The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trip to the Dealer... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18944)

Uncamitzi 05-28-2004 08:51 AM

Trip to the Dealer...

Well... It seems that the meet monster is rearing it's ugly head here in happy valley...

My speed-o-meter quit working a couple of months back. After replacing the speed sensors that I could get to externaly and having no change... I had just lived with the check engine light coming on every once in a while, after I had made sure that it was only speed sensor related. I got a power flashing code too, that that reinforced the idea that it was just the internal working of the speed-o-meter that had failed. During the winter I had also noticed that my rearend was engaging intermitantly and torque steer had started to develop off the starting line...

As most of you know if the speed-o-meter isn't working neither is your cruise-control. So because I didn't relish driving across the desert with my foot on the gas, I decided to bite the bullit and take the car to the dealer that has treated me the best since I've been back here in Salt Lake. Mark Miller Subaru. I left the car yesterday after talking with the "service adviser" (I really hate that title), and discussing a couple of possiblities on the rearend and the speed-0-meter.
I will be learning today what the verdict is.... I'll share:rolleyes:

ensteele 05-28-2004 02:57 PM

"service adviser"

Where were you again? The last time I heard someone called that was at a house of ...... oh, never mind. ;)

Alycone 05-28-2004 06:08 PM

:eek:

MNYPNNY 05-28-2004 09:54 PM

I'm the jinx...............................

:(

Uncamitzi 05-28-2004 10:29 PM

no no... Earl..

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
"service adviser"

Where were you again? The last time I heard someone called that was at a house of ...... oh, never mind. ;)

That's "Service Provider" !! And I felt much better when I left there than when I left the dealer... although it's still called the same thing... ;)

Uncamitzi 05-30-2004 10:40 PM

Ugh!

I don't think I'm going to make it through the weekend without my SVX!
I've spent almost 900 dollars upgrading my computer...

New screen, new box, New mother board and processor....(now I'm running a P4... at 2.4 gig)

Seraph 05-31-2004 01:12 AM

Re: Ugh!

Quote:

Originally posted by Uncamitzi
I don't think I'm going to make it through the weekend without my SVX!
I've spent almost 900 dollars upgrading my computer...

New screen, new box, New mother board and processor....(now I'm running a P4... at 2.4 gig)

What kind of screen? I hope a LCD

Uncamitzi 06-01-2004 08:26 AM

Nope..

I went with another CRT... the reason? #1 price... #2 reliabilty... I work in the audio visual industry and from what I've read about the lcd screens... I'm going to wait another year or two for the longevity to increase and the price to decrease. The space on my desk is now taken up by two large CRT monitors that are kind of a kick when I run flight sim... (I saw a new video board yesterday that will do three screens (for $660.00) Right now I'm happy with my two 20" CRTs at my home desk.. and happy with the 240.00 I spent for my new Ultra Brite A90f+ Vewsonic... vs. the $550.00 for the lower end 20' screen sitting next to it...

I drive a 15 year old car.... why would I buy a new monitor???;)

Uncamitzi 06-07-2004 04:13 PM

Update...

For all of those who were burning with the question...

Will Mitch get his car back for the RENO meet...

Yes.

I have it back after 2 weeks and 1500.00.... :rolleyes: but it sure feels good...

AWD you can feel!

MNYPNNY 06-07-2004 04:23 PM

Yay for Mitch!!
I'm still waiting......:(

ensteele 06-07-2004 08:21 PM

Yea Mitch! Good to hear it. :)

MNYPNNY 06-07-2004 08:24 PM

Good news is.... mine does not appear to be a bearing problem again.

Bad news is.... not sure what it is yet.... maybe drive shaft (good thing I have a spare from the silver)

Will know more tomorrow.

Chiketkd 06-07-2004 08:26 PM

Re: Update...

$1500?! What parts did they end up replacing on your car? That's a hefty bill... Glad you're able to make Reno! :)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncamitzi
I have it back after 2 weeks and 1500.00.... :rolleyes:

Uncamitzi 06-08-2004 08:23 AM

Re: Re: Update...

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
$1500?! What parts did they end up replacing on your car? That's a hefty bill... Glad you're able to make Reno! :)

-Chike

I'll itemize it later... I know that I paid more for labor than parts. I just don't have a place to do the work. I live in an apartment and the Pearlie is parked at the only place where I could stash the car while I work on it. I went for a short drive last night..(100miles) just to re-introduce myself. :)

I had a couple of bad gears and a bad transfer solinoid and for whatever reason there was a medium vibration when the car was stopped and in gear. That's gone now!! the speed-0-meter works now and I can set cruise control (need that for the trip to RENO!!)

Michele. I'm sorry I haven't called you. I have been turning off my cell phone after work so I don't get called. I'll make it up....