The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   electrical issues (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41223)

AlcyoneDaze 10-11-2007 08:10 AM

electrical issues

okay, all of the sudden, after starting up my car, i noticed the clock, climate control, cigarette lighter power (but the green illumination still works), power mirrors, parking light, and mirror defrosters are non-functioning. what. the. hell?

Hocrest 10-11-2007 08:31 AM

Check your fuses?

SVeXy96 10-11-2007 03:40 PM

That is a fuse...I had the EXACT problem a few weeks ago ...Check them all though because I forget exactly which fuse I replaced but it had NOTHING to do with any ob the above mentioned items. You can fix this problem for less than a dollar and 5 minutes of your time :)

Trevor 10-11-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze (Post 499519)
okay, all of the sudden, after starting up my car, i noticed the clock, climate control, cigarette lighter power (but the green illumination still works), power mirrors, parking light, and mirror defrosters are non-functioning. what. the. hell?

Exactly what do you mean by " all of the sudden, after starting up my car, i noticed ". :confused:

Do you mean you lost power to the items mentioned, all of the sudden, after starting the car, and the fault still remains? :confused:

Alternatively, does everything remain normal and OK until you start the engine? :confused:

It's Just Eric 10-11-2007 10:45 PM

pop the hood, open the fuse box, check the one labeled clock. I bet it is blown

now, WHY it blew is gonna be the fun thing to figure out

SVeXy96 10-11-2007 11:32 PM

It should be one of the fuses in the "under the dash" fuse box...I think it was my power door lock or power window fuse that blew when I lost power to my cig lighter and clock and climate control. Thats the funny thing about fuses...when you blow one it will effect everything accept the one thing the fuse was meant for lol!:lol::D I will look at my box tomorrow and tell you exactly which fuse mine blew when I had that problem and maybe its the same one for you.

Trevor 10-11-2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVeXy96 (Post 499730)
It should be one of the fuses in the "under the dash" fuse box...I think it was my power door lock or power window fuse that blew when I lost power to my cig lighter and clock and climate control. Thats the funny thing about fuses...when you blow one it will effect everything accept the one thing the fuse was meant for lol!:lol::D I will look at my box tomorrow and tell you exactly which fuse mine blew when I had that problem and maybe its the same one for you.

Fuse No. 3, covers all the circuits involved and is the one to check. ;)

Wikedjuggalo 10-12-2007 04:53 PM

O.k same thing happend to me. Basically tried the fuse thing and it blew like 3 of them so I took the clock fuse out and put a new fuse in the blown Cigar/Mirror fuse and it work again. But then after letting it run for a bit I put the clock fuse back in and every thing works fine now.

Trevor 10-12-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 499933)
O.k same thing happend to me. Basically tried the fuse thing and it blew like 3 of them so I took the clock fuse out and put a new fuse in the blown Cigar/Mirror fuse and it work again. But then after letting it run for a bit I put the clock fuse back in and every thing works fine now.

In some way while checking on things, you MUST have cleared a fault. There is no magic within things electric. :rolleyes:

Wikedjuggalo 10-12-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 499937)
In some way while checking on things, you MUST have cleared a fault. There is no magic within things electric. :rolleyes:

Shhhhhhhh...... The electrical stuff might hear you :(