The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Computer Hell..... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42374)

Wikedjuggalo 12-16-2007 05:41 PM

Computer Hell.....

O.k so great weekend I got a new radiator fan ordered :P but something else has to strike.

The computer I spend 1200 on to build myself no less then 3 months old craps out on me today. It kept crashing to blue screen of death. I am so mad. I tested the hard drive, the memory, and the video card. The only thing left is the motherboard crapped on me. Its a Foxconn and a nice one. I have to call them tomorrow.

The code I keep getting is 0x0000007e ( 0xC0000005 , 0x8052AEBE and cant remember the rest). Windows will not load just gives that error. If I cant figure this out this might happen.

http://www.homelessamerican.com/0524...uter_smash.jpg

/rant

Crazy_pilot 12-16-2007 05:46 PM

Ouch, I feel your pain. The last computer I bought in store waited until the week after it's warranty expired, then ate it's motherboard.

I used it as an excuse to upgrade.

Tim 12-16-2007 05:47 PM

I would try flashing the Bios to a newer revision. the 7E bluescreen is very vague, as it can range from something as a video driver being corrupted, flaky BIOS or software corruption too.

My neighbor just had the 7e stop blue screen from a bad virus infection. It blue screened in safemode after reaching the desktop both in regular mode and safe mode. I ran a repair on his windows installation and it still the same. The only way we got it to work was after formatting it. That was the only way to get it to run stable again.

Does your machine run in safemode? If it does i'd try updating all of your hardware drivers, including videocard, motherboard chipset, soundcard, network card etc...

Wikedjuggalo 12-16-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 515777)
I would try flashing the Bios to a newer revision. the 7E bluescreen is very vague, as it can range from something as a video driver being corrupted, flaky BIOS or software corruption too.

My neighbor just had the 7e stop blue screen from a bad virus infection. It blue screened in safemode after reaching the desktop both in regular mode and safe mode. I ran a repair on his windows installation and it still the same. The only way we got it to work was after formatting it. That was the only way to get it to run stable again.

Does your machine run in safemode? If it does i'd try updating all of your hardware drivers, including videocard, motherboard chipset, soundcard, network card etc...

No it does not at soon as it goes to load Windows it goes to blue screen. I can not get into the Windows >.<. I am going to have to call Foxconn I guess because I spent all day, 12+ hours trouble shooting everything. Memory Test, Hard drive wipe and reinstall x3 of windows, and changing Video cards. I will try updating the BIOS if available.

crazyhorse 12-16-2007 06:02 PM

Take the machine down to it's bare essentials....the drive, mobo, and video. In the BIOS disable everything NOT related to those. NOW try to boot the machine. If it boots, start enabling things one at a time, until it fails to boot. NOW you know where the problem lies. Disable it, update the driver, then enable it again.

Wikedjuggalo 12-16-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 515780)
Take the machine down to it's bare essentials....the drive, mobo, and video. In the BIOS disable everything NOT related to those. NOW try to boot the machine. If it boots, start enabling things one at a time, until it fails to boot. NOW you know where the problem lies. Disable it, update the driver, then enable it again.

I did that :( Nothing enabled it to run. Why I suspect the MoBO is failing or flashing it might work but idk.

Tim 12-16-2007 06:28 PM

Sounds like it could be a bad mobo. The very last thing I would try is a spare power supply, since PC's can act very odd when being fed bad power.

crazyhorse 12-16-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 515787)
Sounds like it could be a bad mobo. The very last thing I would try is a spare power supply, since PC's can act very odd when being fed bad power.

+1
Mine eats at least 1 PSU a year.

SomethingElse 12-16-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 515788)
+1
Mine eats at least 1 PSU a year.

striking:ninja: you may want to invest in a high quality UPS.

crazyhorse 12-16-2007 07:00 PM

I have a good UPS :)
And I only use Antec PSU's
Nobody can tell me why the 5v dies.

Turbone 12-16-2007 07:04 PM

Do you have a install disc for the HD? You should be able to use it to check the partitions on the HD. I would look into that and a reflash of the BIOS.
If all else fails use the method in your pic above ^^^

Tim 12-16-2007 07:04 PM

How old are the fans in your system? How humid is your house too? That is quite odd that you go through so many power supplies.

crazyhorse 12-16-2007 07:19 PM

I know it's odd, I usually keep a spare though. I also keep it spotless inside. I've just learned to live with it. The fans are all 12v, and it's been doing it since the system was new. Every component has changed since then, except the mobo. I built it 4 years ago.

Speedklix 12-16-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 515799)
I have a good UPS :)
And I only use Antec PSU's
Nobody can tell me why the 5v dies.

yeah me too... it seams to be the monitor that kills it.
every now and then it takes the gfx card too.... I just can't bring myself to toss it though :rolleyes: i've got 2-2.5 years on that system since snaping one of those magnetic suppressor deals on the cord. I had a spare from a printer and just gave it a shot.

Speedklix 12-16-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 515775)
The computer I spend 1200 on to build myself no less then 3 months old craps out on me today.

if you disconnect the HD do you get the can't find an OS sort of messege?

if you can, then reconnect, setup the board to boot from CD and do a repair install for your os. i can't remember if this overwrites your personal documents or not, but I don't believe it does.