The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Got Pulled Over (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41728)

IceBlade 11-06-2007 09:50 AM

Got Pulled Over

So after class I get on the highway today heading home and I see a cop standing outside his car just waiting for someone to get off the highway to pull over. Sure enough first car to come gets pulled off. Whatever, I go on my merry way. I get off two exits down and there're two unmarked cars parked in the same place where the last dude was and two cops standing in the street waiting under the overpass. Sure enough one of them points to me and the side of the road. He eyeballs my baby for a min and comes and tells me my windows appear to be too tinted. I tried to tell him the car came from Florida so it was inspected upon entering the country but nooo have to go get it inspected again.

I mean I can deal with getting pulled over if I'm doing something wrong but when I'm minding my own business doing nothing wrong it just ****ing pisses me off.

</rant>

AlcyoneDaze 11-06-2007 10:23 AM

quota day.... it exists

Sir. Nate 11-06-2007 11:00 AM

I got pulled over too, but I was actually doing something wrong. 97 in a 65 zone :rolleyes:

AlcyoneDaze 11-06-2007 11:02 AM

watch that kinda talk... ya might get a longer lecture from someone on this site than from the cop :lol:

i got careless driving a week ago... for passing two cars in a passing lane... go figure

redsvx 11-06-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceBlade (Post 506749)
So after class I get on the highway today heading home and I see a cop standing outside his car just waiting for someone to get off the highway to pull over. Sure enough first car to come gets pulled off. Whatever, I go on my merry way. I get off two exits down and there're two unmarked cars parked in the same place where the last dude was and two cops standing in the street waiting under the overpass. Sure enough one of them points to me and the side of the road. He eyeballs my baby for a min and comes and tells me my windows appear to be too tinted. I tried to tell him the car came from Florida so it was inspected upon entering the country but nooo have to go get it inspected again.

I mean I can deal with getting pulled over if I'm doing something wrong but when I'm minding my own business doing nothing wrong it just ****ing pisses me off.

</rant>

My dad was a cop in Toronto for over 20 years ... he would never pull people over for no apparent reason ... some of the guys that worked with him were like that all the time ... he would tell me they were on some sort of a power trip! It happens :(

I used to get pulled over as a teenager all the time, (sometimes when I was stopped), because I had a customized, loud car. I would let them do their lecture thing and just when they were about to give me a ticket I would tell them who my dad was and they let me go on my merry way. :D

CorSVXette 11-06-2007 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=AlcyoneDaze;506762]watch that kinda talk... ya might get a longer lecture from someone on this site than from the cop :lol:

Yea. I wonder who that can be?:rolleyes:

svxpert 11-06-2007 01:45 PM

<<I mean I can deal with getting pulled over if I'm doing something wrong but when I'm minding my own business doing nothing wrong it just ****ing pisses me off.>>

so is it illegal to have your windows tinted where you live?

Cynic 11-06-2007 03:10 PM

One of the girls I work with has been pulled over 3 times and given warnings to have the tint removed from her 2 front windows...they are too dark and you can't see who's driving the car....next time its a big $$$ ticket. So ya, I guess we have rules here in BC for how dark a tint can be.

IceBlade 11-06-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxpert (Post 506804)
<<I mean I can deal with getting pulled over if I'm doing something wrong but when I'm minding my own business doing nothing wrong it just ****ing pisses me off.>>

so is it illegal to have your windows tinted where you live?

You're allowed having your windows tinted to a certain degree. Mine aren't too bad but I suppose it looked way worse since it was overcast and I was under the overpass. Either way the car was inspected when it came over the border. So really this is all just a big waste of my time.

crazyhorse 11-06-2007 04:30 PM

We have a tint law here in my county. The limit is 35%. Part of thier in car tools is a tint strip, to check the level of tint on a car. If you're out of compliance, they can, and will, make you remove it on the spot.

Strife 11-06-2007 05:01 PM

I got pulled over in june because i had illegal tint. and because of this they were allowed to issue me for not having my N on the back. (if your not from BC, you won't understand that part.)
So I looked it up. In BC/Canada, you are not allowed to have ANY tint in front driver/passenger windows. rear driver/passenger and hatch/rear window can be tinted 100%?
Unless the car comes with tint from stock apparently?

svxpert 11-06-2007 05:12 PM

<<You're allowed having your windows tinted to a certain degree. Mine aren't too bad but I suppose it looked way worse since it was overcast and I was under the overpass. Either way the car was inspected when it came over the border. So really this is all just a big waste of my time.>>

i see. so one inspection and your good for the life of the car then? some states have that, others have yearly inspections.

crazyhorse 11-06-2007 05:41 PM

Thankfully I live in TN. Their inspection requirements are set on a county by county basis. Most of the "money guys" in my county are gearheads, so they won't allow the County Commission to pass an inspection law. There's a downside to that as well...I've seen some SERIOUS rolling deathtraps on the roads here:D
Of course I've owned one or 2 of them too.:eek:

Hondasucks 11-06-2007 06:50 PM

In Oregon it's 35% on the front windows, and they have a tester thingie in the car with them (the cops), they won't make you remove it on the spot, but they give you a "fix it ticket" which basically means fix it by the court date and you don't pay anything (or you just pay a court fee, I'm not sure, I don't have anything tinted, except the el cheapo tint on the back windows of the SVX that I need to remove)

IceBlade 11-06-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

i see. so one inspection and your good for the life of the car then? some states have that, others have yearly inspections.
The inspection is only good for a year but I'll be sure to keep my papers in the glove compartment that shows my windows passed inspection. In Quebec the limit is 70%. I'm glad I got the inspection though because he COULD have tested the windows with a photometer or w/e it's called and given me a fine on the spot. Still kinda pissed though lol. I mean I'm a decent, law abiding citizen. Leave me alone!