The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   favorite music (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22261)

Peach 10-27-2004 04:45 PM

favorite music

Because my son thinks Zaak Wylde is the coolest of the cool, and because I'm not that old "yet" I thought it would be interesting to see who listens to who. Personally older Pink Floyd or the newer Pretenders works for me..how about you?

Landshark 10-27-2004 04:48 PM

Zakk Wylde is pretty cool - he'd probably like Shadow's Fall if he doesn't already. :D

SubaSteevo 10-27-2004 05:48 PM

Lately I've been listening a lot to Senses Fail and My Chemical Romance

Two bands I'd be surprised if any of you over 25 have ever heard of.

Landshark 10-27-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

i know some local bands that you've probably never heard of.

SubaSteevo 10-27-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

i know some local bands that you've probably never heard of.

The two bands I named aren't local bands. Actually, My Chemical Romance was named #1 on Rolling Stone's 10 Artists to watch in October's issue. You might actually like them, check em out.

Subafreak 10-27-2004 06:47 PM

Quote:

Damn! I must be getting old.:(

Anyone listen to "Southern Comfort on the Skids"? Some crazy stuff my freind turned me onto.

Usually I'm pretty safe just saying Type -O Neg, White/ Rob Zombie, Manson and everything else that sounds like that.

shelfy 10-27-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

:( i am old.

all i can say is i like the names. :)

shelfy 10-27-2004 07:08 PM

recently, i've been listening a lot to one of my favourite bands from my college days since i recently saw them in concert:

the pixies

:cool:

rob_4187 10-27-2004 07:45 PM

I'm with subafreak...who actually resembles Rob Zombie quite a bit.

lee 10-27-2004 08:10 PM

I'm definitely in the oldies camp - by age anyway - any my listening style has mellowed over the years.

I think my all time favorite CDs are Dire Straights Brothers in Arms, The Doors LA Woman, and Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon.

Two slightly more recent CDs I play a lot are Alanis Morisette's So Called Chaos, and Sarah MacLachlan's Mirrorball.

The most memorable live performances I've seen include concerts by Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa & the Mother's of Invention, Carlos Santana, and John MacLachlan.

shelfy 10-27-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lee
Two slightly more recent CDs I play a lot are Alanis Morisette's So Called Chaos, and Sarah MacLachlan's Mirrorball.
holy schnikeys! i listened to both of these CDs today! :D

Alycone 10-27-2004 11:14 PM

Lately I've been listening to Paradise Lost, Helloween, Seraphim Shock, Amorphis, Beseech, Chemlab, Disturbed, HIM, Rammstein, Samael, Type O Neg.

:)

shelfy 10-27-2004 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone
Lately I've been listening to Paradise Lost, Helloween, Seraphim Shock, Amorphis, Beseech, Chemlab, Disturbed, HIM, Rammstein, Samael, Type O Neg.

:)

again i am feeling old. :(

Alycone 10-27-2004 11:39 PM

Dont worry shelf, my list isnt new (my taste hasnt changed in 10yrs, so a lot of my CDs are old), just some of em are obscure.

I feel old listening to people talk about current music too. :rolleyes:

Alycone 10-27-2004 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
Usually I'm pretty safe just saying Type -O Neg, White/ Rob Zombie, Manson and everything else that sounds like that.

Cool, someone with compatible taste (my passengers usually grumble about my choice of music). :)