The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Joining the Ranks....... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23722)

mikecg 01-10-2005 05:23 AM

Joining the Ranks.......

Of the multiSVX club.

I brought home a nice 92 yesterday.

Thanks Mike. It made the 120 mile trip just fine. In fact, the last 10 miles, I started hammering on it. the tranny didnt slip after the long drive. I shut it down for about 5 minutes and then took it out again and it started slipping again.

On a different note, I managed to screw up the driver side door. I left your house and the locks and windows were working. I stopped for lunch, lock the car, came out, unlocked it jut fine. An hour later, stopped at the Wawa and the manual lock didnt work. I couldnt even push it down. The key wouldnt work either. Oh well, I'd just look at it when I got home.

I jump back in and head for the Chesapeake bay bridge. I pull up to the toll booth, the window goes down, I hand over the cash. As I pull away I put the window up. The window goes all the way up and when it gets to the top there is a loud CRACK. I look the window is still in tact. I'll look at it at home too.

I get home and the manual locks still not working. I try the keyless entry, it works fine. Try the window it does down a 1/4 inch and stops, wont go back up. I grab the window and I can push it up and down by hand with no resistance.

SilverSpear 01-10-2005 05:55 AM

my advice, sell the bastard!!! always take it this way, once you buy something and trouble begins, it means that this thing is not coming from the seller's heart. my advice is to sell it and buy another SVX

rufus 01-10-2005 09:32 AM

Hey Mike. Good to hear you made it home OK.

I would guess that the lock and window problems are tied together in some way. I bet when you pop the door panel off it will become quite obvious.

Anyway, enjoy your new project.

And SilverSpear, the car was sold with a very clear understanding of what was wrong with it, and at a price that took those problems into account, so keep your seller-disparaging remarks to yourself.

:p

mikecg 01-10-2005 10:15 AM

Ya I couldnt beat the price. It would be worth it in parts alone. But I'm gonna try to fix it first. $900 is a steal.

ensteele 01-10-2005 01:23 PM

Congratulation on your new purchase and joining the ranks of multi-SVX owners. :)

shelfy 01-10-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Congratulation on your new purchase and joining the ranks of multi-SVX owners. :)

manofmayo 01-10-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele

lee 01-10-2005 03:46 PM

the window problem is likely to be the sleeve lock regulator @ $7.58. Look on this page (it works for 92s too, they just don't show the part # for 92s, I have done it along with others):

http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...category=601-1

The door lock problem (for me) turned out to be a defective motor....but you say the keyless entry worked, so if it locks/unlocks by keyless and not by manual, then I doubt the motor - it may just be the whole mechanism is worn. In either case it's a bit less than $150, look here:

http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...category=602-A

Pearlywhites1992 01-12-2005 05:34 AM

the window problem is likely to be the sleeve lock regulator

Welcome to the SVX club!
See the kind of help that is available here?
This place is PRICELESS!
Hope you get her straightened out.

wawazat?? 01-12-2005 10:29 AM

Welcome to the club Mike:)

I own two and a half now. Have owned 4 of them.

Todd

Noir 01-12-2005 12:25 PM

welcome to teh broke arse club.

mikecg 01-14-2005 12:43 PM

Well started a few repairs.

Had the exhaust leak fixed = $145
Took apart the driverside door and determined all the problems were caused by a $2 plastic clip. I ordered it and scheduled an appointment for the tranny.

The Hunter 01-14-2005 12:56 PM

Welcome Mike. Enjoy your new SVX. My best advice for you is to start a bank account for future repairs. LMAO :D :D :D just joking but realy Welcome to the land of the elite.

mikecg 01-15-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Hunter
Welcome Mike. Enjoy your new SVX. My best advice for you is to start a bank account for future repairs. LMAO :D :D :D just joking but realy Welcome to the land of the elite.

Accually Ive been around here for about two years now. I got a 94 L in may of 2003. I' getting the first ECUTune stage III for the 94. This thread is about the 92 LS-L I just picked up for $900 from another member. I sold my 92 Dodge stealth to pay for it.

Weasel 22 01-16-2005 09:23 PM

welcome Mike...I just recently joined myself
currently ive started some bank cd's for future repairs :p
however I believe she (SVX) will be more reliable than my 94 Probe :rolleyes: ....shes older than my Probe but put together much better