The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reading,PA meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9878)

fait_svx 04-08-2003 02:53 PM

Reading,PA meet

Why is the meet held there? I know most of you in this forum are New Englanders but I think next years meet should be held in Chicago. I've never been to PA but I think there'd be much more to do here in Chicago. Plus, it'd be a closer drive for the people who live in Canada Colorodo California Texas. We could all go to a Cubs game then after that we could go to a bar or something or maybe the Sears Tower. What do you guys think?

RSVX 04-08-2003 02:57 PM

you had better put on your flame suit :p

Seraph 04-08-2003 03:04 PM

There is a midwest meet as well. There is a history to why it is at reading (I think). Someone else can answer that.

As for the midwest meet, this should be the third (if not second) meet. Normally held in Rockford.

Chicago is nice but too crowded. With that many cars around, parking will be hell.

L

Aredubjay 04-08-2003 03:06 PM

The Reading meet is a tradition. If you want to arrange a meet in Chicago, go for it.

Reading was the location of the first meet to exceed 20 cars in North America. It was held the first weekend in April, 2000. It has traditionally been held the first weekend in April until this year, when it was moved to the 2nd weekend in April, and will continue to be. It is the SVX world's longest standing traditional meet. It will be held on the 2nd weekend in April, it will be called the Reading Meet (although it was held, until this year, at Morgantown. This year, it's being held in Denver, PA), every year until no one shows up.

So, if you want to attend the famed "Reading" meet, you can place it on your calendar any time, from now until . . . .

BLKSVX92 04-08-2003 04:15 PM

I can start planning for a Midwest II meet this summer, who would be interested, i can almost say positivley that Lwin, and Doug will be there :p Randy, go show up again?

It would be nice to get it going again, we possibly merge the Midwest Meet, with the WI Cookout we have every year also....

Aredubjay 04-08-2003 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLKSVX92
Randy, go show up again?

I'd love to. Will depend upon when.

Seraph 04-08-2003 04:25 PM

I'll help you get the MWM going if you need help.

L

BLKSVX92 04-08-2003 04:33 PM

That would be great Lwin, with finals coming up...and not seeing my svx for the last 3 months...im kinda stressed, also im still hoping to make it to reading

randy..give me some dates that are good for you

Seraph 04-08-2003 04:35 PM

Quote:

That would be great Lwin, with finals coming up...and not seeing my svx for the last 3 months...im kinda stressed, also im still hoping to make it to reading

Once I get dates from Randy, I will start the process. Also need to talk to colin as well.

L

Aredubjay 04-08-2003 04:35 PM

Quote:

The way things are going, I won't know what dates will be good, til they get here. :rolleyes:

BLKSVX92 04-08-2003 04:41 PM

hmm sounds good..keep me posted then, i just started a thread in the upcoming meet section

Midwest Meet II