The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Happy Fathers Day! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62866)

svxfiles 06-15-2014 07:28 AM

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy Fathers Day!
What is it to be a father?
Its making heart shaped pancakes, its’ getting up early to drive the little buggers to school so that you can spend a little more time with them. Its’ buying bats, hats, uniforms, gloves and related crap for baseball, so that they can socialize. Its’ watching them grow. Its’ sending them to karate lessons for years so that someday they can kick your ass. Its’ “helping” them with science projects so that they not only succeed, but win first place! Its’ putting up with their friends who do not have a father figure of their own. It is taking them places to explore, and watching them experience new stuff. An eagle swooping down and plucking a fish from the river/stream that you are floating down is something to remember. It is seeing a beaver slap its tail, or watching a deer along the bank or the river. Being a father is a lot of work to teach/help and raise a child to become a good adult. So, you are working to make yourself obsolete! If you do it right, its’ the best thing that you can EVER do!

ensteele 06-15-2014 05:52 PM

Re: Happy Fathers Day!

I agree with you 100%. It is a sacrifice, but you love doing it.

Happy Fathers Day to all of you Fathers. :)

Blacky 06-15-2014 10:14 PM

Well said. It's the best job I ever had.

SVXRide 06-16-2014 09:41 AM

Tom! Okay, who hacked your Network account? :rolleyes:;):lol::lol:

Bill

svxfiles 06-16-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 734771)
Tom! Okay, who hacked your Network account? :rolleyes:;):lol::lol:

Bill

Doctor Phill?!:o

SVXRide 06-16-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 734772)
Doctor Phill?!:o

I THOUGHT SO! :lol::lol:

Bill

Tom's original message before Dr. Phil got a hold of it...

"Being a Father means sharing your deepest thoughts about 9mm hollow point rounds, about the ability of a well made Katana to slice the top off of a man's skull if its master is well taught. Being a Father means not worrying about how fast you go, but how to walk away from the landing with your manhood still intact."

svxfiles 06-17-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 734777)

Bill

"Being a Father means sharing your deepest thoughts about 9mm hollow point rounds, about the ability of a well made Katana to slice the top off of a man's skull if its master is well taught. Being a Father means not worrying about how fast you go, but how to walk away from the landing with your manhood still intact."

That actually sounds like me.:o
Can't we do both?

SVX92-97 06-17-2014 08:28 PM

OT, I couldnt have said it better myself. ;)

ensteele 06-17-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 734777)

Bill

Who said that Old Tom walked away from the landing with his manhood still intact?

svxfiles 06-17-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 734802)
Who said that Old Tom walked away from the landing with his manhood still intact?

I know where you live!
So, you wanna sleep with the oysters?
:mad:
;)