The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Argh... keep missing the deals... looking to buy 92 LSL... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43864)

Subix 03-20-2008 05:44 AM

*I HAS SVX!* Argh... keep missing the deals... looking to buy 92 LSL...

Thanks for the offers guys... I've finally purchased a 94 LSi from the guys over at AWD! =)

Have been looking out for a 92 LSL (blk/grey leather, woodgrain, moonroof job) on the cheap but seem to keep missing all the great deals :( (great deals = car in overall good condition but with issues such as bad tranny, dents here or there or overall minor mishaps that need fixed but nothing overly major or out of the way like serious rusting and such)

I was going to grab that teal one that JaySVX? had up for $1200 but that got sold 1 day prior... and I was offered another teal one for a little more then that but the owner had to rid it rather quickly on top of other issues I didn't feel comfortable about.

I just ran across one last night for $1000 flat (my stomach is still ill for missing out on it) which would have been perfect because the color was blue...(I'm sure not stock) which is what I want or will eventually get painted to... but it looked really nice (see pics :drool: ), 92... but had a small dent on the passenger side and needed a transmission (which I could eventually deal with). Again, listed not even 30ish some odd hours and then sold, bam! :barf:
(I feel like I don't even have a chance.... eh)

So, if anyone has a 92 LSL (or similar with the options) that may need a'bit of TLC and will most definitely go to a great home, please drop me a PM. I don't have a ton of money *else I'd buy one without issues of course... and don't necessarily expect to purchase one that is in immaculate condition or anything but I don't want one where the interior is completely trashed or has more rust than Maters from that Cars movie. ;).

Oh, if it's in driveable condition... I will be willing to travel till the end of Earth to obtain it. (as I was going to do with the other 2 cars) or even have it shipped like I was going to do with the last one with bad tranny for $500... that flew out from underneath me.... argh.

All the blue ones I've seen were always dark (in pictures only of course) but doesn't this one look different from the stock paint or is it just the photo/me?
(Mind you, that's the $1000 job I was dreaming over and waiting anxiously for a response... man I really wanted that one! :( )

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2067/...c7b48467_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3229/...67c849a2_o.jpg

Manarius 03-20-2008 08:07 AM

Any particular reason you want a 92 not any other year?

Mike621 03-20-2008 09:00 AM

We have a 94 Bordeaux LSi in your price range that needs a little work if you are interested. PM me for details.

Subix 03-20-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 536059)
Any particular reason you want a 92 not any other year?

Price.... more or less. The higher the year the higher the price generally.
Also, 92 had the most sold (aside from 93) so my chances are a little better in that respect.
Lastly, I know all 92's are AWD and just recently realized that LSi models are including all of 93's. (So I'd be open up for that.. including they have automatic door switches in the center console). Many people (sellers) seem to never know what they have and can't seem to figure it out.

*edit: also, they have the motorized seat belts and black leather (not the beige or gray)

Quote:

We have a 94 Bordeaux LSi in your price range that needs a little work if you are interested. PM me for details.
PM sent :)

Mike621 03-20-2008 08:31 PM

Replied to your PM. :)

svxcess 03-20-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subix (Post 536224)
*edit: also, they have the motorized seat belts and black leather (not the beige or gray)

That's a new one on me. I have never seen a black factory interior on a USDM SVX...

*and I have seen a lot of them... (USDM SVXs, that is)

Speedklix 03-20-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 536240)
That's a new one on me. I have never seen a black factory interior on a USDM SVX...

I think there is some misinformation about that out there... I remember that I "settled" for grey/char int. when I bought mine. I couldn't find black, but somehow knew it was out there :confused: can't remember why

Subix 03-20-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 536240)

Your probably right as they tend to look black (gray?) in the pictures.

Speedklix 03-20-2008 09:00 PM

...if I ever replace the carpet, guess what it'll be... ;)

Subix 03-21-2008 08:27 PM

I had e-mailed the original seller and asked about the color/paint. Said it was like that when he purchased it from the previous owner but looks very similar to the WRX STi blue.

Looking around, it is very close... but the WRX seems lighter/softer in color.

Anyone have a 'real' name color for it? Pelican blue may be it? but I'm not so sure about that either. I may just have to take those crap shots to a paint shop locally and see if they can 'do' that exact same color.

Any guesstimates on pricing for something like that? ($800 - $1200ish sound about right?)

redlightningsvx 03-21-2008 09:18 PM

if your repainting the whole car it's going to be way more than 1200$ for a good one try about 2500-3500$

techy101 03-22-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 536453)
if your repainting the whole car it's going to be way more than 1200$ for a good one try about 2500-3500$

Or park outside a Maaco and wait for someone to hit you. Then it's free.

Subix 03-22-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techy101 (Post 536551)
Or park outside a Maaco and wait for someone to hit you. Then it's free.

lol.... yea, I read that story :)
(outcome was pretty nice too!)

I'm not wanting a show car or anything... so top notch professionalism isn't needed. I'd find it silly to pay $3000+ for a paint job on a car you pay 1/3 of.

redlightningsvx 03-22-2008 01:56 PM

most of the costs are labor and prep so if you can remove and install all the pieces being painted along with the body work it can easily cut the price down by 2/3

Subix 03-22-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 536563)
most of the costs are labor and prep so if you can remove and install all the pieces being painted along with the body work it can easily cut the price down by 2/3

Thanks for the $-saving tip... I'll keep that in mind when I start talking to some local paint shops regarding pricing. I probably wouldn't have an issue removing/re-installing parts but prepping it proper may not be in my line of sight.

Anyways, I still need a SVX first... :( ... I feel that may take a'bit longer than I had hoped. (in finding the right one for the right price).