The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   pennys in trunk Trick (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15523)

gamblergw 01-09-2004 07:49 PM

pennys in trunk Trick

Ok guys, I have one for you. Whats the deal with the pennys in the trunk trick? I was cleaning out the trunk in my new 92 svx and found about 150 or more pennys in the trunk. They were placed in all areas. They did show oxidation so i am thinking that the previous owner put them there thinking that they will stop the trunk area from rusting. I have a boat that uses a Zink plate to stop other parts on the boat from rusting, Will copper do the same thing? The car is from Ma. as you know and there is alot of snow in that country. Oh and the hell of it is that it seems to work.. The car has no rust In the trunk or any where for that matter. Was the guy nuts or is he on to something? Jim Stanley

Noir 01-09-2004 07:55 PM

jim, it sounds like the previous owner was the one that kidnapped the tooth fairy. guess that's her stash of cash for teeth. :D

sorry i really don't know, just trying to be stupid :D.

shelfy 01-09-2004 07:55 PM

lmao. pennies are mostly made of zinc.

immortal_suby 01-09-2004 08:14 PM

Maybe the PO hated pennies as much as me but instead of throwing them in the parking lot for 5 year old kids to find and swallow he just tossed them in the trunk

<--- Still remembers being able to get a gumball for a penny

:p

Noir 01-09-2004 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
Maybe the PO hated pennies as much as me but instead of throwing them in the parking lot for 5 year old kids to find and swallow he just tossed them in the trunk

<--- Still remembers being able to get a gumball for a penny

:p

so do i, as well as the 5 year old kids who finds these pennies. they walk up to the gumball machine and dumbfounded as they see gumballs for $0.75 and swallows the pennies instead.

hmm..how serious are you matt when you said kids swallow pennies. i surely hope that you are joking because i've never heard of such things.

immortal_suby 01-09-2004 08:19 PM

When I was young I took ****s that could buy a dozen gumballs.

:D

Noir 01-09-2004 08:25 PM

i remember when coke in a can was for $0.15 in a machine. and i remember tranzor Z's partner, the missle breast'ed female robot. and you wonder why i'm so screwed up :D.

hehe...what's bad was that tranzor z was a cartoon on tv. damn perverted cartoonists.

shelfy 01-09-2004 08:27 PM

TMI

Alycone 01-09-2004 11:00 PM

Assuming the pennies were in contact with the metal, the copper coating acts as a corrosion inhibitor via cathodic protection (dredging up inorganic chem knowledge here), and once the zinc was exposed, it would do the same thing, as would anything with a higher standard reduction potential than the car frame. Not a bad idea, creating a mini battery in the trunk.

T.McCaw 01-10-2004 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
i remember when coke in a can was for $0.15 in a machine. and i remember tranzor Z's partner, the missle breast'ed female robot. and you wonder why i'm so screwed up :D.

hehe...what's bad was that tranzor z was a cartoon on tv. damn perverted cartoonists.

I remember when coke was in glass bottles in a cooler full of water and a little towel to wipe it off. And a Coka Cola crate was 7 cents. Good for skate boards and carts.

Tom

CigarJohnny 01-10-2004 06:22 AM

Quote:

LMAO! :D

Aredubjay 01-10-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by T.McCaw

I remember when coke was in glass bottles in a cooler full of water and a little towel to wipe it off. And a Coka Cola crate was 7 cents. Good for skate boards and carts.

Tom

I remember paying a nickel for a coke, and Taylor's Drug Store sold Coca-Cola syrup in gallon jugs so's you could buy your own soda water and mix your own at home. I also remember that cokes used to taste so much better at the Drive-in Movie. :D

Aredubjay 01-10-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

I'm not going to think about what they would buy, now that you're older. :rolleyes: I'm not going to think about this subject any more . . . at all.:eek:

ensteele 01-10-2004 12:20 PM

Thank you Aredub for this good will gesture! :) I figured you would take it right to the gutter as usual. :D

Aredubjay 01-11-2004 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Thank you Aredub for this good will gesture! :) I figured you would take it right to the gutter as usual. :D

Whut? Whut? Whuddaya mean?:confused: :p :D