The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   There is an SVX at a local junkyard. What should I grab? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64915)

Huskymaniac 08-09-2019 03:36 PM

There is an SVX at a local junkyard. What should I grab?

It is a dark teal. I already snagged the front gray floor mats as they seemed in decent condition and offered those up for sale on the parts forum.

I also snagged the climate control unit (wood grain) and both key fobs.

I grabbed both headlights as I may need those for my car. Same with the trunk struts and antenna

The guy who junked it looked like he was trying to do the body work and gave up. He pulled a lot of parts off the car and they are just sitting in there. The rear light bar and both rear corners are in there and I can grab them. Same with the front corners. The air bag and ABS control units are still in there too. So is the speedometer cluster. I also left the rear floor mats as people don't seem to usually need those. The visors are gone. The engine is gone. Anything else I should pull?

SVX_MY_BABY 08-10-2019 01:31 PM

Re: There is an SVX at a local junkyard. What should I grab?

If you have room to store it the wind shield isn't available from Subaru any longer and the seal is also discontinued and might be salvageable if care is taken during the removal. The rear top strut mounts are also no longer available and are known to rust out. ? A/C condenser & evaporator ?, power window & lock controls are prone to failure.

theflystyle 08-11-2019 12:32 PM

Any idea how long it's been in that yard?

Huskymaniac 08-12-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY (Post 751201)
If you have room to store it the wind shield isn't available from Subaru any longer and the seal is also discontinued and might be salvageable if care is taken during the removal. The rear top strut mounts are also no longer available and are known to rust out. ? A/C condenser & evaporator ?, power window & lock controls are prone to failure.

I am pretty sure I can grab the condenser and evaporator. I can't believe I forgot to look at the window controls! I will take a look at the strut mounts.

What about the ABS and Air Bag controllers? Are they worth getting?

Huskymaniac 08-12-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflystyle (Post 751203)
Any idea how long it's been in that yard?

About a week.

Huskymaniac 08-12-2019 05:54 PM

Condenser and evaporator were mutilated. Window master switch was also not in great condition. The only new thing I grabbed were the wiper arms. They seemed in better shape than mine.

Still wondering about the rear floor mats and the ABS and Air Bag controllers.