ok. I was just being an ass.

htyei 07-11-2002 08:06 PM

initial d movie

Not much to talk about but it also had a 1 second appearance in
Initial D Third stage the movie.
Its an animated (anime) japanese cartoon movie about touge(moutain racing)

It drove by on the street while the characters were having a conversation

svxeno 07-11-2002 08:35 PM

I thought someone said it was Princess Vespa's spaceship in "Space Balls" by Mel Brooks.

I don't remember seeing it myself but it's been a while.

red95svx 07-11-2002 08:50 PM

SVX in movies

There is an SVX in the movie "Falling Down" starring Robert Duval and Michael Douglas. Early in the movie Duval helps a cop push a stranded car off of the highway. Behind Duval, sitting in traffic, is an SVX with it's drivers window down.

David

1994SubaruSVX 07-12-2002 08:03 AM

i remember the seinfeld episode.

i will have to see if i can find the early edition episode. i have seen falling down but i dont remember seeing an svx......

Phast SVX 07-12-2002 08:39 AM

im gonna search the web for fan sites and see if i cant find the early edition episode. Although i dont think it will be as easy as the seinfeld episode.....