The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   So I was on the way to school... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43496)

Wikedjuggalo 02-28-2008 11:04 AM

So I was on the way to school...

and I got pulled. clocked me at 64. I didnt know cops could clock while driving but I guess they can. The part I'm not happy with is he said it was a 45 MPH zone but I swear it is a 55 MPH zone. There is a difference in the fines and punishments for 9MPH over vs. 19MPH over. I'm very angry but I was nice to the officer even though he wasn't very nice to me. I guess I need to get a lawyer and try to get them to make this go away.

LetItSnow 02-28-2008 11:59 AM

Radar works in motion, although the last thing I knew, laser had to be from a standstill.

They can also pace you, although they have to give you a ~3mph benefit-of-the-doubt.

Wikedjuggalo 02-28-2008 12:05 PM

I just need it to go away 15MPH+ over in NC = 30 Day suspension I can't afford that. Also a mandatory Insurance increase. Any advice folks besides getting a laywer?

LetItSnow 02-28-2008 12:06 PM

First time offender?

Landshark 02-28-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 531328)
Any advice folks besides getting a laywer?

drive the speed limit.

RSVX 02-28-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 531328)
I just need it to go away 15MPH+ over in NC = 30 Day suspension I can't afford that. Also a mandatory Insurance increase. Any advice folks besides getting a laywer?

Actually, consider yourself lucky.

They can revoke your license ON THE SPOT for 10 MPH Over in NC...

Either way... Here.

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html

SomethingElse 02-28-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 531332)
drive the speed limit.

I bet you never brake the law;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 531334)
Actually, consider yourself lucky.

They can revoke your license ON THE SPOT for 10 MPH Over in NC...

Either way... Here.

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html

Thats crazy!:eek: Im never moving to NC...And I thought we had it bad in VA.

Manarius 02-28-2008 12:30 PM

Yeah, I didn't really speed in NC when I was there. Every cop has radar which they can use on the move - so that's no fun. In PA, only state cops have radar and they have to be stopped when using it.

Landshark 02-28-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse (Post 531339)
I bet you never brake the law;)

no, but i break the law. ;)

the difference is, when i get caught breaking the law (usually street-racing in school zones), i don't whine about it on internet forums and try to weasel my way out of it.

Wikedjuggalo 02-28-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 531346)

the difference is, when i get caught breaking the law (usually street-racing in school zones), i don't whine about it on internet forums and try to weasel my way out of it.

Hold on, I didnt deny my speeding, I have a problem with the speed zone he posted. And Yes First time offense. Landshark I'm not whining here, I simply posted what happened, remember you don't have to click the reply button.

LetItSnow 02-28-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 531346)

1) Has anyone in history just paid a speeding ticket and called it a day?

B) Wouldn't you want any advice you could get on how to play a system with as loose rules as those of any board game played with a 4-year-old?

and third... How do you street race in school zones if you can't hit full spool at 12mph? :p

Landshark 02-28-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 531347)
Hold on, I didnt deny my speeding, I have a problem with the speed zone he posted. And Yes First time offense. Landshark I'm not whining here, I simply posted what happened, remember you don't have to click the reply button.

*you* weren't really whining, but there has been a lot of whining on here and NASIOC lately about tickets.

i don't have to click reply, but i can.

Wikedjuggalo 02-28-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 531351)
*you* weren't really whining, but there has been a lot of whining on here and NASIOC lately about tickets.

i don't have to click reply, but i can.

If I came of as offensive then I am sorry but I felt I wasnt not whinging but more looking for advice in a subject that many of you have had experiance in so I can possible not pay double insurance. I do admit I was driving 64 (My speedo said 60 but ) like I stated the main issue is 19MPH over vs. 9MPH is a very big difference. I can live with a fine for going 9 over but 19 = suspended for 30 days and a bigger fine and mandatory insurance increase. I am mainly getting a lawyer for it. I think lawyer is my only hope in keeping my license I don't thing going in there and saying "I'm guilty" will allow me that.

AlcyoneDaze 02-28-2008 01:18 PM

Obviously unfamiliar with the procedures of traffic court.

I went for my 'careless driving' ticket - doing donuts in the snow in my SVX - so don't anyone get hypocritical on here - and out of 150 people sitting in the courtroom over four hours, I was the only one taking my ticket to trial. Typically the prosecutor offers you the sweet deal; no points, but pay us $439... or take the points and a smaller fine. You don't need a lawyer for a speeding ticket, the prosecutor will drop it down for you, especially if its first offense

Wikedjuggalo 02-28-2008 02:22 PM

I don't wanna take the chance of them not offering me something. I don't want high insurance for 3 years. I thank you for your advice but not a route I think I wanna attempt :(.