The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I Quit....... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22469)

HighwayUFO 11-06-2004 01:15 PM

I Quit.......

....Smoking. I have been smoking since I was 14. And now that I'm 20, I have the greater part of my life to look forward to. I was getting as bad as almost 2 packs per day. I met someone who pushed me to quit, and it has been so great to not have that heavy burden over my head. Food tastes better and I forgot how much more pleasing certain aromas are.

Another plus side is that the SVX will be smoke free again.:D:D

It has been hard the last couple of days. I figure if I just take one puff when I have a craving, that alone will get me through this. But it has been about 36 hours since my last complete death stick, and life feels great!!!:D:D

Keith

Mr. Pockets 11-06-2004 01:28 PM

Congratulations, Keith. I've never been a smoker, so I can't say that I know first-hand how hard it is to quit, but I have seen people go through it. I'm glad you're feeling great now - I bet you're in for some tough times ahead. It's great that you have somebody who supports you - you're going to need them to help you.

Keep it up! :)

Landshark 11-06-2004 02:28 PM

IByougetfat

ensteele 11-06-2004 03:12 PM

Keep up the good work. It will get harder, but then it will get easier again. That is what many have told me (I don't, or have never smoked), and they all say how much better they feel. :)

Chiketkd 11-06-2004 04:58 PM

Congrats Keith! Just think...more money for mods! :D

-Chike

immortal_suby 11-06-2004 05:01 PM

note to the mods - keep an eye on Keith's posting the next couple weeks....

j/k man - good luck with the quitting. I quit drinking for a half day once, I haven't slept past noon since then. :eek:

Seraph 11-06-2004 05:52 PM

good job

Landshark 11-06-2004 08:03 PM

i quit smoking cigarettes.......now i smoke little cigars. :rolleyes:

good luck, and replace the food cravings with exercise!

SSSVX 11-07-2004 02:26 AM

good for ya

Yep, Just think of saving more money for the SVX. :D

As first, I thought you gonna quit delivering pizza....:D:p

Were you mad(can you handle) if you deliver to a lota
houses that not giving you decent tip or no tip at all?:rolleyes:

Rotorflyr 11-07-2004 03:37 AM

Congrats Keith,
I know first hand how hard it can be, smoked for about 18yrs, started when I was 13, quit 4 yrs ago, and still want one just about everyother day or so. I know if I even take a puff, I'll be back to a Pack & 1/2- 2 Packs a day in no time! The (physical) cravings go away, just be tough, and you'll do it.

As time goes on, you'll also notice how foul smelling they are, and you will also notice the smell on people even if they don't have one lit!

SHISVX 11-07-2004 05:07 AM

i know how hard that is. good luck...eat a lot of mints, they keep the food cravings away...and chew gum...that helps too!

Kelli

MNYPNNY 11-08-2004 09:15 AM

I smoked for 10 years and quit almost 7 years ago. Occasionally I crave one, but I really hate how my clothes smell when I've been hanging out in the smoking section.

Stick with it!

Peach 11-08-2004 11:39 AM

good work slayer

I quit 9 months ago...I had smoked for 35 years. I only wish I had the money I have spent...I'm sure it would be enough to buy a bunch of SVXes. Why did I quit? My son looked at me that certain way and said " Please dad, if you love me." Keep up the good work slayer you'll NEVER be sorry you quit.:D

NapaBavarian 11-08-2004 12:46 PM

I never somked, but I quit painting 1 year ago, (it is kinda similar) and after 3 months felt like a brand new person!!!

Earthworm 11-08-2004 01:30 PM

Congrats!

Here's a suggestion though: Don't cheat! One puff always leads to more. It's NEVER ok to "just have one puff".

I've never smoked since I was born so I'm not familiar with the cravings. It's nice for me that the city of Winnipeg is smoke free!