The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Southeast Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Headcount for the Dragon Meet (June 1st - 5th) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26249)

GreenMarine 05-17-2005 12:37 PM

Headcount for the Dragon Meet (June 1st - 5th)

Just as the title says.... Who all is going :):)

GreenMarine 05-17-2005 12:40 PM

I'm gonna be there :):) Just voted :D

Hocrest 05-17-2005 12:52 PM

Me and Subbyru89 will be there with the XT6 group again. Although we may be taking my SVX???

immortal_suby 05-17-2005 04:26 PM

I'm working on it :D
Might drop in for a night and crash a campground.

awdsvxh6 05-17-2005 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
I'm working on it :D
Might drop in for a night and crash a campground.

might do the same just dont know what i would drive up there.

Rd96SVX 05-17-2005 11:13 PM

little trouble, but I can fix it

WELL, in the process of changing the PCV valve, I discovered the a few of my vacuum hoses were cracked and/or broken completely.... so, I'm pulled off the upper manifold to replace all the hose lines, and I'll be replacing a "t" fitting that the pcv valve and something else connects to, because i busted it pulling the manifold, YAY... but the good news is I was getting a cylinder miss code from the ECU, but that COULD be the vacuum hoses issue. I'm hoping to have this all back together within the week depending on if the parts I need are readily available. cross your fingers

ALL THIS FOR A DAMNED PCV VALVE, wth would they have put that there..wtf, I am seriously thinking about slapping the next japanese person I come across

I WILL BE THERE

GreenMarine 05-18-2005 06:54 AM

Good to hear :):) I'm sure you'll get all those Vaccume hoses worked out in time... 2 weeks left... No pressure :D:D:D

awdsvxh6 05-18-2005 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rd96SVX
WELL, in the process of changing the PCV valve, I discovered the a few of my vacuum hoses were cracked and/or broken completely.... so, I'm pulled off the upper manifold to replace all the hose lines, and I'll be replacing a "t" fitting that the pcv valve and something else connects to, because i busted it pulling the manifold, YAY... but the good news is I was getting a cylinder miss code from the ECU, but that COULD be the vacuum hoses issue. I'm hoping to have this all back together within the week depending on if the parts I need are readily available. cross your fingers

ALL THIS FOR A DAMNED PCV VALVE, wth would they have put that there..wtf, I am seriously thinking about slapping the next japanese person I come across

I WILL BE THERE

sounds like what i did i have replaced over $3000 in parts and now im down to the timing.

huck369 05-18-2005 09:48 AM

I'm There....in my XT6

huck369 05-18-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

I WILL BE THERE

Alex,
I just made a wrench to get to that PCV valve from the top, wish I had known you needed it...

awdsvxh6 05-18-2005 10:54 AM

MY TIMING WAS OFF!!!! my dad is gonna adjust it when he gets home then we are gonne test drive the hell out of it and see how she does. after that then if i get the days off im going to NC!!!

Rd96SVX 05-18-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
Alex,
I just made a wrench to get to that PCV valve from the top, wish I had known you needed it...

Hey huck, I didn't have too much trouble getting at it with a 19mm crows foot, and i have tiny little hands so i was able to get the new valve threaded and the hose back on it, I was finished with the process when I started looking around in the hole in the top of the manifold... I had noticed some leaves and such in there. and thats when i saw a bunch of the vacuum hoses going nowhere... hmm, my conclusion so far has been the hoses were baked, and that some damn little critter got in there and chewed em up(see the mention about a bunch of leaves...well i also found a stockpile of acorns once I got the manifold off.. my guess is either a very small squirrel, or a mouse) just my luck... a varmint 1/10,000th the size of my car did it in.... ughhhhh

huck369 05-18-2005 11:24 AM

Quote:

Hey huck, I didn't have too much trouble getting at it with a 19mm crows foot, and i have tiny little hands so i was able to get the new valve threaded and the hose back on it, I was finished with the process when I started looking around in the hole in the top of the manifold... I had noticed some leaves and such in there. and thats when i saw a bunch of the vacuum hoses going nowhere... hmm, my conclusion so far has been the hoses were baked, and that some damn little critter got in there and chewed em up(see the mention about a bunch of leaves...well i also found a stockpile of acorns once I got the manifold off.. my guess is either a very small squirrel, or a mouse) just my luck... a varmint 1/10,000th the size of my car did it in.... ughhhhh

Yep..them thar critters can reek havoc on a car....

(said in my best Kentucky accent ) :D

awdsvxh6 05-18-2005 03:32 PM

Quote:

u should try and getting your hands down there and changing the egr valve. i was litteraly standing on my engine to get my hand down there to where it wasn't hurting

GreenMarine 05-18-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awdsvxh6
u should try and getting your hands down there and changing the egr valve. i was litteraly standing on my engine to get my hand down there to where it wasn't hurting

I remember that.... That really sucked.... Times like that ya have to wonder if it is actually easier to just drop the whole engine down and out of the car to do work like that... :rolleyes:... :)