The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The End? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18155)

H6'er 04-21-2004 01:22 PM

The End?

Car got smacked in front of house.
Driver side rear corner GONE!
Wheel and tire OK.....not sure about suspension.
90% chance insurance will total it.
Will buy back from insurance company if anyone here is interested in a parts car.

Funny thing is, have same wheels as silver roll-over victim in Utah......bad day for Motegi's:mad:

I will only have 'till Thursday afternoon to make decision.....lemme know.

Thanks,
Mark
who is pondering his next move...............

RSVX 04-21-2004 01:30 PM

year?

Color?

interior Color?

H6'er 04-21-2004 01:37 PM

Black/Grey leather

Rear wing.

Second tranny.

Kinda rough around the edges, I have owned it since 4/94 and has been used to do a lot of travel on gravel/dirt roads. Has a couple of dings and paint is a bit scratched up. Interior is good with the exception of driver's seat has a loose stitch and the floormats are worn.

JeffN 04-21-2004 04:48 PM

Any wheels pics?

drivemusicnow 04-21-2004 05:34 PM

if you end up parting it out, I would like to know. could you also post some pics of it, before and after if you have any.

deruvian 04-21-2004 06:52 PM

Sorry to hear about that man. I had my first SVX totaled as well (rollover, hit-and-run). I would also like to know if you are going to part it out. Thanks!

CigarJohnny 04-21-2004 09:51 PM

So sorry to hear about your misfortune, Mark. :( You planning on getting another one?

Johnny

Noir 04-21-2004 10:12 PM

Re: The End?

Quote:

Originally posted by H6'er
Car got smacked in front of house.
Driver side rear corner GONE!
Wheel and tire OK.....not sure about suspension.
90% chance insurance will total it.
Will buy back from insurance company if anyone here is interested in a parts car.

Funny thing is, have same wheels as silver roll-over victim in Utah......bad day for Motegi's:mad:

I will only have 'till Thursday afternoon to make decision.....lemme know.

Thanks,
Mark
who is pondering his next move...............

i have motegi's too. one week after i had them on, i rolled my car lol.

i feel you pain man, but if you are planning to buy another, i'd say get that car back for parts. i did and i've been very happy about it. heck some members are very happy that i bought mine back too :D. hope you find another one soon if you are going to get a svx replacement. took me 4 months and alot of luck plus the great green1995svx's help to find my baby.

H6'er 04-23-2004 04:15 AM

Sorry I ducked out yesterday, took day off due to stress and funky work schedule......just gave up!

10 years and 1 month in the saddle..was like a part of my family for crying out LOUD!!!!

One wheel is toast from getting banged up the curb while in park(pinched the tire flat it got hit so hard:mad: ) and the one that was on the driver side rear might have gotten bent as I noticed the wheel was about an inch farther forward in the wheel well than on the passenger side.....guessing wheels are a no-go.

Insurance is giving me almost $4k but wants $1200 for me to retain the car. As much as I would like to keep it I have no room to store it and have enough projects in the works('69 Spit in garage that has not seen the light of day in 5 years.....not sure I am ever gonna live that one down :( )

Will ask where they are sending it....can at least give people the scoop on parts condition if they are close to where it ends up.

Am gonna take a month or two to shore up the funds before I start looking for a new car........another one is prolly in my future.

I do have some "stuff" floating around if anyone is interested.....
-Set of factory wheels....all slightly wobbled(how DO they do that?!)
-Full set of new inner tie-rod ends and boots
-Full set of rear wheel bearings and seals

Thanks for all of your well wishes!
Mark

Noir 04-23-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by H6'er
Sorry I ducked out yesterday, took day off due to stress and funky work schedule......just gave up!

10 years and 1 month in the saddle..was like a part of my family for crying out LOUD!!!!

One wheel is toast from getting banged up the curb while in park(pinched the tire flat it got hit so hard:mad: ) and the one that was on the driver side rear might have gotten bent as I noticed the wheel was about an inch farther forward in the wheel well than on the passenger side.....guessing wheels are a no-go.

Insurance is giving me almost $4k but wants $1200 for me to retain the car. As much as I would like to keep it I have no room to store it and have enough projects in the works('69 Spit in garage that has not seen the light of day in 5 years.....not sure I am ever gonna live that one down :( )

Will ask where they are sending it....can at least give people the scoop on parts condition if they are close to where it ends up.

Am gonna take a month or two to shore up the funds before I start looking for a new car........another one is prolly in my future.

I do have some "stuff" floating around if anyone is interested.....
-Set of factory wheels....all slightly wobbled(how DO they do that?!)
-Full set of new inner tie-rod ends and boots
-Full set of rear wheel bearings and seals

Thanks for all of your well wishes!
Mark

which insurance company is it? i only had to pay 750 bucks for my svx and they gave me $5200 for it?

my insurance is progressive and their policy is 15% of totalled payout to buy the car back. hope you told them it was a collector's car, they may give you more. they gave me more because of it.

good luck friend

JeffN 04-23-2004 05:42 PM

Call it a CPI, cars of prticular interest.

H6'er 04-26-2004 08:54 AM

"CARS OF PECULIAR INTEREST" :)

Did not know that was an option, will give it a try!

Was Farmer's Insurance (other car owners policy, thank GOD!)

Will see what happens, thanks guys.

Mark