The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I quit my job. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14251)

Green1995SVX 11-06-2003 04:55 PM

I quit my job.

I quit my job today. I feel so much better now! Once i run out of money I will not feel as good though. :(

Mike

Mr. Pockets 11-06-2003 05:04 PM

Day-um, Mike. I didn't know that you were having problems there.

Well, I'm glad you feel better - I know what that's like. I had a part time (part time!!!) job in college that gave me facial ticks.

Here's hoping that you find something better - and soon! :)

Green1995SVX 11-06-2003 05:14 PM

I want to add that i quit under good terms. It wasn't really anyones fault or anything. I had different views as to where I wanted my position there to go than managment did. That coupled with the amount of time it was taking away from my school work made it an inevitable decision. Kerven is a very good, honest, and knowledgable dealership. They're highly recommended by me.

Mike

Landshark 11-06-2003 05:20 PM

NOOOOO!!!!! where will i get cheap SVX parts now? :D

i always worked during the summer in college, but not during school. i usually spent all the money i made over the summer in the first month or two, and then i scrounged under couch cushions for change for '25-cent draft night' the rest of the year. :rolleyes:

good luck with school - put your full effort into it. most people don't ever get the chance to do it over (nor would most want to go through another finals week, either!) :)

mikecg 11-06-2003 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
NOOOOO!!!!! where will i get cheap SVX parts now? :D

i always worked during the summer in college, but not during school. i usually spent all the money i made over the summer in the first month or two, and then i scrounged under couch cushions for change for '25-cent draft night' the rest of the year. :rolleyes:

good luck with school - put your full effort into it. most people don't ever get the chance to do it over (nor would most want to go through another finals week, either!) :)

SUBARUPARTSGirl works at a dealership in Maryland (Oddly I dont thing she owns an SVX)

SHISVX 11-06-2003 05:53 PM

i am glad that you quit your job, if it was something you wanted to do. life isn't worth wasting in a job that you hate if you have other options, and you are young, you will find something better ;)

good luck

Kelli

(why don't you be a red hot dancer for the hawaii stripers club?)

Scott 11-06-2003 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
i am glad that you quit your job, if it was something you wanted to do. life isn't worth wasting in a job that you hate if you have other options, and you are young, you will find something better ;)

good luck

Kelli

(why don't you be a red hot dancer for the hawaii stripers club?)

I keep telling my wife that, but she won't let me quit my job. She keeps nagging about paying the mortgage and car payments. I told her I have a tent in the garage.

Chicane 11-06-2003 09:17 PM

I quit my insurance job..... I'll be doing the dental thing full time for a while now. :\

I hated working at Cuna Mutual. Accidental death and dismemberment insurance is REALLY REALLY lame.

- Rob

PS: Mike: Damn it feels good be a gangster. :) "i just don't feel like going anymore"

Green1995SVX 11-06-2003 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane

PS: Mike: Damn it feels good be a gangster. :) "i just don't feel like going anymore"

That's my favorite movie, man...

Mike

Aredubjay 11-06-2003 11:09 PM

Mike, it's good to know you have your priorities in order. Your studies are your "long haul" insurance. If your studies are suffering because you need money to eat and stuff, then, you just got to give up food. :D Just kidding. I know it was one of those good thing/bad thing decisions, but, your investment in your studies now will pay off later.

NomadTW 11-07-2003 12:28 AM

i gotta find a new job and quit my current job

i might go back to the banking world...cant believe i'm saying that

but a lot of the banks around here pay 9+ bux an hr and i could deal w/ the crap that comes w/ it for that kind of money

CigarJohnny 11-07-2003 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

That's my favorite movie, man...

Mike

Me too! Good luck in school. Something better will come along.

Hey Mike.........watch out for your corn hole, bud.

Andy 11-07-2003 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NomadTW
i gotta find a new job and quit my current job

i might go back to the banking world...cant believe i'm saying that

but a lot of the banks around here pay 9+ bux an hr and i could deal w/ the crap that comes w/ it for that kind of money

Is that real? I can't believe that the banks pay that. What grade experience do you have?

calmone 11-09-2003 10:19 AM

i don't have a job, i'm a lawyer. everyone knows they don't really work.

ensteele 11-09-2003 01:43 PM

Mike

Good for you. Keep your priorities in order. Now you can spend more time here. :D