The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What'd everybody pay for new svx? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2674)

JeffN 02-04-2002 05:14 PM

What'd everybody pay for new svx?

Dunno if this has been asked before but I was curious as to what everyone paid for their NEW svx...

1992 in 1993 new LSL with 300 miles-22,500.

svxter 02-04-2002 06:07 PM

I didn't buy mine new, but I do happen to have a copy of the original bill of sale. In March of '96, when she was sold, my '95 L went for 28,100 plus a bit. Don't remember exact numbers off top of my head.

Ron Mummert 02-04-2002 07:46 PM

The real question should be how many members are the original owners of their cars. You & LarryIII are the only ones I know about. Any more?
Ron.

JeffN 02-04-2002 08:03 PM

out of how many members..

Yeah, I assumed that was an included question. I've also bought a 92 pearl with 160k and more than a few classic problems for 1900. and sold it on ebay locally after the svx repair tag reality show debuted. :(

deadeye95 02-04-2002 09:38 PM

Another original owner

Bought my 1994 SVX L (2WD) new in Santa Fe (read Fanta Say). Sticker was 24K with a 2K rebate. Last new one available in the state.

Been uncommonly relaible after 90K miles. Spent $55 on it for "other than oil and tranny fluid" parts in the last 19 months - battery $50 - touch up paint $5.

There are other noises that may eventually cost me more. Hurry up new "Z".....

deadeye95 02-04-2002 09:43 PM

Addendum

Oh yeah, I buy a cheap new battery every years whether it needs it or not. Don't want to be stuck in the mountains here with a vehicle you can't push start.

ravi 02-04-2002 10:05 PM

there we go again.:D . Everybody started talking about them and forgot the real question. here is question again " HOW MUCH YOU GUYS WOULD PAY NOW FOR A NEW SVX ?"

Seraph 02-04-2002 11:44 PM

In order for me to get a new SVX (from my understanding, 200X model),
a. it has to be in the same design as in :
same windows, same shape, same or better interior -- with a nicer cup holder
b. it has to have a better tranny
c. it has to have a choice between auto/tiptronic(sp?)/5spd/6spd
d. it has to have equal or higher hp
e. it has to have an option of HIDs in the lamps
f. same or better drag coeffs (in another word, no WRX retagged as SVX)

I would pay up to 40k or so for those -- if I have the money...

I could only wish

Lwin

LarryIII 02-05-2002 06:21 AM

I just posted the following message on the Yahoo SVX Club site or as Randy refers to it "Over There".
==============================================
Adam,

My brand new (268 miles on it) '97 SVX LSi cost $26,000 at a dealer. Another 10% for Delaware taxes $2600. Add in $60 for the vanity plae which reads "SUBYDOO". That's a grand total of $28660.
Not bad for a car with tis level of performance, luxury and style. Go out and price a Porsche boxter, Mercedes or Lexus sport cars. H*ll you cant even get a new Vette under $30,000.

Larry III
==============================================
PS: The car was driven from a dealership in MD to my favorite dealership in Newtown Square, PA (suburban Philly). That could account for about half of the original milage.
PPS: BTW My favorite dealership (Rafferty Subaru) has a green '97 LSi with beige interior for sale. I have not seen it yet.

JeffN 02-05-2002 08:07 AM

warranty queen

We've had the most warranty work in Sube history but now it's sorted out like it should have been. 2nd Sube rebuilt trans, 3 PS pumps, 2 seta of rotors, windows/motors done, creaky windsheild resealed twice, new tailights, 2 valves jobs (for the occaisional "miss" on startup), NO bearings yet(!), blown speaker, AND all under sube warranty. The SE Sube rep even drove the car and said to do whatever it needed.

So it's hard for me to seek another used svx because I'd never know what's been done and what still needs doing. At least mine's been covered by Sube courtesy warranty extensions. Although I do long for a nice LOW mile green Lsi...

Anyone else had extensive warranty work?

Aredubjay 02-05-2002 08:25 AM

Re: warranty queen

Quote:

Originally posted by JeffN
We've had the most warranty work in Sube history but now it's sorted out like it should have been. 2nd Sube rebuilt trans, 3 PS pumps, 2 seta of rotors, windows/motors done, creaky windsheild resealed twice, new tailights, 2 valves jobs (for the occaisional "miss" on startup), NO bearings yet(!), blown speaker, AND all under sube warranty. The SE Sube rep even drove the car and said to do whatever it needed.

So it's hard for me to seek another used svx because I'd never know what's been done and what still needs doing. At least mine's been covered by Sube courtesy warranty extensions. Although I do long for a nice LOW mile green Lsi...

Anyone else had extensive warranty work?

I'm interested to know what they did to "reseal" the creaky windshield. Considering the "creaky windshield" was covered in a TSB and did not involve resealing at all, but the addition of felt pads to the dashboard where it meets the windsheld and body. If they didn't do that, then, they'll be "re-re-resealing. :D

LarryIII 02-05-2002 08:52 AM

Jeff,

My '97 LSi has almost 43,000 on it. They replaced the driver's side door window pads because of sqeaking and I insisted on it before the pads scratched the window. That's the only warranty work done. I baby the car. I use Mobil 1 and have Red Line Hi-Temp ATF in the tranny.

My '97 Outback wagon has had more warranty work. They replaced the driver's outside mirror when it cracked after turning on it's heater. And they replaced the radio when the radio dial lights (LCD) went out. Also, there have been many recalls on the '97 OB. H*ll they even gave me a new alternator for free under recall and the old one never gave me any trouble.

I got lucky I guess. Maybe I got a "Wednesday Car".

Larry III

JeffN 02-05-2002 10:00 AM

Should change name to Lucky larryIII.

Rdub, They did the dask creak but our windsheild AND rear window was making a noise like it wasn't glued in in certain weather only. Both are solved after 2 tries. MAybe mine was a sake sunday car...

28k for a 97, nice deal. The last new one I saw they wanted 31k so I said ta ta 4 now...