The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2004 STI site (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8894)

Earthworm 02-20-2003 06:09 PM

2004 STI site

Has anyone noticed Subaru's web site for the 2004 STI?

http://impreza.subaru.com/

slipgx33 02-20-2003 06:19 PM

now i do:)

nice car....:)

SVXphile 02-20-2003 06:20 PM

Boy, I can't wait to take an STi for a test drive! :)

Thanks for posting that site...:D Don

alacrity024 02-20-2003 07:15 PM

"It is the most powerful 4-cylinder engine avaliable in the US"

meanguy.

-adam

Alcyone SVX LSL 02-20-2003 10:11 PM

I think they should get a bigger hood scoop :rolleyes:

BTW Cars have spoilers not wings..that looks like a wing to me...what is happening to cars these days.....

SVXMAN2001 02-20-2003 10:21 PM

that wing has been one of the most distinguishing features on the wrx

Green1995SVX 02-20-2003 10:30 PM

Well, here's my opinion. I think its better than the current 'bugeye thing,' but, I still think it is quite ugly. I'm not as much of a 'speed lover' as some people, so styling is very important to me when buying a car. I can see no circumstance in which I would purchase that. I think it's ugly. :)

Mike

Alcyone SVX LSL 02-20-2003 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Well, here's my opinion. I think its better than the current 'bugeye thing,' but, I still think it is quite ugly. I'm not as much of a 'speed lover' as some people, so styling is very important to me when buying a car. I can see no circumstance in which I would purchase that. I think it's ugly. :)

Mike

Spot on mate;)

Ill have a faster NX for less money if i want a light over powered car.

alacrity024 02-20-2003 10:35 PM

you might think it's ugly, but look at how @($*ing SWEET it is!!! I mean seriously!! what a SWEET car!! dude!! SWEET!! what's mine say??? SWEET!! DUDE!! what's mine say?? DUDE!! what's mine say?? 300 horsepower turbocharged boxer four with driver controlled intercooler waterspray and center differential with a close-ratio quick-shift six speed gearbox and a rally-proven all-wheel drive system!! SWEET!! what's mine say???

-adam

Green1995SVX 02-20-2003 10:41 PM

Everyone's opinion is different. I, for one, don't think it's "sweet" at all.

If they put that performance driveline in a car with performance styling, then they might be onto something. To me it looks like an econo car with some extra plastic 'stuck' on it.

Mike

Alcyone SVX LSL 02-20-2003 10:45 PM

Quote:

Everyone's opinion is different. I, for one, don't think it's "sweet" at all.

If they put that performance driveline in a car with performance styling, then they might be onto something. To me it looks like an econo car with some extra plastic 'stuck' on it.

Mike

Like i said before SPOT ON!

I think maybe the Legacy GT with about 250 hp and a 5-speed would be way nicer in looks and styling...and it would be a fast car..not quite 0-60 in 4 seconds but still faster than most things on the road...

Earthworm 02-21-2003 12:02 AM

If I could I would get one. I think we'll be getting 2 in Winnipeg. They will probably be sold before they arrive. It would be a "short trip" fun car to complement the "long trip" SVX.

svxistentialist 02-21-2003 04:41 AM

Agreed

Quote:

Mike

I have said this before, these cars are ugly. They are designed to operate as rally cars. When was the last time you saw an elegant rally car?

The current EVO VII seems to have more ability on the road models, even though Mitsubishi are taking a year out.

These are by far [both cars] the best performance per buck packages on the planet, and each is very satisfying to drive.

However, I would avoid them primarily because they look too functional, and partly because of the owner profile here. All wearing backward baseball caps and playing deafening stereos, just in case you might not have seen them, you will certainly hear them coming. No offense meant to anyone on here who likes them or owns them, it's just my age, the cars are too brash, ugly and uncouth.

Joe:)

You gotta respect an ugly duckling that can cross country quicker than an elegant Ferrari, though:D :D

LarryIII 02-21-2003 04:58 AM

Let's see, it already comes with gold-tone wheels can I also get gold-tone Landau bars for the roof and maybe a body colored continental kit for the tail? And can they put wide white racing stripes on the hood, roof and trunk lid?
I think the dealers in Texas have an optional kit that bolts huge steer horns to the top of the hood scoop.

I have these vintage Chock-Full-O-Nuts ("The Heavenly Coffee")coffee cans that I've been saving as collectors items. Maybe I can find a way to attach them to the ends of the exhaust pipes.
I better not weld them on. You all knlow the problems when welding dissimilar coffee beans (Brazilian & Columbian) together.

SupaSuba06 02-21-2003 05:32 AM

haha

Nice, lol horns?? that would look... I'll keep my openion on this one, but as far as the '04 STI goes I'm sayin hell ya, and it's gettin better looks every year hopefully next years will look evn nicer