The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Questions: (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20810)

LarryIII 08-20-2004 05:01 AM

Questions:

Should we put put out an official quarterly magazine/newsletter and should we charge dues to cover expenses.
After reading up on some of the Italian car clubs and talking to my boss bill about the Jaguar Club and other guys at work about Porsche & Miata clubs, I am leaning to the 'yes' side of the answer to both questions. I think that we need a more formalized structure if we are ever to be recognized by other automotive groups and/or Subaru.

I started this thread in the hope of evoking some serious discussion about this issue.
I hope evryone responds with their opinions.

dcarrb 08-20-2004 06:58 AM

I'd pay dues to help cover expenses (not that I have money burning a hole in my pocket).

A periodical might be interesting. Who would do the work?

dcb

Myetball 08-20-2004 07:22 AM

One of the other forums I'm a member of started asking for donations a while back. Was pretty successful. It allows those that can afford it pay while those that are strapped for cash can remain active members.

Newsletter/Periodical would be cool. Have featured rides, tech advice, featured mods, etc.

n00b on demand 08-20-2004 08:52 AM

I would pay dues too. I work at a CVS part time cuz im in school and make like 150 bucks a week but i'd still do it :D . I think a newsletter would be an awesome idea.

benebob 08-20-2004 11:29 AM

I've been waiting for a formal club!!! Have been lax in paying dues myself but figure I help out in other ways. Love the newsletter idea as well. Every other club seems to do it too.

mikecg 08-20-2004 01:04 PM

For more

I'd be willing to pay if it included more then just a news letter. If we broke it up into local groups and each took part of the dews to hold a local meet with an autocross of something like that at a track it would rock.

godspeed94 08-20-2004 04:17 PM

Count me in! It would be cool to read a news letter. You should have donations from svx business to want to put an ad to sell their products like motorsport, small car performance ect... Also Put info on group buys, tech tips, new mods and upgrades. Monthly info on readers rides and profiles.

Peach 08-21-2004 11:51 PM

I'm keepin mine

I think more organization would be great. As a newbie all I know is I did'nt know this site even existed untill after I bought a SVX. I bought the car because I love Subie 's this site was a cool perk! The problem is I don't know who originated this site, when, why or who. The vast majority of new users don't have a clue, either do I. I do have original black SVX CLUB. COM stickers someone gave me and I think this is a newer version of it. Anyway, I love my car it's expensive in between break downs but untill I go broke or someone runs over me, I will keep it. Therefore I would be glad to pay my dues, "aslong as they aren't much" because i'm cheap. So what's the story SVX, and don't tell me to look in "search" :D :D :confused:

JackieBeans 08-22-2004 06:33 AM

subi club. .

Yeah, that would be cool. . . Another resource to network with people we already talk to, read posts from, and beyond. I would gladly pay dues to be part of such a fraternal group, and probably take more stock in getting together to a meet than I do now. You know skin in the game, and all. I fell in love with the car the first time I saw it, and when I had the chance to invest a little money into one, I did it, even though at the time I was in a cash crunch. But the point is - I fell in love with the car the first time I drove it. If you get the interest, I can help in putting together mambership database, some help with a web Site, etc. . . Contact off line, and we can talk. Don't know how far into the idea, or resources for material that you have.

beansie

Subafreak 08-22-2004 10:05 AM

Not a bad idea. I wonder thoe would the dues pay for just the news letter or would it be intended to support the site too.?

I would imagine printing a news letter for how ever many members we have here would be a bit pricey, but if we just worked it out in a way like you pay you get the news letter or if you just want to support the network or both.

Set it up like a yearly payment. That would work.

ehyde111 08-22-2004 10:44 AM

Yes, I would pay dues and a newsletter would be great.

majeskyb 08-22-2004 12:03 PM

I know I'm new also, but I have some ideas as well. I've seen sites that are sponsored by parts sites specific to the car, a vender specific section in the forum, or a paypal donation link at the bottom of the site. Also, for a newsletter, all we'd have to do is write it up, print it off a computer and take it somewhere like a copymax or kinkos or something. Would it also be benefitial to start a seperate thread specific to throwing around ideas for the newsletter so that we wouldn't have to sort through clutter and the sort? Just had an idea that I've seen when it comes to other cars (my rx-7). Somebody could write up a new svx buyers guide. What to look for when you're interested in getting one, certain things to check out under the hood, noises, smells, etc. I know I'm going to be asking a lot of questions when I get back from Saudi and have the money to purchase one. (On a side note- am I crazy? I think about these cars almost all the time everyday.) That's all I have right now. I'll drop more ideas if I come up with anymore in the future. :D

Earthworm 08-23-2004 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
I would imagine printing a news letter for how ever many members we have here would be a bit pricey, but if we just worked it out in a way like you pay you get the news letter or if you just want to support the network or both.
Who says whe need to print the newsletters out. Just distribute them in PDF format.

Green1995SVX 08-23-2004 08:48 PM

I dont think printing them would be that costly. It's like REALLY cheap to get stuff done at Kinkos these days.

Mike

Green1995SVX 08-23-2004 08:49 PM

I would pay dues too. :D