The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to "get serious" about selling your SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50617)

svxistentialist 06-14-2009 05:42 AM

How to "get serious" about selling your SVX

The website below has been put in place by a UK SVX owner to sell his Brilliant Red UK car.

For Sale website

I have also seen this car listed on AutoTrader. So far as I know the guy is not a member on the Network.

The description of the SVX is interesting. It correctly promotes the car as a GT car, and the overall description is very polished and professional.

The only place I would call the description into question is where he states there is no need for electronics in the drive train. The very reason the SVX has such good traction is precisely because the electronics of the TCU control traction. He may not be aware of that.

Other than that oversight the website is an object lesson in how to sell a quality car.

Joe :)

ShiuludeSVX 06-14-2009 09:08 AM

Re: How to "get serious" about selling your SVX

It's very well put together.
I like the brighter interior trim panels.

And I learned something. "Alcantara"

ensteele 06-14-2009 09:19 AM

I like the way he put that package together. Very well done. :)

SilverSpear 06-14-2009 09:36 AM

I think this guy has something wrong with his head.

For a person with that much passion for that car, to the extent of setting up a complete website for it... complete details inside out/history/pictures... and the purpose is to sell... do you guys find him normal?

With that love for a car I would be willing to sell my wife instead :D:D:D:D:D

Something just doesn't add up :S

SubaROO 06-14-2009 09:36 AM

A dot-com to sell a car? Isn't that a tad excessive? Who's going to see that? Wouldn't he have to advertise it, just the same as he would advertise a normal car ad on any other website?

Seems like a waste, but it does show a lot of effort. Hope he gets the $8100 he's asking for it, I guess.

svxistentialist 06-14-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX (Post 605193)
It's very well put together.
I like the brighter interior trim panels.

And I learned something. "Alcantara"

I think the interior wood panels are a little too bright, but that's just a matter of taste.

Alcantara and Ecsaine are the exact same synthetic suede product. So far as I know they are even made in the same factory somewhere in Asia, and both trademarks are owned by the same corporation.

As a rule of thumb, they seem to market the Alcantara brand in Europe mostly, and you will hear of its use to upholster Lamborghinis for example. Ecsaisne is the name they use in Japan and USA.

Same stuff, basically.

:)

svxistentialist 06-14-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 605198)

No fooling you Danny. :D Add up is the operative term at play here.

His asking price is £4950. No SVX in any condition has sold in the UK for more than £3000 for the past 3 years.

There was one car sold on eBay, a one-owner Pearlie with unmarked paint and excellent overall condition, that car created interest and had a good number of bidders. However it topped out at £3000 or so, and that was at least 18 months ago.

So essentially the extravagant sell is because he thinks it is worth 66% more than the most recent highest price SVX sold. And incidentally that white car had about half the miles that is on this red car. :eek:

Having said all that he deserves to get a good price for this car. It is very well minded and presented, and deserves an owner that values it for the rare thing of beauty that it is.

;)

SilverSpear 06-14-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 605201)
No fooling you Danny. :D Add up is the operative term at play here.

His asking price is £4950. No SVX in any condition has sold in the UK for more than £3000 for the past 3 years.

There was one car sold on eBay, a one-owner Pearlie with unmarked paint and excellent overall condition, that car created interest and had a good number of bidders. However it topped out at £3000 or so, and that was at least 18 months ago.

So essentially the extravagant sell is because he thinks it is worth 66% more than the most recent highest price SVX sold. And incidentally that white car had about half the miles that is on this red car. :eek:

Having said all that he deserves to get a good price for this car. It is very well minded and presented, and deserves an owner that values it for the rare thing of beauty that it is.

;)

So end of story, he gets a thumb up for his write-up/presentation and a "You SUCK" for everything else... :lol:

bwb3 06-14-2009 09:57 AM

Don't mean to hijack but gulffabrics.com in Tampa, Florida sells Alcantara for automotive applications. I have a couple sample swatches that match the '92 gray. Am planning to replace the cloth seat inserts on the L. The other swatch matches the dash and door panels. They also sell upholstery tools.
Gene

svxistentialist 06-14-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 605204)
Don't mean to hijack but gulffabrics.com in Tampa, Florida sells Alcantara for automotive applications. I have a couple sample swatches that match the '92 gray. Am planning to replace the cloth seat inserts on the L. The other swatch matches the dash and door panels. They also sell upholstery tools.
Gene

That sounds good Gene.

Is the material for the seats a different weight or quality than that which is on the panels?

kwren 06-14-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 605198)
I think this guy has something wrong with his head.

For a person with that much passion for that car, to the extent of setting up a complete website for it... complete details inside out/history/pictures... and the purpose is to sell... do you guys find him normal?

Building a website is as easy as talking on a cell phone...

svxcess 06-14-2009 07:33 PM

In talking about his interior:

It has an exceptional wooden interior - beautiful Canadian maple - which suits the car perfectly. This cost £2350 to fit by Bentley experts in London.

That's $3850.00 for a dash!

I'd like to see some close-up photos of what I get for that much money.

bwb3 06-15-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Is the material for the seats a different weight or quality than that which is on the panels?
I don't have an answer on whether there are weight options. The samples are identical. They do offer perforated fabric for the seats.
Gene

svxistentialist 06-15-2009 09:21 AM

Thanks Gene.

That would be useful information for the How-To section. If you send me contact information I will post it up as a help for members.

Joe

Mike621 06-15-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 605310)
I don't have an answer on whether there are weight options. The samples are identical. They do offer perforated fabric for the seats.
Gene

Gene, I agree that this sounds like a useful product! :)