The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   booklet price (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57662)

SURTEESS 06-23-2011 12:47 PM

booklet price

Wow - I have about 15 different articles & dealers booklets at home, together they were about the price of this single one (which I also have).

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=384866729

**Ewie** 06-29-2011 02:21 AM

Re: booklet price

Umm, I was one of those bidders :o the other guy really wanted it baaad!!

RedKiwiSVX 06-30-2011 03:16 PM

I was wondering when there was going to be some additional comments about this auction, esp. when so much was paid.

As it transpires, it was me who paid that silly price for the brochure! And now I know who I was bidding against.......:lol:

My wife had previously logged onto TM with her account & I forgot to switch it over to my own TM account (Motecca) when bidding for the brochure. No point changing over at the last minute & bidding against myself then. :cool:

I have seen brochures on ebay, but they are all JDM, Euro & US models & so, having just purchased my NZ, red '95 SVX', I wanted a brochure that reflected the 'local' spec.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there was there ever a a good quality book dedicated to the SVX?

**Ewie** 06-30-2011 06:09 PM

Oh well at least it went to a true enthusiast.... :D

I had one back in the early 90s called The Joy of SVX which I believe was produced by Subaru Australia. I got it from the dealer in Southport when I was looking at buying a new one. Unfortunately like a lot of my keepsakes it's probably landfill somewhere as a result of my divorce.

We definitely need to have a get together somewhere soon and ogle our cars over a coffee or a beer...

RedKiwiSVX 06-30-2011 11:15 PM

An enthusiast indeed.

The SVX was bought as an cheap interim business car as I just didn't want any boring appliance type of car. It was either the SVX or a Porsche 944. The latter had high insurance & high maintenance costs, so the SVX it was.

About mid-next I will be purchasing another 'business car' - an E39 BMW M5 (in anthracite grey) from a good friend who has fastidiously maintained the car.

Approx. a year or so later, my wife & I are off on a European holiday where I will be buying a Alfa Romeo SZ (ES30) - love it or hate it styling. Me, I love it.

I am also an old Ford Capri fan & should funding allow, I wouldn't mind securing a black Tickford Capri while on the Euro trip.

In good time, when prices have dropped sufficiently, I hope to also add a white Porsche GT3.

So, the (large-ish) garage will have kaleidoscope of colours being a red SVX, anthracite grey M5, red SZ, white GT3, maybe a black Tickford Capri & of course the wife's blue Swift (great city runabout).

In each case, except perhaps the Swift, I obtain all the relevant material (books, brochures, models etc). Life is too short to not to be an enthusiast & enjoy affordable (relatively speaking) automotive engineering & design marvels. In the case of the SVX, the 'Joy of SVX' you mention is the same as the brochure won on TM & in very good/excellent condition.

On the matter of a get together, is there a regional moderator/co-coordinator or do we just take things into our own hands & get on with it?

SURTEESS 07-02-2011 07:55 PM

Road & Track was a dedicated book for the SVX - about 60 pages (I think?). I have 2 copies (1 mint & the other for looking at) - I think it may have been scanned by someone in this forum group?.

**Ewie** 07-02-2011 08:59 PM

Yep, I had one of those too but alas it's probably in the same place as my Joy Of SVX book. as so had a great book on the BMW 850i that was released around the same time.

ensteele 07-03-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SURTEESS (Post 680747)
Road & Track was a dedicated book for the SVX - about 60 pages (I think?). I have 2 copies (1 mint & the other for looking at) - I think it may have been scanned by someone in this forum group?.

Yes, it is here somewhere. I will try to locate it and post a link. :)

**Ewie** 07-04-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 680783)
Yes, it is here somewhere. I will try to locate it and post a link. :)

Found it here: http://djmixmo.com/R&T_Guide_to_the_Subaru_SVX.pdf

Enjoy :D

Conn SVX 07-04-2011 04:10 PM

Yea I have that in almost new condition.

RedKiwiSVX 07-09-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by **Ewie** (Post 680876)

Awesome. Thanks mate. If anyone has an original copy they would like to sell then we may be able to negotiate a purchase price.