The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   cruise control MIA (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32683)

Ry-o 04-16-2006 03:13 PM

cruise control MIA

hey, you guys have been awsome in helping out with problems in the past, and everythings almost back to normal with the SVX. Total respect to you SVX gurus.
however, Im wondering if anyone here would know where i might be able to come across a good step by step article with some photos showing what the parts of the cruise control look like and where they are all located...im haveing a pretty hard time trying to figure out why it doesnt work. On a side note, my fog light button also doesnt work, but i havent checked the bulbs yet given that the radiator doesnt want to give them to me as of yet :P
the actual buttons on the left button cluster are all hooked up right, so it gotta be something in the circuits i woudl imagine, but what do i know in comaparison o you guys :P
thanks for everything

NikFu S. 04-16-2006 03:19 PM

Dunno about the cruise control, but my fogs never worked until a few days after I replaced the bulbs.
The old bulbs were fine, but I left the new ones in there and like a week later they suddenly started working and never stopped.

:confused:

It's Just Eric 04-16-2006 07:09 PM

Cruise controll...Hmm..
The mechanical part of it is easilly located under the hood. It is up near the firewall, nearly center (Closer to the drivers side) of the car. Its this lieele black thingy with a vacume line and a few cables to it. Most of the time, when the cruise doesnt work, its because this vacume line has become detached. If thats the case, find it, slip it back on and enjoy not having to use the gas pedal
If not...I dont know

SVXRide 04-16-2006 07:12 PM

Ditto on making sure the vaccuum line is connected. Had someone at Reading a couple years back who complained about having no cruise control on his drive in...popped the hood and the vaccuum line was disconnected - reconnected it and voila! instant cruise control:D
-Bill

msvx95 04-18-2006 09:51 AM

I just drove from ohio to chicago last week and had no cruise control....dang...I didn't think about checking the vacuum line...I hope it's unplugged and that's the only problem.

msvx95 04-19-2006 05:11 AM

Yessssssssss it was only unplugged..... :)
Does anyone put hose clamps on these?
I have a feeling it will continually pop off.

dcarrb 04-19-2006 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ry-o
the actual buttons on the left button cluster are all hooked up right, so it gotta be something in the circuits i woudl imagine, but what do i know in comaparison o you guys :P
thanks for everything

Does the light come on when you press CRUISE? Sometimes the button is reluctant to engage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvx95
Does anyone put hose clamps on these?
I have a feeling it will continually pop off.

Time to buy new vacuum hose.

dcb

msvx95 04-19-2006 09:51 AM

the hose is still very flexible...normally the old ones are brittle right?

How long is the hose? I'm not sure where it goes..I see it go into an area with wires under the fusebox. What's in there?

It's Just Eric 04-19-2006 11:12 AM

As long as it isnt all scaly looking and brittle its fine. You could put a little clamp on it if you feel the need to, just dont crank it super tight, you might crack the plastic fitting.