The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How much is my 4EAT worth? Putting in 5 speed MT (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23015)

rmjjensen 12-03-2004 09:01 AM

How much is my 4EAT worth? Putting in 5 speed MT

Okay so I'd like to finally convert my SVX to a 5 speed and am I hoping I can get it done by february, which I don't think will be a problem. But I have some questions.

The 4EAT shifts buttery smooth and I've never had any problems with it. My svx now has about 62,500 miles on it and has had a ATF cooler on it since the beginning, and I added an external filter kit at about 50k. When I remove it - how much do you think I can get for it? If someone wants it you can drive my SVX right now to see that there's no issues.

I'm hoping by selling the 4EAT I can recoup some of the costs of the 5speed and such.

anyone want it?

benebob 12-03-2004 10:03 AM

$50. The check is already in the mail.:D :D :D

Seriously, could be anywhere from $200 to $800 or so depending on how much someone is willing to pay. Personally I wouldn't pay much more than $200-300 or so for something used with no warrantee but that is just me.

immortal_suby 12-03-2004 05:01 PM

I bought a 30k mile rebuilt 4eat for around $900 a few years ago. I sold a used 4eat with a good diff and slipping high clutch to Harry last week for a case of Fosters. :D

thundering02 12-03-2004 05:13 PM

How much? By Febuary thats worth a road trip.

rmjjensen 12-03-2004 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thundering02
How much? By Febuary thats worth a road trip.
I have no clue - I guess I'm trying to figure out how much it might be worth. But I'm pretty sure that it's not on it's way out anytime soon. I just really want a manual transmission .......it's just so much more fun to drive - I can't imagine driving a MT SVX.

It's taken me to and from FL from NJ and I've changed the fluid twice since I've had it (for 15k miles). Both times the fluid was perfect coming out ...no discoloration, no smell.

Chiketkd 12-03-2004 07:50 PM

For a good used 4EAT, I'd say between $500-$750.

-Chike

Earthworm 12-10-2004 04:13 PM

I would just wait until something happens to your tranny. In that time save your money.

The problem is nobody knows how much life is left in your tranny.

Imagine selling your tranny to someone, they install it and it fails within 1000 miles. Now they want their money back as well as reimbursement for the time spent installing your tranny. :)

rmjjensen 12-10-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
I would just wait until something happens to your tranny. In that time save your money.

The problem is nobody knows how much life is left in your tranny.

Imagine selling your tranny to someone, they install it and it fails within 1000 miles. Now they want their money back as well as reimbursement for the time spent installing your tranny. :)

Yeah, I'd be pissed if it happened to me. I just see no signs of it dieing ...kinda wish it would, but wouldn't at the same time.