The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ph34r Mah Ju5ty!!!11!!1 Omgwtflol!!1!1 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13641)

Mr. Pockets 10-08-2003 03:14 PM

Ph34r Mah Ju5ty!!!11!!1 Omgwtflol!!1!1

I thought I was going to miss the rest of the autocrosses (autocrossen?) for the year, but it turns out that there will be one more in November that I can attend. WOOHOO!

It looks like the Justy will fit in H-Stock with the Civics and such. I don't know what a Civic weighs, but I'm pretty sure that the Justy has 'em beat in that category. :D I also I think that, by next year, I could easily shave another 100 pounds off the Justy. Of course, once (if) I put in the turbo...well, then I don't know what class I'll fit into. :)

So, I need to make sure the Justy will pass tech. It's not badly leaking anything, but I think I need to replace a ball joint or tie-rod end. I've beat the hell out of that car, and something is just now starting to get a little sloppy.

Earthworm 10-09-2003 02:34 PM

If you do race it have someone take lots of pics :)

What you need to do is find a scrapped FWD SVX and transplant the engine/tranny in the back seat of the Justy for a mid-engine/rear drive hotrod!!

mohrds 10-09-2003 02:58 PM

Re: Ph34r Mah Ju5ty!!!11!!1 Omgwtflol!!1!1

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I also I think that, by next year, I could easily shave another 100 pounds off the Justy.
You think that much of it will rust away by next year?

:D :D :D :D

I love Google more than you do!

Doug

Mr. Pockets 10-09-2003 03:01 PM

Re: Re: Ph34r Mah Ju5ty!!!11!!1 Omgwtflol!!1!1

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds

You think that much of it will rust away by next year?

I love Google more than you do!

Doug

HA! Funny guy!

No, actually, the Justy has no real rust because it came from Florida. I just think that the rear seat, spare tire, carpeting, AC hardware (not kidding) and other junk will easily add up to 100 pounds. Maybe I'll take out all HVAC hardware while I'm at it - you know, since I just got the heating working, it's high time I ripped it all out. :D

And, by the way, I love Google so much that I found your message before it was even posted on this site.

Mr. Pockets 10-09-2003 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
If you do race it have someone take lots of pics :)

What you need to do is find a scrapped FWD SVX and transplant the engine/tranny in the back seat of the Justy for a mid-engine/rear drive hotrod!!

Damn, that's a good idea.

HAHAHAHA, I love it! Maybe once I learn welding I'll take a look at that...even a 1.8 or 2.2L FWD Impreza drivetrain in the back would be slick...

Oh, and yes, I will make sure somebody takes pictures.

Bwana 10-09-2003 10:22 PM

Any idea on why Google doesnt work for me? Just happened like the past...2 weeks or so. Works for my brother's comp on the same connection.

b3lha 10-10-2003 03:07 AM

My Justy is a Type-R

"Rusty"

benebob 10-10-2003 02:50 PM

Re: Ph34r Mah Ju5ty!!!11!!1 Omgwtflol!!1!1

Quote:

It looks like the Justy will fit in H-Stock with the Civics and such. I don't know what a Civic weighs, but I'm pretty sure that the Justy has 'em beat in that category. :D
Yeah you're H-stock. There is no listing for the Justy so it falls into the lump of "all other subies". Interestingly the XT6 also falls into H-stock because of this as well.:D Make for a fairly easy autox that I'll definately finish in the top 20% virtually all the time.

Mr. Pockets 10-10-2003 02:59 PM

Re: Re: Ph34r Mah Ju5ty!!!11!!1 Omgwtflol!!1!1

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob

Yeah you're H-stock. There is no listing for the Justy so it falls into the lump of "all other subies". Interestingly the XT6 also falls into H-stock because of this as well.:D Make for a fairly easy autox that I'll definately finish in the top 20% virtually all the time.

Maybe I should have bought that XT6. Go figure. Ah, well, the Justy'll be a hoot.

benebob 10-10-2003 03:08 PM

Quite talking about your Justy. You're making me feel bad to giving mine to someone unworthy enough to destroy it within 3 months of giving it to her.

Mr. Pockets 10-10-2003 03:33 PM

Quote:

Quite talking about your Justy. You're making me feel bad to giving mine to someone unworthy enough to destroy it within 3 months of giving it to her.
How'd she destroy it?

benebob 10-10-2003 05:45 PM

Quote:

How'd she destroy it?

Well first she had a little mishap involving an Expedition. At least she managed to do $7000 in damages to the POS. The Justy needed a little "repositioning" of the rad support, a new bumper and cover and a fender. A month later she had it overheat well quite majorly. It had a small water pump leak that had been fixed with stop leak. It must have came back. She kept on driving it even though it had 0 coolant in her:( . Probably lasted a week or so without the coolant (as it was winter) before she coughed her last 3 cylinder cough.:( Hopefully she's in a better place now. Funny thing though the rod knock for 25k or so never got the best of her.

Mr. Pockets 10-13-2003 09:17 AM

Quote:

Well first she had a little mishap involving an Expedition. At least she managed to do $7000 in damages to the POS. The Justy needed a little "repositioning" of the rad support, a new bumper and cover and a fender. A month later she had it overheat well quite majorly. It had a small water pump leak that had been fixed with stop leak. It must have came back. She kept on driving it even though it had 0 coolant in her:( . Probably lasted a week or so without the coolant (as it was winter) before she coughed her last 3 cylinder cough.:( Hopefully she's in a better place now. Funny thing though the rod knock for 25k or so never got the best of her.

Poor thing.

Well, yesterday I changed the Justy's oil and rotated the tires. I also spent some time inspecting the car for anything broken or loose. After nearly two years of my abusive driving (as I have said, I don't thrash the SVX - I take it all out on the Justy), the car is totally solid. Nothing loose or excessively worn in the suspension or brakes. This little car is amazing, and I'll take it to its first autocross fully confident that it'll do great.

The muffler does have a big hole in the bottom. Other than that, the exhaust system is totally solid. I'm thinking of just having the muffler cut out and having a straight pipe put in. It wouldn't be any louder, at least. :D

Oh, and I ordered a new distributor cap and rotor and also a set of plug wires. The Justy has never idled well in warm weather and that occasionally causes it to stall. My theory is that the cap and rotor are worn and the cap expands when it's warm out. We'll see whether or not I'm right on Tuesday.

Subafreak 10-13-2003 04:16 PM

I started a 2.2L mid engine Justy prodject but just didn't have time to finnish it and I needed some of the parts for other cars so now I just have a Justy with no drivetrain and no rear floor.:rolleyes:

Mr. Pockets 10-15-2003 08:34 AM

Well, I installed the plugs, wires, rotor and cap last night. All told, it was $48, including 12 pair of nitrile gloves.

Anyway, the car idles smoothly now. Yay.

So I guess next I need to figure out this alignment problem.