The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New SVX owner in Colorado! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15359)

Javelinman 01-02-2004 10:28 AM

New SVX owner in Colorado!

Hello everyone!
I recently (Yesterday) Got an SVX..
Here is what I know about the car. 92 SVX Black with Black leather. It had the trans replaced at 100,000 miles it know has 138,000 on it. it also had a trans cooler put on it to help with cooling. The guy that sold it to me gave me a list of things that he has done to it in the past year..
I really don't know much about SVX's other then they had Transmission problems and the brakes did last very long is this true?
I would really like to talk with some of the SVX owners here in Colorado about who here will work on this car if I have problems.

I was told by another SVX owner that I shouldn't get one! Why would he tell me that? Is there something I should know ?

Javelinman

Seraph 01-02-2004 10:29 AM

congratulations!

~*~JenSVX~*~ 01-02-2004 10:56 AM

Hey welcome to the site.... Congratulations on your new purchase, but if I may ask where did you get your "Javelinman" name from?... just curious...

Jen:)

ensteele 01-02-2004 11:03 AM

Welcome to the site Javelinman. The reason the SVX owner told you not to buy it was that he wanted to buy it. If you didn't, he could. :D

There is a search feature on the site that allows you to find topics of interest that have been discussed in the past. That would be a good way to get some of your questions answered. If you still don't understand something, just ask here. That way you don't have to wait for a reply.

As far as brakes go, I think he was meaning rotors. The original rotors would warp if you stopped quickly from a high speed or even lower speeds. After market rotors with slots or cross drilled, or dimple drilled will perform much better.

The cooler for the transmission is a good thing to have. I would also add a filter to that line if there is not one there.

Congratulations on your new car. We are here to help you, and if you have questions, let us know. :)

Javelinman 01-02-2004 11:37 AM

My friends Call me the JAVELINMAN Because I restore Old Muscle Cars! And I have two 1970 American Motors Javelins
Here are some pictures!

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/AJavelinman/Slide10.jpg
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/AJavelinman/MVC-015F.JPG

Thank you all very much! I sure hope that the SVX will be a good car for me...

Javelinman

~*~JenSVX~*~ 01-02-2004 06:46 PM

Oh that what I was hoping it was the car rather than the name coming from the sport in track and field:D... lol.. My boyfriend larry(a former svx owner himself) has a 68 Javelin:
There are pics in my locker of the Javelin and his SVX
He is also on the amc forum his name is JavelinSST343... He says that the orange jav is "The Crush". His engine is getting rebuilt as we speak. Good luck with the SVX!!

Jen:)

JLittell 01-02-2004 10:28 PM

Yep Another Colorado owner! Congrats J-Man! We locals try to get together a few times a year! I'l add you to my "Colorado List" as it is becoming increasingly populated! Good to have you aboard!

Zeppelin 01-03-2004 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
Yep Another Colorado owner! Congrats J-Man! We locals try to get together a few times a year! I'l add you to my "Colorado List" as it is becoming increasingly populated! Good to have you aboard!
Speaking of getting together, we're having a bbq meet Jan 31st at my house.. If you're interested, let me know! I'll be getting ahold of everybody soon to get some directions together for you!

Javelinman 01-03-2004 01:10 PM

JenSVX, YEA The CRUSH is my Car!!! And the other car is my Mark Donohue Javelin... The crush is 616Hp And I have more money it it then I will ever admit to!
i was driving a 1999 Jeep as My daily driver but my Wife lost her Job so I need some money and the jeep had to go!!! So Up pops this SVX and I have myself a new car that I"M IN LOVE WITH!
Man is this SVX NICE! Tell your Boy friend HI for me! i still hang out in the AMC FORUM a lot Just this time of year I'm not working on my AMC's So I don't spend much time on the forum..

I would love to here about some of the SVX here in colorado! Colors, Years! Who owns them!!!
THis is My fist ever foreign Car so I have a lot to learn.

Javelinman

shelfy 01-03-2004 06:33 PM

welcome javelin!

i have two SVXs; their stats are listed in my signature. i believe that i am the active member in this forum with the lowest mileage SVX. i am planning on bringing them both to zeppelin's bbq.

MNYPNNY 01-03-2004 11:46 PM

Just remember that not all SVX owners in CO are on the front range.
There are several of us over here.
(and a multiple, for now anyway)

~~Michelle