The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fix-it ticket for tint on the front windows. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33476)

NikFu S. 06-01-2006 02:36 PM

Fix-it ticket for tint on the front windows.

Just had it on the front upper window. Had to pull it off.
No biggy as it was ugly and purple, but now I have goo all over the window and the inside of the car is soooo much brighter.

Not gute, not gute.

I would have gotten away with it if I hadn't rolled right next to an unmarked car, and if I had stayed back a bit. He casually got behind me, the guy in front of me hit the breaks kinda hard, so I switched lanes. He casually follows me over and hits the flashy lights.

I pull to the next turn and go around a corner where noone can see, which is about 50ft from the police station, his destination.

):

I only get pulled over for retarded things.
Lit washer nozzles, driving with parking lights on, "unsafe lane change" during a snowstorm in the Jeep... :rolleyes:

shelfy 06-01-2006 03:51 PM

what's a gute? :confused:

NikFu S. 06-01-2006 05:42 PM

Aahahahahahahhaasdg;advg.

You wouldn't know unless you played Conker's Bad Fur Day.

There is this weasel with a heavy German accent and he's trying to figure out why this guy's milk fell off the table (it's missing a leg), and how to fix it, and somewhere along he is pondering the problem and says "Hmm... not gut not gut" (voice and subtitles). Trying to say "good", but it sounds like "goot".
Hilarious old N64 game. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...e.php?id=11276

-----

In other news I just passed emissions and re-registered my SVX not but 20 minutes ago.
Now I must see if I can't make these fines for driving with expired tags (Feb. 06) and emissions go away... >.>

Alycone 06-01-2006 05:53 PM

What are the legal tint percents in your state? I assume your tint was on the front top side windows and not the windshield? I wondered if the top and bottom front side windows were subject to the same law, I was kinda hoping the top one didn't count, guess I was wrong.

Earthworm 06-01-2006 06:14 PM

Conker was also on the Xbox (where I played it)

SubaSteevo 06-01-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycone
What are the legal tint percents in your state? I assume your tint was on the front top side windows and not the windshield? I wondered if the top and bottom front side windows were subject to the same law, I was kinda hoping the top one didn't count, guess I was wrong.

Technically the top part is part off the roof, and doesn't count. But that's not going to stop them from giving you a ticket for it...

NikFu S. 06-01-2006 07:39 PM

Time arrived at traffic court house: 1640
Time traffic court house closed: 1630
People that could help me: 0/3

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):

A couple mormon girls appeared at my door right before I was leaving asking if I've ever heard of some church.
God must not have wanted me to make the courthouse on time. :/

--
Not sure of the tint percents. It might not be legal at all, though I see people all over the place with limo tint, just like I saw lit washers all over the place a couple years ago.

Manarius 06-01-2006 07:40 PM

Driving with parking lights on...that's a punishable offense!?

NikFu S. 06-01-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius
Driving with parking lights on...that's a punishable offense!?

It was about 7 or 8pm a couple summers ago, you could say it was dusk, even though the sky wasn't going to get any darker at that point thanks to the ole earth axis.

Usually I have my heads on. I don't remember if I just didn't turn it all the way or if I left it like that on purpose, but I got pulled over and at first the po was like "I just need to make sure your headlights work", then he scanned mine and my passenger's file or some crap.

He was looking for an excuse to bust someone then he tells me "Oh it's illegal to drive with your parking lights on" but I don't get cited or anything.

I suppose you aren't supposed to, but Chevys come like that from the factory. Every Corvette I see has it's ambers on, and the Express at work has them come on automatically unless you force them off.

NapaBavarian 06-01-2006 09:52 PM

Tried water with dish soap th un goo it?

Khalil 06-01-2006 10:16 PM

Its legal to have tint on the upper windows of our cars. You should of just taken the car to the APD and said u took it off the windows and they would say ok.. (unless u wanted to remove ur tint)..

I got pulled over cause my front windows had 35% tint. I took it off on the roll down windows and showed it and they got rid of the ticket.

Mr. Pockets 06-01-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.

Um...so stop doing retarded things.

Landshark 06-01-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Lit washer nozzles......

that's a 1st degree Rice-domeaner around here.

NikFu S. 06-02-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
Tried water with dish soap th un goo it?

I haven't tried anything yet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khalil
Its legal to have tint on the upper windows of our cars. You should of just taken the car to the APD and said u took it off the windows and they would say ok.. (unless u wanted to remove ur tint)..

I got pulled over cause my front windows had 35% tint. I took it off on the roll down windows and showed it and they got rid of the ticket.

It was ugly Wal-Mart tint and was purpling and cracked so I had no objection to removing it. I just wish I had done it sooner.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
Um...so stop doing retarded things.

It's not so much me doing retarded things, it's just circumstance. If the boss didn't have to send me home early it would have been traffic as usual. Stupid job. :mad:
Also stupid me for not having my 06 tags on my plate.
I guess that's a retarded thing I did.
I never switched my 04s to my 06s. :(
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
that's a 1st degree Rice-domeaner around here.

Mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh.

Earthworm 06-02-2006 12:31 PM

Your headlights should be on 30 mins before sunset or until 30 mins after sunrise. In your case...all the time!