The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Graduated HS~ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45118)

Wikedjuggalo 06-12-2008 11:13 PM

Graduated HS~

I graduated tonight (read:last night) I know some people see graduating HS as not much of a accomplishment but seeing as either of my parents graduated (did obtained GED) it is in my family. I am just glad to get it over with :O I never thought I wouldn't graduate (I ended up with more then enough credits) just a lot of crap has to be done to graduate now. Our class stated out with over 500 this year and end with a bit over 400 graduates. All in all I'm just glad HS is over and now I can start College in the fall to work towards Software Engineer Degree.

Davestone 06-12-2008 11:20 PM

Re: Graduated HS~

Congrats!!!!!:banana: I just got back from my girlfriends sister's graduation. I hope you had a good time, and also made it interesting for the audience. Hers was really boring:rolleyes:....... Anyways congrats again!!!!

shelfy 06-12-2008 11:57 PM

congrats. i could be your dad.

Hondasucks 06-13-2008 12:43 AM

Congrats :-) Glad to see you aren't stopping with your HS diploma! Where do you plan on going to college? OIT (Oregon Institute of Technology) has a pretty good software engineering program.

Wikedjuggalo 06-13-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 551790)
Congrats :-) Glad to see you aren't stopping with your HS diploma! Where do you plan on going to college? OIT (Oregon Institute of Technology) has a pretty good software engineering program.

I am going to FTCC (Fayetteville Tech) for a year then transferring to UNC-Charlotte. Currently there are only 3 colleges that offer Software engineer in the state of NC. Chapel Hill (expensive) Duke (Hella expensive) and UNC-C (not so expensive). Going to Community college saves me money the first year :). Also my dad does live out in Kiezer OR (Outside of Salem) I am visiting him for a week come Saturday. He has been very ill lately and wasnt able to attend my graduation but this year they streamed it over the internet so he was able to watch.

Landshark 06-13-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy (Post 551788)
congrats. i could be your dad.

you could be Rick Astley's dad, too. LOLOLOL

joe62890 06-13-2008 11:20 AM

Congrats man! Good luck with college as well!

JLHollowX13 06-13-2008 11:45 AM

wow you graduated LATE!!! we graduated like 3 weeks ago. i hear you about hs, im so happy im out. college coming up, and that should be a blast! im just happy to get out on my own as im sure you are too. we had about 250 to 300 people graduate, and the ceremony wasnt boring at all. we played beach ball the whole time haha. that is really awesome you are the 1st 1 with an actual diploma and your even going to college! that is pretty outstanding. my parents both graduated. i was at my moms graduation actually, i think i was 2 (my parents got married and had me at 16 and 18 lol and they are still together! 18 years married, like 20 something years together lol)

i think my current boss has a software engineering degree... im pretty sure thats wat he has and he said he made a butt load of money when he did that too!!!!

Hondasucks 06-13-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 551825)
I am going to FTCC (Fayetteville Tech) for a year then transferring to UNC-Charlotte. Currently there are only 3 colleges that offer Software engineer in the state of NC. Chapel Hill (expensive) Duke (Hella expensive) and UNC-C (not so expensive). Going to Community college saves me money the first year :). Also my dad does live out in Kiezer OR (Outside of Salem) I am visiting him for a week come Saturday. He has been very ill lately and wasnt able to attend my graduation but this year they streamed it over the internet so he was able to watch.

Cool, I'm like 20 miles from salem, hit me up and you can check out my SVX lol, PM me for my cell #. And you might want to go check out www.oit.edu, last time I looked into it, they weren't that expesive, and they are about 240 miles south of here, so would be an opportunity to spend some time with your dad as well, if he's not doing to well, might want to spend time with him while you can...
They also have a campus in Portland (~40 miles from Salem) but it doesn't have all the programs that the Klamath Falls campus has. I know they have software engineering, since a good friend of mine went there.

subi-crosser 06-14-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 551782)
I graduated tonight (read:last night) I know some people see graduating HS as not much of a accomplishment but seeing as either of my parents graduated (did obtained GED) it is in my family. I am just glad to get it over with :O I never thought I wouldn't graduate (I ended up with more then enough credits) just a lot of crap has to be done to graduate now. Our class stated out with over 500 this year and end with a bit over 400 graduates. All in all I'm just glad HS is over and now I can start College in the fall to work towards Software Engineer Degree.

Congrats!!! Find something that you LOVE and do it for a living!

Wait a few years before falling in love and making babies! That way, you won't have to wonder, " What IFFFF"...

Wikedjuggalo 06-15-2008 12:42 PM

Subi I know I have been given that advice many times :) but I do appreciate the advice :)

joe62890 06-15-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 551986)
Congrats!!! Find something that you LOVE and do it for a living!

Wait a few years before falling in love and making babies! That way, you won't have to wonder, " What IFFFF"...

Hey now... I fell in love and accidentally made a baby. It's all good though, still going to college because the school is paying me to. Moral of the story. Keep your pee-pee in your pants til you're rich... then don't marry a gold digger.

Wikedjuggalo 06-15-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe62890 (Post 552084)
Hey now... I fell in love and accidentally made a baby. It's all good though, still going to college because the school is paying me to. Moral of the story. Keep your pee-pee in your pants til you're rich... then don't marry a gold digger.

Lol been told that many times :P

bwb3 06-15-2008 05:06 PM

Gongrats on graduating! Have fun this summer and good luck in the future, i just got done with school not to long ago too, its a whole new adventure now.

good luck,
Ben