The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Holy Cow! Major Record (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1324)

Aredubjay 08-27-2001 04:08 PM

Holy Cow! Major Record

Did anyone notice the "most" number in today's "most number online" thingy?!?!?!? Forty-Frickin-Three! And, I thought we'd be hard pressed to beat the previous 12 record. Not to mention, this is the 13,000th post! I think this little "club" is going to be successful --- also, just 6 members away from the big 300!

Mr. Pockets 08-27-2001 04:29 PM

Re: Holy Cow! Major Record

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Did anyone notice the "most" number in today's "most number online" thingy?!?!?!? Forty-Frickin-Three! And, I thought we'd be hard pressed to beat the previous 12 record. Not to mention, this is the 1,3000th post! I think this little "club" is going to be successful --- also, just 6 members away from the big 300!
Gimme a break. 1,300 posts is hardly something to yell about from the rooftops. Cripes, get a bunch of zealots together and they'll talk crazy all friggin' day.

And I'd like to hear your definition of 'success.' If it reads something like 'has wasted at least an hour per day of every member's time,' then you and I would be in agreement.

43 members online at once? Whoop-de-do. Again, get crazy people talking crazy to eachother and anomalous statistics are bound to pop up.

Jeez...everyone on this board needs to get a life.

For some reason, I felt like being a party-pooper. I don't know why. Some of you know I'm just as crazy about this car as anyone else on this site...

Really, I'm glad this site has worked out. I hope it continues to be hosted, I hope our membership continues to grow, and I look forward to meeting a lot of you in 2002 at the 10th Anniversary Meet (and two more of you at AutoFest). I really, really dig having our own home online instead of relying on Yahoo! or someone else.

sith 08-27-2001 04:59 PM

Methinks he misplaced the comma and meant 13,000 ... unless Aredub was just talking about his personal post count? :)

Aredubjay 08-27-2001 05:42 PM

Re: Re: Holy Cow! Major Record

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Gimme a break. 1,300 posts is hardly something to yell about from the rooftops. Cripes, get a bunch of zealots together and they'll talk crazy all friggin' day.

And I'd like to hear your definition of 'success.' If it reads something like 'has wasted at least an hour per day of every member's time,' then you and I would be in agreement.

43 members online at once? Whoop-de-do. Again, get crazy people talking crazy to eachother and anomalous statistics are bound to pop up.

Jeez...everyone on this board needs to get a life.

For some reason, I felt like being a party-pooper. I don't know why. Some of you know I'm just as crazy about this car as anyone else on this site...

Really, I'm glad this site has worked out. I hope it continues to be hosted, I hope our membership continues to grow, and I look forward to meeting a lot of you in 2002 at the 10th Anniversary Meet (and two more of you at AutoFest). I really, really dig having our own home online instead of relying on Yahoo! or someone else.

Phew! I'm glad the tone changed in the middle, there. I was getting worried. I mean, just because you lost your o-ring for your venturi . . . :D

I'm getting pumped about Autofest!!!!! It'll be good to see you again.

Aredubjay 08-27-2001 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sith
Methinks he misplaced the comma and meant 13,000 ... unless Aredub was just talking about his personal post count? :)
You are correct, sir! Haw, haw, haw (my best ed MacMahon :) )

I was so excited, i almost became comma-tose. :D

sith 08-27-2001 06:16 PM

hoo-boy that was a bad joke... hehe

SVXphile 08-27-2001 07:47 PM

Pun ctuation

<I was so excited, i almost became comma-tose>

Very good!....Periodically :rolleyes:,the man lets us see glimpses of that razor-sharp mind in action. Now if we could just get Bill to quit the hermit life and post a few witty come- backs......;) Don

Ron Mummert 08-27-2001 09:10 PM

Re: Pun ctuation

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile

Very good!....Periodically :rolleyes:,the man lets us see glimpses of that razor-sharp mind in action. Now if we could just get Bill to quit the hermit life and post a few witty come- backs......;) Don

To tilda truth, hyphen too busy to dash off any
umlautish comments lately. Carry on, Don. Ron

Aredubjay 08-27-2001 09:43 PM

Re: Re: Pun ctuation

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

To Don Ron Ron Ron, To Don Ron Ron. :D

cocacola08 08-28-2001 07:16 AM

Just for you Randy,

"This is the thread that never ends......"

svxter 08-28-2001 10:59 AM

Quote:

You are correct, sir! Haw, haw, haw (my best ed MacMahon :) )

I was so excited, i almost became comma-tose. :D

Just so long as it doesn't result in an impacted colon. :)

svxter 08-28-2001 11:01 AM

Re: Pun ctuation

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile

Well, I'll have to hone up on a few cutting-edge puns. This might just whet my appetite for it.

Aredubjay 08-28-2001 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter

Just so long as it doesn't result in an impacted colon. :)

I'll take the impacted colon, as long as I don't miss a period. :rolleyes:

svxter 08-28-2001 11:02 AM

Re: Re: Pun ctuation

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Very good. You win the punctuation pun prize, period.

svxter 08-28-2001 11:05 AM

Quote:

I'll take the impacted colon, as long as I don't miss a period. :rolleyes:

If you do, dash off to your doctor immediately. :p