The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lighting -New Bulbs (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20899)

LarryIII 08-25-2004 05:45 AM

Lighting -New Bulbs

I jst copied this post from the Yahoo SVX club site. I thought that it might be helpful here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Eastern Daylight Time,
kauffman@h... writes:
He then found that there is a new type bulb to replace the stock
9006 and 9005 called 9006TV and 9005TV for Tru-Vue from Wagner Div. of Federal-Mogul, Southfield, MI.
I tried replacing 4 bulbs. Much more light, much whiter, and no more current draw (55 w). So these must have hotter running filaments and may not last as long as originals do. Next e-mail when one of these burns out. So far, I would never go back to the originals."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BoondockSVX 08-25-2004 06:35 AM

I've tried wagners 20% greater light output before, but the 9005 modded into the 9006 is by far the best solution.

Earthworm 08-25-2004 04:39 PM

Ok, so then mod the 9005TV to fit the 9006 socket :D

Mr. Pockets 08-25-2004 04:48 PM

I still have a set of PIAA lows in my SVX. I installed them in the fall of 2000 and I drive with my headlights on at all times.

I think that's pretty stellar performance for a headlight that's also a great improvement over standard.

Mind you they were expensive, but 4 years? That's awesome.

Ryan 08-25-2004 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I still have a set of PIAA lows in my SVX. I installed them in the fall of 2000 and I drive with my headlights on at all times.

I think that's pretty stellar performance for a headlight that's also a great improvement over standard.

Mind you they were expensive, but 4 years? That's awesome.

I agree with PIAA's performance. You really can't get much better. I had a set of PIAA H3 yellow fog bulbs (55W) in my 1990 Mazda MX6 GT while I had it for a year. The previous owner put them in about 2 years before that. They sat in a field with the dead MX6 for two years. I put them in my RS fogs and they lasted 6 more months before one of them finally called it quits.

RSVX 08-25-2004 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

I agree with PIAA's performance. You really can't get much better. I had a set of PIAA H3 yellow fog bulbs (55W) in my 1990 Mazda MX6 GT while I had it for a year. The previous owner put them in about 2 years before that. They sat in a field with the dead MX6 for two years. I put them in my RS fogs and they lasted 6 more months before one of them finally called it quits.

I have PIAA lows, highs, and H3 fogs... been that way since... Reading II timeframe...

no burnouts... ME <3