The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Don't drink and drive (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6966)

Andy 11-12-2002 02:05 PM

Don't drink and drive

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/news/news6.html

enough said

Andy

markrobert 11-12-2002 02:10 PM

Not even gonna look......................gotta pretty good idea without the the visual aid.....

mohrds 11-12-2002 02:13 PM

There was a story on the news here last night about a guy who was caught drunk driving, then caught again, then caught a third time, then had his license suspended, then caught again for driving drunk without a liscense....well Sunday night he killed a little girl in his 5th drunk driving arrest...

When will these people learn? I guess he's now looking at a 60 year prison term (by today's standards that's about 3 years in prison and five on parole)...

Doug

Mr. Pockets 11-12-2002 03:05 PM

I witnessed plently of drunk-driving accidents when I lived in FL. At 6AM one morning, on his way to work, a jockey crashed his Ranger through our fence, taking out 25-30ft of it, then went airborne and crashed throguh the neighbor's fence.

When I got out there, he was pulling a fencepost out from his windshield. He was drunk and also taking painkillers. If the post had gone through the windshield only a foot to the left, he wouldn't have needed the painkillers any more.

The police who arrived on the scene said that, with all the fencing in the area (horse country), they saw similar accidents weekly.

greg 11-12-2002 05:44 PM

After reading the article we could also conclude that there were a couple of kids or theifs "joy-riding" the vehicle. There was no mention of drunk driving at all.

When I was a kid, my mother and I were driving out of the neighborhood to the store when out from a cross street a car moving in excess of 65MPH flem across the street, over the curb and landed mid-way in to the house across the road. The passenger was killed instantly and as for the driver... He had a fatal heart attack comming down the road (down hill). When his attack started he floored the car accidentally and died before impact, but killed his wife from the impact. It was alledged that the cars gas peddal had a "problem" and the car was to blame but after the autopsy they decided that it was the gentleman's foot that caused the accident. It was a horrible sight to see. Not to mention my dog died that same night. (also from heart failure, but not as a dramatic ending for her.)

-G

Seraph 11-12-2002 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
There was a story on the news here last night about a guy who was caught drunk driving, then caught again, then caught a third time, then had his license suspended, then caught again for driving drunk without a liscense....well Sunday night he killed a little girl in his 5th drunk driving arrest...

When will these people learn? I guess he's now looking at a 60 year prison term (by today's standards that's about 3 years in prison and five on parole)...

Doug

What a freeking moron. Send him down to IL and we'll give him the chair.

Lwin

FifthElement 11-12-2002 07:11 PM

Legislature in the U.S. regarding drunk/illegal driving is a joke.

Andy 11-13-2002 12:48 AM

Part 2 (or Part II for Larry)

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/news/news4.html

note that the speed limit is 35mph

Andy

jscorse 11-13-2002 05:13 AM

I'm confused

hmm? All I see is articles about milk farming....

I've got my own story about a drunk driver that nearly killed my myself, wife and unborn child.

It's amazing the guy lived......and I didn't throw a lit match in his truck. The shattered open bottle of wisky would have made quite an accelerent.

Basterds......

sfsvx 11-13-2002 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
Part 2 (or Part II for Larry)

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/news/news4.html

note that the speed limit is 35mph

Andy

The old lady is lucky she lived in a Guernsey granite house instead of a good ol' American stick-built one.

I'm glad I saw this post - otherwise, I'd never have known that in 1300, the Bailiffs of Guernsey and Jersey were given separate seals of office. :)

greg 11-13-2002 06:28 PM

Asthma?

Quote:

Originally posted by Dick Young

The old lady is lucky she lived in a Guernsey granite house instead of a good ol' American stick-built one.

I'm glad I saw this post - otherwise, I'd never have known that in 1300, the Bailiffs of Guernsey and Jersey were given separate seals of office. :)

What? All I know is people that claim to have asthma in Guernsey most likely do not! Tests are still being done and data is still being analyzed.:confused:

-G

Andy 11-14-2002 12:41 AM

Re: Asthma?

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX'in

What? All I know is people that claim to have asthma in Guernsey most likely do not! Tests are still being done and data is still being analyzed.:confused:

-G

Sorry folks but the local rag changes its stories daily and uses the same old URLs

Andy

sfsvx 11-14-2002 06:44 AM

Re: Re: Asthma?

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Sorry folks but the local rag changes its stories daily and uses the same old URLs

Andy

I think it's a terrific website. I surfed a little and found out lots about Guernsey I didn't know. It sounds like a great place and there are some beautiful photos on the site.

Beaches? Isn't the Channel pretty cold?

Andy 11-14-2002 01:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Asthma?

Quote:

Originally posted by Dick Young

I think it's a terrific website. I surfed a little and found out lots about Guernsey I didn't know. It sounds like a great place and there are some beautiful photos on the site.

Beaches? Isn't the Channel pretty cold?

You are right, it's a great place to live.

I don't know about the cold water, I just lie on the beach and drool at the women.

Andy

$VX 11-14-2002 02:20 PM

I drove drunk and high once. Course, it was at about 3am, in platteville wi (read farmville), and all I did was do a Y turn to park on the other side of the street. Damn alternate side parking.

- Ca$h

PS: I haven't ever done that when i was going to actually be driving somewhere.