The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The New EVO 8, It's here!!!....... What was that about the wheels??? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9392)

GreenMarine 03-18-2003 12:16 PM

The New EVO 8, It's here!!!....... What was that about the wheels???

Down here in Beaufort, S.C. at the Mitsubishi dealer, there are two brand new Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8's... They are running 35,009 a piece!!!! The wheels are pretty nice too... They are 6 spoke 17" wheels. If they are the right size for our cars, I think they would look really good. Especially with slotted or drilled rotors. They don't say Mitsubishi on them..... They say Enkei though.... What do ya think.... Wasn't there a post here a while back talking about the wheels fitting to our cars???

Noir 03-18-2003 12:47 PM

re: evo8

yeah, i looked at the evo8 after sneaking into the car show here last weekend. the security guard should have never told me to wait 1 hour in the back of the line or they would be $24 richer. i saw the evo8 there along with a few new concept cars that looked nice. took pictures of them. what's sick to me is that every car manufacture there were showing off their new suv's. volvo, volkswagen, porsche, etc. now offer suv's. go figure. the new cadillac concept car was nice. pontiac had two new nice cars and the rx8 looks great. other than that, the whole show was a waste. although the pretty spokeswoman for the tiberions (hyndai? or whatever) was very pleasing to talk to as well as to look at. she could easily sell me a vehicle, but i'll put it up for sale the very next day......

ahem..back to evo8, i'm going to see if i can test drive it this weekend. see how it runs. i wasn't too impressed with the wrx though, maybe the evo will be better.

GreenMarine 03-18-2003 01:04 PM

The dealership down here won't let ya test drive it unless you put half down.... To show that the buyer is really seroius.... I know that I would be one to go there and say that I have the money just to take that thing for a few laps around the block!!!!! But I wouldn't buy one.... I'd rather buy a STI... I'm a Subaru guy for life..... Unless I ever see them and GM get into it together really seriously..... I don't care if they are affiliated with eachother, but I never want to see Subaru's technology baged a GM product.... Gm will get a very bad "Nasty Gram" from me....

Noir 03-18-2003 01:08 PM

re: i can probably get by without a downpayment

:D i could get by without a down payment. i'll come up either in a yellow porsche or a nice benz 600sel. it pays to have rich friends.

i sometimes wonder though...how much would i have to pay if it wreck their cars by accident :(

oh well.

GreenMarine 03-18-2003 01:16 PM

just make sure that they have good insurance:D :D

Landshark 03-18-2003 03:42 PM

Evo Shmevo......just read that the STi will do 0-60mph in 4.6 sec!!! :eek:
that's exotic car performance for a little over $30k!

here's some comparisons...
Acura NSX 5.0sec $91,000
Corvette Z06 4.7sec $50,700
Astin Martin Vanquish 4.7sec $249,000

i smell a bargain (with AWD, too!) :D

Earthworm 03-18-2003 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
Evo Shmevo......just read that the STi will do 0-60mph in 4.6 sec!!! :eek:
that's exotic car performance for a little over $30k!

here's some comparisons...
Acura NSX 5.0sec $91,000
Corvette Z06 4.7sec $50,700
Astin Martin Vanquish 4.7sec $249,000

i smell a bargain (with AWD, too!) :D

I don't see an STi in your signature yet ;)

upnygimp 03-18-2003 05:16 PM

35K?!?! Thats 7k over MSRP! Wow, the nerve of some dealerships, and the you have to put half down. I'm hopin to find one at MSRP when I go lookin in a few years, unless the STi sways me first.

BLKSVX92 03-18-2003 05:20 PM

check this out then

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...SVX92/7307.jpg

Landshark 03-18-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
I don't see an STi in your signature yet ;)
the SVX can always be sold......;)
nah, but i wouldn't mind getting a slightly used one in a few years. then again, the B4 should be here by then. decisions, decisions!

upnygimp 03-18-2003 06:09 PM

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/lancer...ion/index.html

from Mitsubishi's site. The sunroof and the large wing added money, but still 35k is a little steep. Even with every option, it only comes to about 33,800.

MartyMcFly 03-19-2003 07:32 AM

Price!

I would love to have the US-prices for cars over here!

The price for the EVO VII was about € 45.000,-- over here, so that's not fair :(

Just wanted to tell you that I hate the expensive car-prices in europe!

mfg hrc

GreenMarine 03-19-2003 10:40 AM

Yea, I know what you're talking about... The price of cars in Australia are terrible!!!! But you guys are getting all the awesome cars that we can't have or are very hard to find. The only car that I have a major obsession with, besides the SVX, is a TVR Tuscan Speed 6.... I would give anything to have that car!!!

Earthworm 03-19-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Yea, I know what you're talking about... The price of cars in Australia are terrible!!!! But you guys are getting all the awesome cars that we can't have or are very hard to find. The only car that I have a major obsession with, besides the SVX, is a TVR Tuscan Speed 6.... I would give anything to have that car!!!
We don't get any of the real fun cars that the have practically anywhere else...now with the exception of the STi and EVO. I'm also a fan of the TVR Speed series. I watch Gumball 3000 sometimes just to admire it. Also have to love the power/weight ratio of the Speed 12!

Phast SVX 03-19-2003 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by upnygimp
35K?!?! Thats 7k over MSRP! Wow, the nerve of some dealerships, and the you have to put half down. I'm hopin to find one at MSRP when I go lookin in a few years, unless the STi sways me first.
msrp is 29k, with only one factory option.