The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   "I'm back" ....Reunion, Summer Drive???? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64150)

Shadabob 12-26-2016 08:06 AM

"I'm back" ....Reunion, Summer Drive????

Hi guys! Its been WAY to long. I've been talking with Troy and Mark about working a "reunion" of sorts hopefully this summer. Is anyone still around? I just recently got in touch with Le too! and he would look forward to it.

For those that where around in the "days of yore," Mark and I put together the Gorge, Mt. Hood, and Mt. St Helens (both fog and no fog edition) drives that were all alot of fun for us SW WA guys, and we always loved doing the Seattle drives Troy was famous for. And the idea of a get together sounds like something that is way, way, way past due...

I've also just discovered a pretty active group of guys on FB called SVX nation and talked to one of the members there who is also trying to get a PDX area drive this summer together.

....sadly I dont have my SVX anymore, BUT i am rocking a 89 XT6 these days I picked up as a project :bash:

So we don't have any details, but I've had some ideas that date back to the days we were doing drives and gatherings regularly....so if you guys are interested in a reunion (and anyone new is VERY WELCOME) chime in!

Thanks!!!

NapaBavarian 12-30-2016 07:59 PM

Re: "I'm back" ....Reunion, Summer Drive????

Lots of action on fb, I'm thinking of moving to bend but I'll need a 53' dry van and 3 semi truck car haulers to take most of my stuff...

stiguy 01-03-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian (Post 745523)
Lots of action on fb, I'm thinking of moving to bend but I'll need a 53' dry van and 3 semi truck car haulers to take most of my stuff...

What's your name man? I'm in the Facebook group too

Shadabob 01-04-2017 02:17 PM

IT does seem the FB is the place to be! Though if we have anyone straggling around here... ;)

ensteele 01-06-2017 01:11 AM

There are a few of us that are still around. :)

Shadabob 01-08-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 745561)
There are a few of us that are still around. :)

:p

Well, I will try and post details as the seasons change, and late spring/ early summer approaches. I know Le and Mark...and based on timing, even Troy!, are interested. Maybe something as simple as "redoing" the Mt. St. Helens drive or something. But an opportunity for us to catch up, relive the "good ole days," and see how our beloved SVXs held up....or didnt, lol.

JENKIN 02-12-2017 12:55 PM

I just can't pull the facebook trigger. I'm too unfiltered and would be a pariah in my family if I joined.. I do lurk with my wife's account....

92 SVX 02-12-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKIN (Post 745783)
I just can't pull the facebook trigger. I'm too unfiltered and would be a pariah in my family if I joined.. I do lurk with my wife's account....

it can be difficult to keep the filter.... but I joined facebook for the car groups every one started moving to facebook so I took the leap to keep up...... lol