The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   So I saw this bumper sticker on a Loyale... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21518)

BoondockSVX 09-23-2004 11:37 AM

So I saw this bumper sticker on a Loyale...

"Guns Kill People Like Spoons Make Rosie O'Donnel Fat".

Heh. :D

Subaru owners are funny.

Chiketkd 09-23-2004 11:41 AM

LMAO! That's hilarious... :D

Haven't seen that one yet in all my travels.

-Chike

Royal Tiger 09-23-2004 12:49 PM

Careful, there are alot of liberals running around this board lately. I'm sure Edwards would be suing McDonalds if he wasn't busy running for VP.

wawazat?? 09-23-2004 02:01 PM

You forget PA that lawyers sue at the request of individuals who are then judged by other individuals. There are also PLENTY of conservative attorneys.

Todd (married to an attorney, brother-in-law of an attorney, and son-in-law of an attorney, now judge)

Royal Tiger 09-23-2004 02:27 PM

True Todd, but as a person in Law Enforcement, I don't have many good things to say about lawyers. At least criminal defense ones. Civil seem to be ok. They act human. People who sue over their stupidity and win are what bug me. Like the coffee lady. Or when the police chase someone and they crash into an innocent person, why sue the police? They didn't want to chase. They are trying to stop the person. My belief is the moron running is using potential deadly force on the innocent motoring public. Therefore you should get up next to them and give them the 12 guage option. Stop or bang. Word would get around and people wouldn't be so likely to run. Cuts down on court costs and time as well.

Chiketkd 09-23-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_SVX
People who sue over their stupidity and win are what bug me. Like the coffee lady.
:D :D :D

-Chike

Landshark 09-23-2004 03:24 PM

Guns don't kill people, *I* kill people.

Royal Tiger 09-23-2004 05:20 PM

Guns don't kill people, it's the little metal things that fly out so fast! :D

mikecg 09-23-2004 07:05 PM

oooh great.

Quote:

Guns don't kill people, it's the little metal things that fly out so fast! :D
Now you let the secret out. I'm gonna have to learn how to make my own ammo now. There going to push to stop the sale of ammo, because we all no we "have the right to bare arms" , but it doesn't say anything about the right to have ammo for your guns.

NikFu S. 09-23-2004 07:22 PM

A gun without ammo is not technically "arms".
You would be considered "unarmed", carrying one.
Therefore ammo is part of an inalienable right to bare arms.

Tim 09-23-2004 07:30 PM

Fight Crime. Shoot Back. :D

Landshark 09-23-2004 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.
an inalienable right to bare arms.
i will defend my right to wear T-shirts and tank tops!!!!!

lee 09-23-2004 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.
A gun without ammo is not technically "arms".
You would be considered "unarmed", carrying one.
Therefore ammo is part of an inalienable right to bare arms.

Florida has a 10-20-life law. In their TV advertisements it's 10 for having a gun (ammo?), 20 for pulling the trigger (ammo again?), and finally, life if a bullet strikes someone (no mention here of having the gun). Do you think I'm overlooking something?

Seriously, I wish I could get them to reconsider what's cruel & unusual punishment for committing violent crimes - since both friends & family have suffered at the hands of a violent criminal - and it leaves an indelible/lifetime mark.

PA-SVX, just pullin' your chain, but aren't the DAs and even the hangin' judges lawyers too?;)

n00b on demand 09-23-2004 08:42 PM

Quote:

True Todd, but as a person in Law Enforcement, I don't have many good things to say about lawyers. At least criminal defense ones. Civil seem to be ok. They act human. People who sue over their stupidity and win are what bug me. Like the coffee lady. Or when the police chase someone and they crash into an innocent person, why sue the police? They didn't want to chase. They are trying to stop the person. My belief is the moron running is using potential deadly force on the innocent motoring public. Therefore you should get up next to them and give them the 12 guage option. Stop or bang. Word would get around and people wouldn't be so likely to run. Cuts down on court costs and time as well.
Im a criminal justice major...hopefully future member of the NYPD....and one of the first things i was told in class was.....cops and lawyers dont get along :D

wawazat?? 09-23-2004 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93

Im a criminal justice major...hopefully future member of the NYPD....and one of the first things i was told in class was.....cops and lawyers dont get along :D

nice attittude on the part of your instructors there soobiesvx93 :rolleyes:

Todd