The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My "Power" light flashes....... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30583)

1320boy 01-01-2006 10:24 AM

My "Power" light flashes.......

As soon as i start my car its solid for 2 full seconds then it flashes rapidly for 5 seconds, plus my break light stays on even when my brake is down. Only after 10 min of driving it goes off.:confused:
Has anything like this happend to any one of you guy's:confused:

dannmarr 01-01-2006 10:37 AM

The brake light works for both the emergency brake and the brake fluid. Check the brake fluid. Make sure the under part of the cap is not expanded.

ensteele 01-01-2006 10:47 AM

Count the number of times the Power Light flashes and check the code.

The suggestion above about the brake fluid is correct. After only a few minutes, the fluid heats up and expands which turns the light off. Top it off and it will stay off. :D

1320boy 01-01-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Count the number of times the Power Light flashes and check the code.

The suggestion above about the brake fluid is correct. After only a few minutes, the fluid heats up and expands which turns the light off. Top it off and it will stay off. :D

Ok the brake fluid i'll check but there's a code for the power light???
As a question out of curiosity whats it for???
Very:confused: :confused: :confused:

dannmarr 01-01-2006 11:35 AM

I thought you read the CHECK ENGINE light for a code?

Electrophil 01-01-2006 01:16 PM

If the power light flashes 16 times when you first start the car, doesn't that mean you have a transmission trouble code stored?

ensteele 01-01-2006 01:54 PM

You count the number of flashes and then check for the code. Yes, it gives you transmission codes. :)

Electrophil 01-01-2006 02:23 PM

So he goes here. http://www.svx-iw.com/

Click on SVXipedia, then click on "checking error codes", then click on "check transmission codes", then follow the directions on how to pull the code.

The flashing power light at start up is only telling you there is a trouble code stored in your TCU, you have to go through the frustration of pulling the actual code to find out whats wrong. It's a "turn off key, put in drive, then reverse, etc., style thing.

I have yet to make the combination work the first time on 2 separate SVX's. Might take a couple of attempts to get the code/codes to come up.:)

1320boy 01-01-2006 07:08 PM

So it might be my tranny?????
It was just replaced or you think they might have put in awrong code or something?????:confused:

dwd1985 01-01-2006 07:28 PM

Having a transmission code doesnt neccessarily mean that your transmission is about to go or anything, the codes could mean alot of things. I got a code for a duty solenoid A malfunction, and it just turned out to be the transmission resister that plugs in next to the battery, and was a cheap, easy, and quick fix. Just pull the code using the method in the SVXipedia, and look up what it is. As soon as you find out, do a search or post your finding in this forum, and someone here will tell you how to fix your problem. It could be somehting as simple as a sensor that needs replacing.

1320boy 01-02-2006 12:50 PM

Unfortunatly im an idiot with codes and stuff:(
All i know is when i start the car the "Power" indicator is on for 2 full seconds
then blinks rapidly for about 15-16 times?????
Any of you guy's know what that means:confused:
I'm stumped:confused: :( :confused: :(

Electrophil 01-02-2006 01:05 PM

The power light flashing 16 times means your Transmission Control Unit has stored a trouble code.

To retrieve the trouble code, check out the instructions in post#8.:)