The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Care Package to Afgan~ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46920)

Wikedjuggalo 11-15-2008 05:00 PM

Care Package to Afgan~

Hey as all of you know one of our fellow Svxer's left us news about deployment along with a mailing address. I would love to send out a package before Christmas containing some reminds of home. But if you would like to add something or contribute let me know! I'm sure it would make their day :D

subi-crosser 11-17-2008 11:31 PM

Re: Care Package to Afgan~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 572480)
Hey as all of you know one of our fellow Svxer's left us news about deployment along with a mailing address. I would love to send out a package before Christmas containing some reminds of home. But if you would like to add something or contribute let me know! I'm sure it would make their day :D

Originally Posted by SVeXy96
Hey guys and gals!
I'm deploying to Afghanistan around Oct 19th or 24th. I'll be over there missing my hubby and my SVX till June or Oct next year if we get extended. Any letters of motivation or whatever would be awesome or you can send care packages I can distribute to other Marines too.

Corporal Amanda Kimbro
CLB-3 MT Company
Unit 44130
FPO AP 96607-4130

Send me pics of your SVX's too or anything cool lol. I'm a truck driver and I'll be doing a lot of 15 day convoys delivering supplies to other base camps. We got some mine rollers for 3 trucks too so hopefully not too many of us get blown up. Anyway gotta go, take care of your friends an families and treasure each day you live free.

linkee!!

OK people, she's THERE!! Lets SHOW the world what we are made ofF!!

I'm IN!! What do you need?

Wikedjuggalo 11-18-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 572666)
Originally Posted by SVeXy96
Hey guys and gals!
I'm deploying to Afghanistan around Oct 19th or 24th. I'll be over there missing my hubby and my SVX till June or Oct next year if we get extended. Any letters of motivation or whatever would be awesome or you can send care packages I can distribute to other Marines too.

Corporal Amanda Kimbro
CLB-3 MT Company
Unit 44130
FPO AP 96607-4130

Send me pics of your SVX's too or anything cool lol. I'm a truck driver and I'll be doing a lot of 15 day convoys delivering supplies to other base camps. We got some mine rollers for 3 trucks too so hopefully not too many of us get blown up. Anyway gotta go, take care of your friends an families and treasure each day you live free.

linkee!!

OK people, she's THERE!! Lets SHOW the world what we are made ofF!!

I'm IN!! What do you need?

I'm not sure what to send but I'm sure anything would be appreciated. Regardless of support on here I will send something out. Just have to come up with stuff to send :confused:
I am sure anything like Toothpaste and things like that would be appreciated =D. Open to suggestions.

subi-crosser 11-18-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 572684)
I'm not sure what to send but I'm sure anything would be appreciated. Regardless of support on here I will send something out. Just have to come up with stuff to send :confused:
I am sure anything like Toothpaste and things like that would be appreciated =D. Open to suggestions.

Hot sauce to cover the taste of MRE's! ( my buddy sent me some from Iraq, they are NASTY!)

ARED 97 11-19-2008 06:32 AM

GREAT IDEA!!!! Rosie and I would like to make a contribution. Post or PM a paypal or snail mail address so we can send it out. Lets show our support from the SVX Network!!!!!:cool:

Wikedjuggalo 11-19-2008 09:43 AM

If anyone else is interested you may reach me on here, I'll attempt to get paypal straight as I have to confirm my account with them before transactions can be done like receiving contributions.

You can if you want send it regular to my address as follows

Nathaniel Robison
3738 Colonial Cove
Hope Mills NC 28348

Anything is welcome as I am going to figure out what exactly they might want. Open to any suggestions but I'd really like to see this go out even if it is a little past Christmas.

I will gladly keep records and show proof of packages and what was bought.

I believe I have paypal setup right. My Paypal address is
wikedjuggalo1001@yahoo.com

Wikedjuggalo 11-19-2008 08:05 PM

First contribution from ARED 97. Thank you kindly for this. I have marked down your amount. Is there anything you want to me to get specifically?

So far with that I have about $50 ( I will add more when I get paid :)). I wont list amount someone contributes unless they want it listed here. I have a list on my computer of amounts.

subi-crosser 11-20-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 572902)
First contribution from ARED 97. Thank you kindly for this. I have marked down your amount. Is there anything you want to me to get specifically?

So far with that I have about $50 ( I will add more when I get paid :)). I wont list amount someone contributes unless they want it listed here. I have a list on my computer of amounts.

I'm in, but don't do any internet money stuff. Look for a box in your snail-mail.

Wikedjuggalo 11-21-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 573018)
I'm in, but don't do any internet money stuff. Look for a box in your snail-mail.

Thank you sir!

I'm not looking for just money folks anything to be sent will be appreciated. Ugh lost my link I will post it when I get home. Items like good books, anything to help fight bordem and also keep their spirits high!

benebob 11-21-2008 07:59 AM

Sorry no $$$ from me, I'm already spending way too much sending stuff to my neighbor in Iraq. Shipping isn't cheap! Good things to send are international phone cards, local newspapers from their hometown, magazines (used are just fine), good local foods that won't spoil.;)

bwb3 11-21-2008 10:31 AM

We're in too. Thanks for organizing this.
Gene

Wikedjuggalo 11-21-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 573063)
We're in too. Thanks for organizing this.
Gene

Thanks for your contribution ! much appreciated !

Wikedjuggalo 11-21-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 573040)
Sorry no $$$ from me, I'm already spending way too much sending stuff to my neighbor in Iraq. Shipping isn't cheap! Good things to send are international phone cards, local newspapers from their hometown, magazines (used are just fine), good local foods that won't spoil.;)

Do you happen to use their flat rate box I believe is $8.50 and regardless of weight just what ya can fit in there?

benebob 11-21-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 573072)
Do you happen to use their flat rate box I believe is $8.50 and regardless of weight just what ya can fit in there?

I don't do the sending I just help pay for it and provide some used mags. I think it costs a good $60 or so for shipping alone each package. Granted they're kinda big so he can share with his enlisted but I seem to remember those flat rate boxes are only for the lower 48.

Wikedjuggalo 11-21-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 573076)
I don't do the sending I just help pay for it and provide some used mags. I think it costs a good $60 or so for shipping alone each package. Granted they're kinda big so he can share with his enlisted but I seem to remember those flat rate boxes are only for the lower 48.

This might help you

And this