The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reading TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64875)

svxcess 05-19-2019 12:48 PM

Reading TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY Meet

POSTPONED

Next year marks another milestone event for Reading as 2020 will be the 20th Anniversary of the Reading Meet

We have come a long way since that very first one in April 2000.

And, for many of us, the images and memories of the Reading 10th Anniversary Meet is still fresh in our minds, even after a decade.

The surprise appearance of the PPG Pace car, the SRRT Legacy spec. b race cars, Subaru's involvement and much more that made for a great 3 day event. Look at the signup list HERE

Anyway, organizing a memorable meet to rival that one will take a lot of planning, effort, development and enthusiastic volunteers with ideas. Things such as:
  • Contacting Subaru Corporate to try and get their continued involvement
  • Planning for events and other activities (scenic drives, raffle, tech sessions, etc.)
  • Decisions on commemorative merchandise (shirts or hats, window decals, etc.)
  • Finding sponsors willing to donate parts for prizes.
  • Finding a venue for an organized group dinner, and more.

We have done all of this in the past, including raffling off a 5-speed SVX. A couple of sub-committees will be needed. I can even try to negotiate a reserved block of rooms at the Holiday Inn, as I have always done in past years.

A lot of this will have to be done by locals to find opportunities for dinner options, up-to-date road conditions and detours.

It is never too early to start. Believe me when I say it took more than a year of negotiations with Subaru to get the Pace Car to Reading. Read that story HERE

No expectations or goals. We will not attempting to set attendance records or try to meet or surpass anything we have done in the past. Each Reading if different and has a life of its own. It is all about the people that makes it great.

That's all for now... just planting that seed. Relax, and just let this past Reading soak in.

Either post ideas here or send me a PM if you are inclined. Don't be afraid to speak your mind and become involved; there are no wrong answers

Green1995SVX 05-19-2019 06:37 PM

Re: Reading TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY Meet

John-

I am 100% committed to help with this in any way that I can. Having contributed to the planning of Reading 4 and 5, I have a little experience. I also now have a second home in Lancaster, PA, and spend about 1/4-1/3 of the month in the area on business. Being fairly local to the event during those times could help me be able to assist.

We MUST take a serious run and making this a fantastic event. We need specific reasons, and even incentives, for people to show up. We also need to make sure to coordinate information across the popular social media platforms, and I believe that we should consider placing ads on social media to draw more attendees. I’m more than willing to contribute to this financially and through any work that I could do.

Mike

RedLionSVX 11-29-2019 08:47 PM

Really looking forward to the 2020 Reading meet! Maybe we can have a parts exchange.

LarryIII 11-30-2019 09:02 AM

I can bring Italian pastry for everyone and then some. :lol:

MoreIBNR 12-21-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII (Post 751583)
I can bring Italian pastry for everyone and then some. :lol:

Larry - Been a long time - how have you and the Naviguesser been? I haven't been on this site for years but I received a birthday wishes and thought I would take a look.

Gary

LarryIII 12-22-2019 10:44 AM

Gary,

Great to hear from you. Rosie and I are doing fine and hope you are too.
We get "younger" every day and are in good health and enjoy ourselves. Hope you are too.

LarryIII 12-22-2019 10:45 AM

Gary,

Great to hear from you. Rosie and I are doing fine and hope you are too.
We get "younger" every day and are in good health and enjoying ourselves. Hope you are too.

SubaruPartsGirl 02-04-2020 11:06 PM

The meet will be here before ya know it! I'd love to hear your ideas for a special raffle item this year. I've been keeping an eye out on the Subaru Gear for the past few months and I haven't seen anything SVX related. I did pick up a Matchbox SVX a few days ago and if I could find enough of them it might be a fun option if people don't have them.

We also have the option of having custom made items through Subaru Gear but we will need plenty of time to have them made. Tell me your ideas while we still have plenty of time!

-Jackie

RedLionSVX 02-05-2020 11:35 AM

It might be cool to get retro SVX decal sheets or SVX winter caps. Classic java mug?

Also, is anyone thinking about a swap meet and greet? I have a couple odds and ends to bring. Might be looking for items as well.

Time is flying!

Cotton 02-06-2020 07:22 AM

Trying to get traction to get this going to help ensure there is a meet in Reading this year. I had posted it to SVX Nation to try to get it going as well.

Alycone 03-11-2020 01:59 AM

My Subaru is looking forward to running with the herd :)

Alycone 03-11-2020 02:05 AM

I'd sure like to check out the Amish/Mennonite stuff in the area. I believe there's a bakery and farm produce and horse n buggies and scenery.

SubaruPartsGirl 03-11-2020 02:53 AM

I saw many signs for products along the way - bakery, dairy, produce - I'm definitely stopping this year!!

I'm working with Subaru Gear to get something fun and useful!