The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How do ya know you're in love with your SVX?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19995)

GreenMarine 07-16-2004 10:04 AM

How do ya know you're in love with your SVX??

This is a How question isn't it?? :D:D

well I know that I am... and it's killing me every day that I'm away from her while she's getting rebuilt...

I know I'm gonna cry when I have to sell her :(:( ..... She means more to me than all my past girlfriends ever did... Yep it's a fact, I'm in LOVE with my SVX... :):)

shelfy 07-16-2004 10:09 AM

because i choose to drive a 13yo car. i desperately want an a forester 2.5xt. even more so now that i learned i can get a premium package with a manual transmission for 2005. also, almost bought a scion tC last week but it meant giving up the claret. i just couldn't do it.

GreenMarine 07-16-2004 10:11 AM

Are ya gonna give up the SVX for an xt???

shelfy 07-16-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Are ya gonna give up the SVX for an xt???
i constantly consider it. 2 drivers do not need 5 cars. i need the jeep for towing and i will NEVER give up the green svx. if we downsize to 3 cars, it means i will have to give up the claret. i just don't think i will be able to do it. especially when i keep looking for a third svx! :D

Chiketkd 07-16-2004 10:22 AM

Kinda the same reason - I choose to drive an 8 yr old car. I love this thing to death. Even my wife has dreams of me buying other awesome performance cars...but still keeping the SVX in the garage. :)

Everyone who knows me, has probably heard me go on for hours about my car!

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by shelfy
because i choose to drive a 13yo car

shelfy 07-16-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
Everyone who knows me, has probably heard me go on for hours about my car!

RSVXLsi 07-17-2004 04:00 PM

i don't know bout giving the SVX up. i mean its not really too much different from the other cars today. in some areas i think its better. only way i'd give mine up would be if i bought anouther one from japan. since i hear that some over there arn't even at 3k yet.

HighwayUFO 07-17-2004 05:09 PM

You know that you are in love with your car when the dreaming begins. I dream every night about driving my car with the biggest dopey grin on my face. And now for the dream.

Dreaming away, I hop into my car and head off to my buddy Seth's house to pick him up. After I get to his house, we leave and head for Boise, 20 minutes away. As soon as we hit the freeway on-ramp, my car magically turns into a 5 speed and i now have a turbo.. "Wow, that was cool. I now have a 5 speed AND it's turbocharged." Continue on towards Boise when my phone rings.

Another friend of mine calls up and tells Seth and I he is stranded 300 miles away with a car that won't start. Ok, we are headed that way anyway and we'll come get you, not a problem.

Pass through Boise on the interstate and give her all the throttle she can stand. Spooling away up to 130 when my buddy hands me a little remote control with one red button. I press the button and what do you, NOS. Interesting. The car tops out at 180 and we get to where my buddy is, pick him up and head home. Repeat the highway speed fest and get home without a hitch.

I look down to see how my gas supply is and wouldn't you know, Full, not a drop used.

Only in the dream world, only in the dream world.

I believe that is the essence of the perfect dream.

Keith

NomadTW 07-17-2004 09:49 PM

when your 9 year old car is broken more than it works properly, yet you keep it around and run your hand across it's lines as you walk into the house past it. you dispise the car for tormenting you so, for being broken, for being expensive, for keeping you from going places you want to go, yet you keep working at the relationship because you can't imagine life without it.

your car is an svx and you are in love

Chiketkd 07-17-2004 10:04 PM

:) :) :)
Quote:

Originally posted by NomadTW
*snip*
...yet you keep it around and run your hand across it's lines as you walk into the house past it...
*snip*
your car is an svx and you are in love

SVX_MY_BABY 07-19-2004 01:43 PM

Let me see. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This car fits and feels like a well worn leather jacket.

How do you really know? Every time you wash or wax it you stand back & think "What a gorgeous car". How else? You don't think about the repair bills any differently than you do grocery bills.

Earthworm 07-19-2004 02:04 PM

Is your SVX your mistress/girlfriend/boyfriend or your spouse? I find that it's much easier to spend $2000 on my SVX than on my girlfriend.

SubaSteevo 07-19-2004 02:29 PM

When you sit inside a brand new car selling for $30k+ and decide that you would rather own a car that is worth less than the repairs you've made on it.

svxgirl92 07-19-2004 10:09 PM

you know you're in love with your SVX when the first thing you tell people about it is, 'you can get off by just looking at my car'

~Jamie
92 SVX Ls pearlie

SVX-FF 07-19-2004 10:46 PM

When you will buy another beater car just to have extra money to fix your SVX.
It makes you feel even more in love with your SVX when other say "It's how old!? Wow it looks great!"

Steve