The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Admins, do your job. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36782)

Saxist 01-02-2007 07:00 PM

Admins, do your job.

I have been a member of this board for years, and a few months ago, my account was restricted. No longer able to post, or send PMs. I dont even have a PM box anymore. I was not told why. I have never to my knowledge done anything against the rules. In the past few months I have notified personally via IM and email several different moderators and admins. I have also sent 2 emails to the SVX admins email account. all to no avail. I don't even warrent an explaination? Or at least some service here? Im not even on the restricted user list. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed in the administration here and their unprofessionalism. If only for their lack of communication, let alone any other part of this that is possibly their doing.

Zavikan:mad:

Saxist 01-02-2007 07:01 PM

Hopefully HERE(General Babble), some one will actually read it and either ask wtf is going ON, or do something about it.

Alcyone Lunacy 01-02-2007 07:10 PM

There is a check in thread for those who have gone a while since their last post?(to delete unused accounts) Maybe you hadn't posted in a while?

immortal_suby 01-02-2007 08:37 PM

Mods can't really do anything but notify the admin. We have no user account power.
Unfortunately our main admin had a personal issue and has been away for a while. I'm sure when he is back he will get back to his volunteer work and clear up your situation. You do not appear on the restricted or banned user list.

Trevor 01-02-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxist
I have been a member of this board for years, and a few months ago, my account was restricted. No longer able to post, or send PMs. I dont even have a PM box anymore. I was not told why. I have never to my knowledge done anything against the rules. In the past few months I have notified personally via IM and email several different moderators and admins. I have also sent 2 emails to the SVX admins email account. all to no avail. I don't even warrent an explaination? Or at least some service here? Im not even on the restricted user list. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed in the administration here and their unprofessionalism. If only for their lack of communication, let alone any other part of this that is possibly their doing.

Zavikan:mad:

I presume that you are aware that this ship runs on goodwill and the captain, officers and crew give of their services FREE. On that basis your post is rather harsh. :(

When did you last post, i.e. show real interest in activities here:confused: ?

n00b on demand 01-02-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
I presume that you are aware that this ship runs on goodwill and the captain, officers and crew give of their services FREE. On that basis your post is rather harsh. :(

When did you last post, i.e. show real interest in activities here:confused: ?

Ok so when your account gets restricted and you can't post or send PM's and you don't get an explanation you should just accept it? :confused:

Trevor 01-03-2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b on demand
Ok so when your account gets restricted and you can't post or send PM's and you don't get an explanation you should just accept it? :confused:

I would be a little less inclined to publicise my feelings so strongly, until I had found exactly the reasons why. :(

RSVX 01-03-2007 03:13 AM

Quote:

How do you suggest that one be notified of this happening... if their PM inbox goes away.

And please dont tell me that you think Chris should take the time to email each individual that hes is restricting their accounts... You have no idea how many accounts he has had to do this to... can you imagine if he had to send an email to every single user?

ensteele 01-03-2007 08:00 AM

There have been very few accounts that have been restricted, and everyone has been PMed or emailed for the reason. We don't just do it for the fun of it. This is the first time I have heard of this, and will be happy to try to do what is needed. It looks like you are back, so what can I do for you? If someone is restricted, all one has to do is email me (click on Earl in my signature and I will get it). Chris is not around much and I can do most anything that you will need. Sorry, but my dad had a stroke and my dog was injured badly, so was not around during the Christmas season. I am back now and will try to help you.

Remember that you can catch more flys with honey than hitting a dog with a stick. :o

Earthworm 01-03-2007 08:04 AM

I do notice now that you show up in the "Members List" where you weren't before.

n00b on demand 01-03-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
How do you suggest that one be notified of this happening... if their PM inbox goes away.

And please dont tell me that you think Chris should take the time to email each individual that hes is restricting their accounts... You have no idea how many accounts he has had to do this to... can you imagine if he had to send an email to every single user?

I'm sorry i forgot how no one can voice their opinion on this site because someone else owns it and were all playing in his sandbox.

SomethingElse 01-03-2007 11:32 AM

has anyone seen my shovel and bucket?:rolleyes:

Trevor 01-03-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry i forgot how no one can voice their opinion on this site because someone else owns it and were all playing in his sandbox.

Ask your mother about; others in the sand box; sarcasm; manners; glass houses; shoveling sand without $hit. :(

RSVX 01-03-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted... but thanks for playing!

n00b on demand 01-03-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX

If their PM box goes away there is this nifty thing called EMAIL. I would imagine that not many people get their accounts restricted. Why would chris have to send an email out to every user? There is more than one mod/admin right?