The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fender side marker lights (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6914)

drivemusicnow 11-09-2002 01:35 PM

Fender side marker lights

Just wondering about them... I have seen them on a few SVX's and I like how they look... I was wondering where you can get them and how hard they would be to install.. thanks

greg 11-09-2002 07:54 PM

I don't know....

But I was wondering the same thing. I like the white ones. The orange ones I have seen are not as sleek looking. I bet you just drill mount then wire??

-G

nubs 11-09-2002 08:36 PM

Re: I don't know....

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX'in
But I was wondering the same thing. I like the white ones. The orange ones I have seen are not as sleek looking. I bet you just drill mount then wire??

-G

If they are like other Subaru's, they should be inset into the fender.Which would require a special fender. I am sure you could just fasten them on, but I think it would just look bad.:eek:

Seraph 11-09-2002 09:53 PM

Will post pictures.

lwin

museumquality 11-10-2002 02:26 AM

i just mounted side marker lights on mine last week. i used clear with starndard orange bulb. at first i had them wired to work with the driving lights only, then we wired to turn signals only, and this is where i will leave them. the install wasn't tuff, i wanted to mount them lower then you normally see them stock- basically in-line with the front lights. i spliced into the + of the front signals, and grounded out on the chasi. the cutting was tricky at first, i started with a drill beleave it or not, then stopped when the metal started getting to hot and start to warp around the bit. i then borrowed a neumatic 3 inch circular grinder, and cut my pattern, it went fairly clean. i then filed the rough spots and then neutralized the exposed metal, then primered (with a small hobbie brush)and then drilled out the mounting holes, conditioning them as well. that was pretty much it.
keep in mind if you decide to mount lower on the panal like i did, you will need to bend some of the inner soft frame work. i will post jpgs later sunday here and locker.
fyi, i did not remove corner panels to do this, simply the wheel-well liner and the front corner light was all that was needed for access.
looks great on the red. also, look on ebay, currently there is a used corner panel up for auction , it has a marker mounted on it, looks stock-
jimi - to sleep now

museumquality 11-10-2002 09:52 PM

found this site that offers mini markers as well,
http://www.terrshop.com/
i will post a jpg of my lights monday

jimi

seasvx 11-12-2002 08:26 AM

Re: Fender side marker lights

Quote:

Originally posted by drivemusicnow
I was wondering where you can get them and how hard they would be to install..
...didn't the cars exported to the non-US markets (as well as the home market cars) all have them? I seem to remember looking at pics in the personal lockers of our members in Europe, NZ and Oz and seeing them on their cars. How 'bout it, you guys?

svxcess 11-12-2002 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the part numbers for the OEM side marker (repeator) lights. The UK-spec and the JDM parts are identical, except for part numbers. Here they are:

UK-spec

repeator (right) PN 84401PA020
repeator (left) PN 84401PA030

The cost is £26.53 ($42.13)plus shipping

JDM

repeator (right) PN 84401PA010
repeator (left) PN 84401PA000

I don't have the actual cost on these, but they are definitely cheaper than the UK ones. Probably about $26.00 each. Maybe Lwin has the price.

These are complete assemblies, with amber lenses, bulbs, gaskets, and wiring harness. Attached is a good photo of the marker. I also took measurements on this car, when I was over in England, to show the correct position.

mohrds 11-12-2002 11:53 AM

John,

Looking at that picture, they do not appear to be inset into the fender. Do you recall if they were?

I think they should be inset. I really like the new clear audi markers, I think they would compliment the SVX. I'd like someone to make a bolt up flanger to make the inset for the fender. Then won't have to take my portable sheet metal nibbler out this holiday season and get a set :o

Doug

svxcess 11-12-2002 12:08 PM

They weren't inset as far as I could tell. I did some very close inspection when measuring, etc. What I really wanted to do was pop out the marker and make a "rubbing" of the shape of the hole in the fender.

Speaking of side markers, I like the wraparound ones that are inset into the bumper and wrap around the front wheel well lip of the new Porsches. Visability and functionality integrated into design.

museumquality 11-12-2002 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the jpgs of my clear side markers. (blinker only)

museumquality 11-12-2002 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another

museumquality 11-12-2002 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
-

pavanbabut 11-27-2004 01:14 PM

Hi all,
i just bought side marker lights for my SVX. I have no idea on fixing them. Some of u guys have successfully installed. Can u guys please tell me how i can install them.

1) which tools i require
2) The dimensions (HXW)
3) Procedure to install

Can i install them myself and is it too tuff, I want to use them as blinkers.

Thanks,
Pavan.

paddlesnz 11-27-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
Here are the part numbers for the OEM side marker (repeator) lights.
JDM

repeator (right) PN 84401PA010
repeator (left) PN 84401PA000

I don't have the actual cost on these, but they are definitely cheaper than the UK ones. Probably about $26.00 each. Maybe Lwin has the price.

These are complete assemblies, with amber lenses, bulbs, gaskets, and wiring harness. Attached is a good photo of the marker. I also took measurements on this car, when I was over in England, to show the correct position.

Y1850 each plus 5% tax. :)