The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   We have some Kiwis on the forum, right? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56222)

Huskymaniac 12-26-2010 01:19 PM

We have some Kiwis on the forum, right?

We had a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for Christmas dinner and it was very impressive. I'm not even a big fan of that grape. They are making some good wine down there. The winery was Momo. My 10 year old son picked out when we were wandering around a wine shop. The kid has good instincts.

svxcess 12-26-2010 01:35 PM

Re: We have some Kiwis on the forum, right?

As wine consultant, let me add that the best sauvignon blancs on the planet come from Marlborough, New Zealand, around the Wairau Valley.

NOTHING goes better with seafood, such as lobster and steamed shrimp than these wines.

Huskymaniac 12-26-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 665371)
As wine consultant, let me add that the best sauvignon blancs on the planet come from Marlborough, New Zealand, around the Wairau Valley.

NOTHING goes better with seafood, such as lobster and steamed shrimp than these wines.

You have to tell me how to get that gig. I have too much wine knowledge being wasted.

Anywho, I used it when making a rose sauce with snow crab meat and we were going to have it with the pasta but it didn't make it.

You know what goes great with seafood cream sauces? Sangiovese grown in Napa. Cosentino Sangiovese is a great match with Lobster Bisque, for example.

K_Dub 12-26-2010 02:11 PM

My boss is a certified wino with a cellar at home and a smaller stash in a climate controlled space at the office. Every year he gives out a bottle as our Christmas bonus. This year I snagged a Morgon from France, but neglected to remember my broken corkscrew (I snapped off the handle in a Two Buck Chuck stupor a few weeks back) until last night with glasses in hand. :(

I guess it'll just get another few days of aging before I finally get into it.

subbieatnz 12-27-2010 06:24 AM

I am in kiwiland :)
Down in Christchurch. Its about 3 to 4hrs drive to Marlborough.
Can stop at Kiakoura and pick up a crayfish on the way up to Marlbourough if you like crays.

madmike 12-27-2010 03:30 PM

I'm in the Manawatu (Lower North Island) New Zealand.
About an hour and a half drive to the Hawkes Bay.

Probably the largest wine growing area in NZ.

Pity i'm not a fan of wine.. LOL

K_Dub 12-30-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Dub (Post 665377)
My boss is a certified wino with a cellar at home and a smaller stash in a climate controlled space at the office. Every year he gives out a bottle as our Christmas bonus. This year I snagged a Morgon from France, but neglected to remember my broken corkscrew (I snapped off the handle in a Two Buck Chuck stupor a few weeks back) until last night with glasses in hand. :(

I guess it'll just get another few days of aging before I finally get into it.

He just handed me two more bottles for working all weekend. Can somebody tell this guy that wine is not legal tender?:rolleyes: