The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Airbag ? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13224)

BLKSVX92 09-16-2003 01:23 PM

Airbag ?

Ok, this isnt about the SVX, but my Si...

I plan on replacing my stock seats with SRS side airbags with recaros, which were delivered today

My question is my SRS unit will throw a code with my seats not pluged into the wiring harness, will this thrown code deactivate my indash airbags, or will the rest of my SRS system fully function??

Need help ASAP..otherwise these seats my go in my SVX

Ive talked to every Honda dealership in my area...no one has a definitive answer..

svx_commuter 09-17-2003 09:03 AM

No idea. :)

Seraph 09-17-2003 09:49 AM

Put them in your SVX.

wawazat?? 09-17-2003 02:59 PM

No help here

but what have the Si owners said? Have you asked them?

Todd

nice seats BTW. Too narrow for me.........or maybe I'm too wide for them:D

mohrds 09-17-2003 03:02 PM

Re: No help here

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
Too narrow for me.........or maybe I'm too wide for them:D
I'd agree with the latter :D

wawazat?? 09-17-2003 03:03 PM

See my response to your comment

in Mod Mania, Doug:p

Todd

BTW, I hear ClubSi is good for a laugh.

BLKSVX92 09-17-2003 03:12 PM

all the guys on my si forum dont really know, apparantly im the first with side airbags to tempt this. i have called at least 10 honda dealerships though, none can say for certain if the rest will work or not :(

Mr. Pockets 09-17-2003 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLKSVX92
all the guys on my si forum dont really know, apparantly im the first with side airbags to tempt this. i have called at least 10 honda dealerships though, none can say for certain if the rest will work or not :(
That's not surprising. I am pretty sure that your front airbags will still work, and I'm sure they are, too. But they don't know how competent you are. You could mess something up (hypothetically) and disable your front airbags by mistake. They don't want to be held responsible if you do that, then wreck your car without the bags deploying.

I wouldn't expect any support from a Honda rep of any kind on this one.

BLKSVX92 09-17-2003 04:26 PM

actaully 1 of the dealers i called, was actually quite helpful over then phone..answered all my questions, provided help and ideas..and said theyd do the install..but its kinda pointless just take it to them after I do it..and have them run an SRS system test...to see if the opened circuits form not haveing my stock seats can be closed

Mr. Pockets 09-17-2003 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLKSVX92
actaully 1 of the dealers i called, was actually quite helpful over then phone..answered all my questions, provided help and ideas..and said theyd do the install..
That's rather surprising to me. Good job. :)

Green1995SVX 09-18-2003 06:39 PM

On subarus with side airbags, if there is a fault code, the system will not deploy any airbags. So, this would mean that if you remove the side bags, it would deactivate all the bags. Honda may be different of course.

Mike