The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wow, great weather! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1474)

Aredubjay 09-12-2001 12:47 PM

Wow, great weather!

Mornings have been in the sixties here. I've noticed how much better the SVX runs in these lower temperatures. She REALLY, REALLY likes the lower humidity too. :D

oneothefewproud 09-12-2001 12:52 PM

Randy,

Agreed. Here in So Cal the weather has been great. In the high 50's in the AM. When she warms up she drives wonderfully.

Ciao
Wayne

cocacola08 09-12-2001 12:59 PM

And here comes the winter w/higher gas prices and lower gas mileage

Ron Mummert 09-12-2001 01:47 PM

Re: Wow, great weather!

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Mornings have been in the sixties here. I've noticed how much better the SVX runs in these lower temperatures. She REALLY, REALLY likes the lower humidity too. :D
I hear the weather was also fantasic on 12-7-41. Then came the gas rationing. Run 'em while ya got 'em! Ron.

Seraph 09-12-2001 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cocacola08
And here comes the winter w/higher gas prices and lower gas mileage
When you are in the SVX, just enjoy the car. There are times when I say humm, what is my gas milage.. then again, I never b!tched when i was in the camaro (which sucked gas like no tomorrow). So why complain now in the SVX -- which is a better car.

Lwin

mohrds 09-12-2001 02:13 PM

<<So why complain now in the SVX>>

Agreed!

As long as I can still find gas (or distill it myself), I'll keep driving it.
I wonder if I can make my own corn gasohol in a home brewery kit???

Doug

cocacola08 09-12-2001 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
So why complain now in the SVX -- which is a better car.
I wouldn't care, if I wasn't worried about being able to provide food and shelter for my son at the same.

Aredubjay 09-12-2001 02:29 PM

Re: Re: Wow, great weather!

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

I hear the weather was also fantasic on 12-7-41. Then came the gas rationing. Run 'em while ya got 'em! Ron.

Thanks, Ron. I try to move this board into a "lighter" topic and you came along and pi$$ in the Post Toasties. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Ron Mummert 09-12-2001 02:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: Wow, great weather!

Quote:

Thanks, Ron. I try to move this board into a "lighter" topic and you came along and pi$$ in the Post Toasties. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

It coulda' been worse. At least I didn't sh*t in yer shredded wheat!:eek:

LarryIII 09-12-2001 02:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Wow, great weather!

Quote:

Randy,

I hope that you enjoy Ron's version of breakfast cereal. A long time ago, I learned from a roommate from Baltimore that the real breakfast of champions is Wheaties & Gin.
Also, if the raisins start to swim when you pour the milk into the bowl; Don't Eat the Cereal!

Larry III

mohrds 09-12-2001 02:47 PM

<<If the raisins start to swim when you pour the milk into the bowl; Don't Eat the Cereal!>>

I love that!! May I have permission to use this as my occasional tag line?

Doug

Aredubjay 09-12-2001 02:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow, great weather!

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

It coulda' been worse. At least I didn't sh*t in yer shredded wheat!:eek:

I hate Shredded Wheat! :mad:

cocacola08 09-12-2001 03:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow, great weather!

Quote:

Maybe the Sh*t would help the taste

svxter 09-12-2001 06:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow, great weather!

Quote:

Hmm, so far that makes yellow cars, Azteks and shredded wheat? How about a yellow Aztek loaded with boxes of shredded wheat?

When I was a kid, the shredded wheat boxes had airplanes printed on them. You could cut them out and fold them up to make little cardboard models. I kinda like shredded wheat.

Hey! Maybe I could buy a box of shredded wheat, cut the box, fold it into an Aztek model, paint it yellow, and send it to you. I bet you would enjoy that, and I could have breakfast.

Aredubjay 09-12-2001 07:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow, great weather!

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter

Hmm, so far that makes yellow cars, Azteks and shredded wheat? How about a yellow Aztek loaded with boxes of shredded wheat?

When I was a kid, the shredded wheat boxes had airplanes printed on them. You could cut them out and fold them up to make little cardboard models. I kinda like shredded wheat.

Hey! Maybe I could buy a box of shredded wheat, cut the box, fold it into an Aztek model, paint it yellow, and send it to you. I bet you would enjoy that, and I could have breakfast.

>This place would usually be filled with some witty comment by Aredub, however, he is too busy gagging to even reply<