The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Top Speed (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35570)

Archer999 10-10-2006 12:32 AM

Top Speed

So, what is the top speed you have gotten your SVX up to?

Mine is about 145 mph. Stock 92 svx ls. It shifted at 110 mph into I beleive 4th gear. I only paid about three grand for this car about 2yrs ago and I feel like I got a great deal. I have only had to do routine maintenance and it allways cranks.

Budfreak 10-10-2006 12:41 AM

IBTL!

Make sure you just don't say anything about where you made this run(if it was public) or anything about racing, and they might let this thread live. The fastest I've heard of is 172 MPH done in Germany I think. I've had mine to 150 MPH with my 4.44s and it was still going.:cool:

Archer999 10-10-2006 12:46 AM

Top Speed

Yeah, mine still felt like it had plenty left. I just didnt want to push the car to hard because it had like 230k miles on it at the time.

SilverSpear 10-10-2006 01:47 AM

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...pear/39066.png

This is the Autobahn Top Speed, but please no more talk about high speed and racing on this forum.

mikecg 10-10-2006 04:55 AM

I hit 120MPH while testing some software on the stage III for LAN. Car was pulling hard still too. Had the power to go faster, but I was running out of RPMs.

RSVX 10-10-2006 05:37 AM

ibtl
ibtl
ibtl
ibtl
ibtl

subymtnguy 10-10-2006 05:58 AM

Careful!...or some super sensitive, nanny moderator will delete or lock this thread because they are "offended".:rolleyes:

BTW: I had mine to 135....one time...somewhere...with more throttle left..;)

IBTL...

Mr. Pockets 10-10-2006 07:26 AM

If I remember correctly, the highest top speed (recorded by something other than the car's speedometer) was Sonar at 164.4mph. That was measured by radar, and was some sort of high-speed event on a closed road.

Honestly, your speedometer could be off by as much as 10%. Above an indicated 100mph, that's a lot. If you're not measuring your speed with GPS, radar or other timing equipment besides the speedometer, you really don't know how fast you were going.

It's not that we have a problem with speed and we don't want to be your nannies (grow up). We all bought the same car - the SVX is fast and very confidence-inspiring at the speeds it can reach. Most of us have put our foot down and hit speeds we'd get arrested for.

What we have a problem with is 'I raced this dude in traffic' or 'I pulled some bonehead move on the freeway' threads. That includes 'I hit 145mph on my way to work today.' I shouldn't have to explain why - it's been discussed many, many times.

I'll tell you what - if you really want to post how fast you've gone, go ahead. I won't stop you - but I also won't believe you, either. :p Please, just don't tell us where or when or how unless it was on a closed course at a sanctioned event. Let's avoid the stupid boy-racer macho posts about being chased by cops and triple backflip jumps over rivers.

andrew.anderson 10-10-2006 07:36 AM

http://www.andersoncollectibles.com/...peedometer.jpg

Modded 05 LGT on Autobahn in Germany. Wife was drivign and taking picture so she had to slow to a manageable speed to take the picture. We will get one around 150 and post it.

dcarrb 10-10-2006 07:49 AM

Top speed, I don't know, but once I drove through Atlanta on I-75 inside the Perimeter on a Sunday and only got passed once or twice. The SVX is plenty quick for me.

An observation: Hot cars don't fool with me; they've got nothing to prove. It's Mister Attitude in the Dodge Ram or Excursion or Hummer that always seems bent on nudging me out of the left lane. I find that... entertaining.

dcb

Ricochet 10-10-2006 08:47 AM

I've only hit 120mph once, other than that I pretty much drive like an old man. It still had plenty left but I didn't want to get in trouble.

Landshark 10-10-2006 09:16 AM

a little over 155 in the 928 and it was still pullin', but i ran out of road. deserted, flat, no side-street, and excellent forward visibility road. as much fun as it was, i never took it up to that speed again.

oh, and doing triple digit speeds on public roads is bad, m'kay, but apparently not nearly as bad as streetracing. ;)

Archer999 10-10-2006 10:19 AM

Top Speed

I did not know this was going to be such a controversial thread.

So, I must say that I do not advise taking your car to these speeds unless you are on a race track or some sort of closed course.

I must say I was very happy the way my car handles at 140-145. My foot was not to the floor and the car was driving great. Felt like it was beggin for more.

Once again these speeds are very dangerous so dont attempt this on public roads, for your safety and those none svx owners out there.

The SVX does have alot of safety features but these speeds are still too fast for public streets.

I just put four new tires on mine and had it balanced out. Man its nice to cruise again.

gest24 10-10-2006 10:47 AM

I don't know where the top speed on my pearl is. I know she cruises the freeway at 85 no worries. When I get her on a track I'll let you guys know.

Earthworm 10-10-2006 11:08 AM

I have reached 155mph/250kph according to the speedometer with the 5MT. With the 4EAT I could only reach 136mph/220kph.